Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? 00:35 - May 29 with 9696 viewsGirthyguy

Just wondered if anyone has experienced anything that you just cannot logically explain. Whether it be ghosts etc. Just wondered if anyone had any tales to tell.
Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 18:23 - May 29 with 1188 viewshype313

One thing I don't get is why there only seems to be one era of Ghosts, essentially between the years of 1850-1900 ish, no one has ever claimed to see a caveman ghost.

That's the most bizarre activity I have seen.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 18:34 - May 29 with 1163 viewssparks

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 18:23 - May 29 by hype313

One thing I don't get is why there only seems to be one era of Ghosts, essentially between the years of 1850-1900 ish, no one has ever claimed to see a caveman ghost.

I get it.

Its because "ghosts" are probably driven by the human psyche and therefore reflect our expectations....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 18:38 - May 29 with 1160 viewsleitrimblue

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 18:34 - May 29 by sparks

I get it.

Its because "ghosts" are probably driven by the human psyche and therefore reflect our expectations....

Or your cave man ghost predominantly haunt caves so only caver's get to see um?
Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 19:20 - May 29 with 1136 viewsStokieBlue

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 18:23 - May 29 by hype313

I think it's because strange events are framed in whatever the reference is for the period.

Events before that were often cited as Demons and nowadays things are often cited as aliens.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 19:56 - May 29 with 1108 viewsDarth_Koont

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 17:04 - May 29 by Warkystache

Haunted by monks innit? The priory was. Mate had his wedding reception there years ago and swears blind he saw strange shapes and he hadn't even started drinking.

Fat bridesmaids.

Case closed.

Pronouns: He/Him

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 20:46 - May 29 with 1079 viewssparks

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 19:20 - May 29 by StokieBlue

I think it's because strange events are framed in whatever the reference is for the period.

Events before that were often cited as Demons and nowadays things are often cited as aliens.

SB

Indeed. Its like alien and UFO sightings started being saucers after that was popularised in literature and film.

Much like "near death" experiences, tend to reflect the religous and cultural background of the subject.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 21:08 - May 29 with 1067 viewsjeera

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 20:46 - May 29 by sparks

Indeed. Its like alien and UFO sightings started being saucers after that was popularised in literature and film.

Much like "near death" experiences, tend to reflect the religous and cultural background of the subject.

And then cigar shaped.

*Something about Bill Clinton's tenure*.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 22:07 - May 29 with 1036 viewsjeera

I used to go regularly to a psychic group when I was about 20 years old with a couple of friends. The girl and my best mate were into it so I didn't mind taking them.

It was held in the hosts' home and there were a dozen or so people.

I was surprised to find that the group consisted of some [locally] high profile characters. There was a doctor and his wife, a local business couple and a dj from Radio Orwell who were regulars along with the hosts made the core of the group.

I went along to Horley Church as a guest once and it was all a bit weird.

Lots of full-trance stuff.

To this day I have no idea what that was all about but remain convinced it was a load of bollox. Maybe self hypnosis of some sort through a strong sense of delusion.

Dunno.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 22:11]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 22:46 - May 29 with 1021 viewsJ2BLUE

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 20:46 - May 29 by sparks

There's quite a lot of UFO stuff out there. Lots report seeing triangular craft etc.

Not saying I believe it because I don't but frankly it's easier to believe in aliens coming to earth than it is to believe in god. Not that that's a massive endorsement...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 22:51 - May 29 with 1011 viewsStokieBlue

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 22:46 - May 29 by J2BLUE

There's quite a lot of UFO stuff out there. Lots report seeing triangular craft etc.

Not saying I believe it because I don't but frankly it's easier to believe in aliens coming to earth than it is to believe in god. Not that that's a massive endorsement...

The triangular craft spotting in numerous places (for instance Belgium in the 90s) are highly likely to be US stuff.

The B2 and F117 are vaguely triangular and were built in the 1970s. They haven't said what they have been doing in the 50 years since then. Not a huge leap to think they have something quite exotic flying about given the vast sums they spend on black projects.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 23:24 - May 29 with 974 viewsSpruceMoose

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 22:51 - May 29 by StokieBlue

The triangular craft spotting in numerous places (for instance Belgium in the 90s) are highly likely to be US stuff.

The B2 and F117 are vaguely triangular and were built in the 1970s. They haven't said what they have been doing in the 50 years since then. Not a huge leap to think they have something quite exotic flying about given the vast sums they spend on black projects.

SB

Exotic? Pineapple shaped planes is one of the more ridiculous conspiracies you've posted on here CiL, er... I mean... Stokie.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 01:41 - May 30 with 944 viewsClapham_Junction

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 16:51 - May 29 by J2BLUE

I think the mind is incredibly powerful. We only have to look at dreams to to see the unconscious mind is more powerful than the conscious mind.

When I was a kid I saw a Looney Tunes character walk across my room. I've never forgotten it. People who believe in ghosts would probably say something like it was a loved one coming to check up on me from the other side and taking a form that wouldn't scare me. I'm sure it was my imagination and being in a state somewhere between awake and asleep.

When I was about 13 or 14, what appeared to be a demon appeared in mid-air at the foot of my bed. I was completely unable to move and scared sh1tless for about five minutes until it disappeared and I was able to move again.

It was only several years later that I read about sleep paralysis and realised what it was. It's thought to be the source of many claims of paranormal activity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis#Cultural_significance_and_priming
Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 04:31 - May 30 with 919 viewstextbackup

I've never believed in any of this sort of stuff, always saying its utter bo11ocks etc....
however, 5/6 year ago we moved into our new house (have since moved on so can say address) we purchased the old rushmere falcon pub on playford road, had already been divided up from the pub and we purchased the middle section.... anyway, built in like 1830 I loved the fact it would have had plenty of stories to tell if the walls could talk...

wife mentioned a few times she felt a bit uneasy (believes in this ghostly stuff) I brushed it off until one evening we are sat watching tv, my little ones bikes was leaning up against the wall in the front room, doors all closed etc so no breeze. the angle of the bike meant the only way that was tipping is if someone pulled it towards them - and low and behold it fell into the middle of the room...... just sat open mouthed, and wife is looking at me to explain it away - "yeh, that's weird that, I cant explain"

on a separate occasion one of the kids plastic balls rolled across the middle of the room, only me in there (rest of family in bed)

and on many occasions the dog would get up quickly and dart across the room as if he'd been touched/spooked....

not the reason we moved I may add, however, things I cant possibly explain away

edit - had a mate round to do some electrical work in the house who brought his mate along, turns out this lad lived at the property when it was a pub, his dad was the landlord... anyway he came back a few months later to do some work and said "you met the old lady yet?" - turns out he and his family had experienced many activies, hearing plates smash and alsorts.... so wasn't just me
[Post edited 30 May 2020 4:41]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 06:39 - May 30 with 898 viewsmo_itfc

https://www.paranormaldatabase.com/

If you're interested in seeing a lost of loads of paranormal things, this is an interesting site!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Paranormal Activities. Have you ever experienced them? on 08:53 - May 30 with 868 viewshoppy

On several occasions I have, yes. Often the exact same thing as before. Complete bewilderment at what was going on. If I tried to explain and describe the situation I don’t think many people would believe it happening, but I’ve seen it with my own eyes and can only say it’s true, yet I have no way of explaining it logically. It hasn’t happened for a while now, to be fair. Still, will be some time before I’ll be back at Portman Road again.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024