Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next installment of DC saga released 19:40 - May 23 with 11834 viewsPablokuqi

I am looking forward to the next set of ministerial tweets

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dom
Next installment of DC saga released on 21:59 - May 23 with 1725 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 21:52 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

The mps defending him have gone quiet after the second story. Dead man walking imo.

There's a big problem for government in sacking him. The obvious next question is about Boris' knowledge.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:01 - May 23 with 1711 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 21:56 - May 23 by tractordownsouth

Looks like we may have a part 3 in the morning

The evidence is coming in part. 3 tomorrow isn’t it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:02 - May 23 with 1713 viewsgiant_stow

Next installment of DC saga released on 21:56 - May 23 by bluelagos

It does feel that way. If we were doing a sweep I'd go for Monday afternoon resignation.

Which probably means he'll still be in place this time next year :-(

Its a win for decency whether he stays or goes, i reckon. Cant wait for the next time a minister tells everyone to stick to the rules in the evening briefing.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:02 - May 23 with 1711 viewsPablokuqi

The mps defending him have gone quiet after the second story. Dead man walking imo.

Apparently you can bet whether he will still be in post on the 1st June. The company in question have taken bets of £5000@ 1/3 and £10000 @ 1/5! The odds are currently 1/6 he will still be in post in 1st June. With those two Boris will be able to the next months nappies.
Next installment of DC saga released on 22:03 - May 23 with 1710 viewsbluelagos

Next installment of DC saga released on 21:59 - May 23 by sparks

There's a big problem for government in sacking him. The obvious next question is about Boris' knowledge.

The Tories are usually ruthless with incompetent or unpopular leaders. Maybe BJ will fall with him. There are plenty of ambitious ministers who covet his job.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:16 - May 23 with 1663 viewstractordownsouth

He's also found time to release an album

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:19 - May 23 with 1657 viewslowhouseblue

the government is really squaring up to the guardian and the mirror. exciting stuff.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:21 - May 23 with 1645 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:19 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

the government is really squaring up to the guardian and the mirror. exciting stuff.

But you can’t call it “fascism” yet I imagine.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:24 - May 23 with 1640 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next installment of DC saga released on 21:38 - May 23 by itfcjoe

And now they are doubling down, again

Wow, a long way of crying "fake news"!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:25 - May 23 with 1635 viewsitfcjoe

All part of their culture war and attempt to manage the news cycle.

Just have to hope it all comes crashing down on them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:26 - May 23 with 1633 viewsSpruceMoose

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:24 - May 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wow, a long way of crying "fake news"!

It was only a matter of time before the UK went the same way as the US. All the warning signs have been there.

Shame and accountability are dead.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:53 - May 23 with 1563 viewsHerbivore

You're excited by attempts by the government to shut down scrutiny now?

"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:53 - May 23 with 1564 viewsSpruceMoose

What I want to know is how come the likes of Farage and his winged Brexit monkeys aren't up in arms about these unelected officials. Must be the wrong brand of unelected officials I suppose.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:54 - May 23 with 1563 viewslinhdi

Next installment of DC saga released on 19:52 - May 23 by factual_blue

I had just been thinking 'there's going to be more comes out for the Sunday papers'.....

It looks like a seriously smart media operation. Tell half the story, teasing out denials that are then easily disproved by the second half of the story. Clever.
Next installment of DC saga released on 22:55 - May 23 with 1557 viewsHerbivore

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:26 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

It was only a matter of time before the UK went the same way as the US. All the warning signs have been there.

I'm still not 100% convinced that the UK will let itself go full Trump. Admittedly we're not far behind but I hold out a slither of hope that we still have some standards here.

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:56 - May 23 with 1553 viewsSpruceMoose

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:55 - May 23 by Herbivore

I'm still not 100% convinced that the UK will let itself go full Trump. Admittedly we're not far behind but I hold out a slither of hope that we still have some standards here.

I hope to God you're right Herbie. Something drastic needs to happen to change direction though.

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:57 - May 23 with 1548 viewsHerbivore

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:54 - May 23 by linhdi

It looks like a seriously smart media operation. Tell half the story, teasing out denials that are then easily disproved by the second half of the story. Clever.

Indeed it does. They've played an absolute blinder, letting half the cabinet hang themselves in the process of exposing Cummings.

Next installment of DC saga released on 23:09 - May 23 with 1521 viewsElderGrizzly

I’m not so sure. They have such a huge majority and a 5 year term they simply don’t care.

As Cummings said himself again earlier, he doesn’t care what the public or media think
Next installment of DC saga released on 23:09 - May 23 with 1516 viewsHerbivore

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:56 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

I hope to God you're right Herbie. Something drastic needs to happen to change direction though.

I honestly think the way Covid-19 has shown this utter shower up for what many of us already knew they were will have a big impact. Even some of the hardest of hard right hacks are coming out in condemnation. Piers Morgan is now practically BFFs with Owen Jones. On the 'intellectual right' I think the hopes they may have had about Johnson and his cronies' worst excesses being reined in have been well and truly dashed. And the double standards on show will not play well in the former Labour heartlands that were tempted by Johnson over Brexit.

Next installment of DC saga released on 23:11 - May 23 with 1518 viewsElderGrizzly

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:26 - May 23 by SpruceMoose

As I mentioned earlier, it is no surprise as Bannon’s people are dotted throughout the Government team.

They know they are lying and have been caught, but are going for saying they aren’t enough times to hope someone believes it.

Mini-Trump is here
Next installment of DC saga released on 23:20 - May 23 with 1497 viewslowhouseblue

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:53 - May 23 by Herbivore

You're excited by attempts by the government to shut down scrutiny now?

"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

twit.

(that's a first for me on here. well done.)
[Post edited 23 May 2020 23:27]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Next installment of DC saga released on 23:24 - May 23 with 1488 viewslowhouseblue

Next installment of DC saga released on 22:21 - May 23 by monytowbray

But you can’t call it “fascism” yet I imagine.

so disagreeing with the guardian is fascism. ok.

Next installment of DC saga released on 23:32 - May 23 with 1468 viewsHerbivore

Next installment of DC saga released on 23:20 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

twit.

(that's a first for me on here. well done.)
[Post edited 23 May 2020 23:27]

Why did you change it from tw@t? Real lack of backbone shown in that edit.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 23:37]

Next installment of DC saga released on 23:38 - May 23 with 1447 viewslowhouseblue

Next installment of DC saga released on 23:32 - May 23 by Herbivore

Why did you change it from tw@t? Real lack of backbone shown in that edit.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 23:37]

on refection it felt it inappropriate.

Next installment of DC saga released on 23:39 - May 23 with 1444 viewsHerbivore

Next installment of DC saga released on 23:38 - May 23 by lowhouseblue

on refection it felt it inappropriate.

You should go with your gut.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024