Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next installment of DC saga released 19:40 - May 23 with 11890 viewsPablokuqi

I am looking forward to the next set of ministerial tweets

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dom
Next installment of DC saga released on 13:21 - May 24 with 931 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:18 - May 24 by monytowbray

My position is you seem to be intent on an argument with a div listed poster to defend lowhouse.

The rest of it were questions you asked off the back of me replying to you with my take.

Read the other thread. You seem to be avoiding that side of my posts over and over whilst insisting I’m swerving. Or even better, put me back on your div list?!

Are you really not willing to simply answer a direct request?

Wonder why....

Here's what I think.

I think you leapt in, got abusive, made all sorts of assertions. Then, you doubled down- but over time, during the course of these back and forth posts, you came to realise (when you were cahllenged to actually back things up) that the assumptions you had made and based your assertions on were hopelessly misconceived. Then you went into evasion and diversion mode.

As for lowhouse- I disagree with him vehemently on a number of things. In this thread though, I see him being accused of things by you- and then saying "hold on- I didnt say that" to which you get firstly agressive, then evasive. In precisely rhe same way you have done with me in the same thread.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:24]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:24 - May 24 with 921 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:20 - May 24 by monytowbray

10th May he was there.

How do you know this?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:25 - May 24 with 919 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:21 - May 24 by sparks

Are you really not willing to simply answer a direct request?

Wonder why....

Here's what I think.

I think you leapt in, got abusive, made all sorts of assertions. Then, you doubled down- but over time, during the course of these back and forth posts, you came to realise (when you were cahllenged to actually back things up) that the assumptions you had made and based your assertions on were hopelessly misconceived. Then you went into evasion and diversion mode.

As for lowhouse- I disagree with him vehemently on a number of things. In this thread though, I see him being accused of things by you- and then saying "hold on- I didnt say that" to which you get firstly agressive, then evasive. In precisely rhe same way you have done with me in the same thread.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:24]

I don’t think I make any assumptions about Lowhouse. He’s a Tory in denial always happy to help spread their message. I’ve said this for years.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:25 - May 24 with 918 viewsNewcyBlue

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:20 - May 24 by monytowbray

10th May he was there.

Was that the second or third?

Last night there were two Twitter users claiming to have seen Cummings yesterday.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:25 - May 24 with 918 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:25 - May 24 by monytowbray

I don’t think I make any assumptions about Lowhouse. He’s a Tory in denial always happy to help spread their message. I’ve said this for years.

I am right aren't I?

"Lets get to the crux of this. You appear to be coming at this from a passionately held view that I am somehow defending Cummings, supportive of him, or supportive of him and Boris (or perhaps him and the government generally. You appear to think that I say that Cummings has a valid defence here- or should not be criticised in the way he has.

Is that your belief? What do you think my position is on whether he should remain in a job? "
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:27]

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:27 - May 24 with 911 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:25 - May 24 by sparks

I am right aren't I?

"Lets get to the crux of this. You appear to be coming at this from a passionately held view that I am somehow defending Cummings, supportive of him, or supportive of him and Boris (or perhaps him and the government generally. You appear to think that I say that Cummings has a valid defence here- or should not be criticised in the way he has.

Is that your belief? What do you think my position is on whether he should remain in a job? "
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:27]

No. You are ignoring the context of Lowhouse’s history and the other thread.

If I got paid to argue on a football forum all day or at least got some satisfaction out of it I’d probably be more willing to present a case file.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:28 - May 24 with 907 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:25 - May 24 by NewcyBlue

Was that the second or third?

Last night there were two Twitter users claiming to have seen Cummings yesterday.

I’ve not seen this.

10th May was a third trip at the least.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:29 - May 24 with 904 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:27 - May 24 by monytowbray

No. You are ignoring the context of Lowhouse’s history and the other thread.

If I got paid to argue on a football forum all day or at least got some satisfaction out of it I’d probably be more willing to present a case file.

Whatabouttery. i am not talking about other threads.

Can you respond to a simple comment and let me know if I have got it wrong or right please?

" You appear to be coming at this from a passionately held view that I am somehow defending Cummings, supportive of him, or supportive of him and Boris (or perhaps him and the government generally. You appear to think that I say that Cummings has a valid defence here- or should not be criticised in the way he has.

Login to get fewer ads

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:32 - May 24 with 890 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:29 - May 24 by sparks

Whatabouttery. i am not talking about other threads.

Can you respond to a simple comment and let me know if I have got it wrong or right please?

" You appear to be coming at this from a passionately held view that I am somehow defending Cummings, supportive of him, or supportive of him and Boris (or perhaps him and the government generally. You appear to think that I say that Cummings has a valid defence here- or should not be criticised in the way he has.

Well there you go, if you want to be selective in evidence you’ve just proven yourself to be moving the goalposts.

I think Lowhouse is a neoliberal who does more favours for the Tory approach to running the country than he is aware but likes to wear a different coloured tie. This is not a new thing I have never said.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:33 - May 24 with 883 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:32 - May 24 by monytowbray

Well there you go, if you want to be selective in evidence you’ve just proven yourself to be moving the goalposts.

I think Lowhouse is a neoliberal who does more favours for the Tory approach to running the country than he is aware but likes to wear a different coloured tie. This is not a new thing I have never said.

Once again you are diverting- I am not really interested in Lowhouse. I have made a single comments, many many posts ago- and now commented again as you went back to that subject. I did so to highlight your similar behaviour.

Third time of asking:

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:35 - May 24 with 873 viewsNewcyBlue

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:28 - May 24 by monytowbray

I’ve not seen this.

10th May was a third trip at the least.

I’m mightily annoyed at Cummings.

I think he should be sacked and face the full extent of the law, for the transgressions that can be proven. Going to Durham on 31st March.

If it can be proven that he has been back since, then he should face the full extent of the law for this is as well.

I’ve asked my MP to actually do something about this too, and said I expect the MPs of the North East to be asking serious questions about the incident.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:37 - May 24 with 861 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:33 - May 24 by sparks

Once again you are diverting- I am not really interested in Lowhouse. I have made a single comments, many many posts ago- and now commented again as you went back to that subject. I did so to highlight your similar behaviour.

Third time of asking:

You unblocked me to talk about my discussion with Lowhouse. You went out of your way to defend him and have a pop at me.

Now it’s all about you? Jesus mate, make your mind up. When did this discussion become about you?

This screams of someone who’s ego is so out of whack they are desperate to be right about something to save face. That’s my only real opinion of you.

Not the first time I’ve posted this video your way either.

What I suggest is you go back to div listing me as I can’t even be arsed with this, I dread to think what other posters are thinking.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:40 - May 24 with 850 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:37 - May 24 by monytowbray

You unblocked me to talk about my discussion with Lowhouse. You went out of your way to defend him and have a pop at me.

Now it’s all about you? Jesus mate, make your mind up. When did this discussion become about you?

This screams of someone who’s ego is so out of whack they are desperate to be right about something to save face. That’s my only real opinion of you.

Not the first time I’ve posted this video your way either.

What I suggest is you go back to div listing me as I can’t even be arsed with this, I dread to think what other posters are thinking.

4th time of asking. Its very straightforward. And your evasion- is precisely why I concluded what I did. Namely that you leapt in accusing me of stuff, doubled down, realised you were wrong and then lacked the integrity to say so.

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:40 - May 24 with 847 viewsGlasgowBlue

Next installment of DC saga released on 11:28 - May 24 by WeWereZombies

Trouble is lowhouse could have, like a few kinder posters would have done. just posted a WHOOSH straightaway. He choose to string out his responses for his own enjoyment instead. And it is not as if most posters do not already know that Libero and Callis (and Brixton sometimes) can take comments a little too literally. It can be difficult to know sometimes where the self awareness deficit lies. And whether the outrage is faux or real.

[edit] I meant Herbivore, not Libero - who has just made one post in this thread, and probably the best one.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 12:14]

What exactly has Lowhouse posted that is wrong or unkind?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:42 - May 24 with 838 viewsGlasgowBlue

Next installment of DC saga released on 12:35 - May 24 by Herbivore

Oh bless.

Come on Herbie you are far too good a poster to be snapping around Callis’ ankles hoping to pick up a few scraps that may come your way.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:42 - May 24 with 833 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:40 - May 24 by sparks

4th time of asking. Its very straightforward. And your evasion- is precisely why I concluded what I did. Namely that you leapt in accusing me of stuff, doubled down, realised you were wrong and then lacked the integrity to say so.

When have I said your opinion is he should remain in the job? When has that been said? What your opinion is doesn’t concern me. You got involved in this. I didn’t call you out.

You’ve completely moved the goalposts.

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:44 - May 24 with 822 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:42 - May 24 by monytowbray

When have I said your opinion is he should remain in the job? When has that been said? What your opinion is doesn’t concern me. You got involved in this. I didn’t call you out.

You’ve completely moved the goalposts.

No- I have asked you whether something is your belief- because your comments appear to be from a position fuelled by such a belief.

Why not just answer?

Is that 5 or 6 times, I lose count...

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:47 - May 24 with 800 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:44 - May 24 by sparks

No- I have asked you whether something is your belief- because your comments appear to be from a position fuelled by such a belief.

Why not just answer?

Is that 5 or 6 times, I lose count...

It’s not my belief, but then again it was never the subject up for debate.

Second time I’ve answered that now.

Not had a row here in weeks, but now Sparks and Glassers are back, one erupts and I’m the problem 🤷‍♂️
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:48]

TWTD never forgets…

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:53 - May 24 with 770 viewssparks

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:47 - May 24 by monytowbray

It’s not my belief, but then again it was never the subject up for debate.

Second time I’ve answered that now.

Not had a row here in weeks, but now Sparks and Glassers are back, one erupts and I’m the problem 🤷‍♂️
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:48]

None of that is your belief? That may be the case now- I am afraid I very much doubt (but cannot know) that was the case, when you started your accusations.

Because without those inaccurate pre-suppositions, your reactions to my suggestion that the evidence on the 2nd trip hangs on eyewitnesses and could go wrong if its not backed up, make no sense at all. For saying that- you decided I was a "bootlicker".

I then asked what you were saying i was wrong about and had difficulty admitting. You wont answer.

You said you hoped I would apologise if there was more evidence of a thirs trip- when I had made no assertion about whether a third trip had happened or not.

All of these things only make sense if those presuppositions were in place.

If you had just been frank from the start when asked to explain, you wouldnt be here now...

I am now off to lay some concrete- so refrain from the usual dishonest "he swerved by not replying" nonsense please.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:55]

Next installment of DC saga released on 14:10 - May 24 with 713 viewsHerbivore

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:42 - May 24 by GlasgowBlue

Come on Herbie you are far too good a poster to be snapping around Callis’ ankles hoping to pick up a few scraps that may come your way.

I'm just playing with Sparks. He makes a big show of telling everyone he has me (and others) on his 'div list' and complains that I down arrow all of his posts (I don't, just those I strongly disagree with as I do with others) but then he seems to often know what I (and others) are posting and will sometimes weigh in. It's an odd approach and one that I find mildly amusing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next installment of DC saga released on 14:13 - May 24 with 705 viewsmonytowbray

Next installment of DC saga released on 13:53 - May 24 by sparks

None of that is your belief? That may be the case now- I am afraid I very much doubt (but cannot know) that was the case, when you started your accusations.

Because without those inaccurate pre-suppositions, your reactions to my suggestion that the evidence on the 2nd trip hangs on eyewitnesses and could go wrong if its not backed up, make no sense at all. For saying that- you decided I was a "bootlicker".

I then asked what you were saying i was wrong about and had difficulty admitting. You wont answer.

You said you hoped I would apologise if there was more evidence of a thirs trip- when I had made no assertion about whether a third trip had happened or not.

All of these things only make sense if those presuppositions were in place.

If you had just been frank from the start when asked to explain, you wouldnt be here now...

I am now off to lay some concrete- so refrain from the usual dishonest "he swerved by not replying" nonsense please.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 13:55]

So you don’t understand what “bootlicker” meant and you’re working with assumptions. Glad we cleared that one up.

Impressed you also manage to find context that isn’t there in my post whilst denying context that was there with Lowhouse.

My opinion hasn’t changed throughout. You just got so desperate to be right you had to find an angle to stick with when the Lowhouse sh1t didn’t stick to the wall. The sad news is this one hasn’t really stuck either.

Enjoy your concrete. In fact ask the concrete to sign up to TWTD, would probably be able to pitch a more worthwhile, constructive and honest argument.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 14:14]

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024