Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monytowbray 14:36 - Jun 5 with 3435 viewsChutney

Has left the building I see. Through choice, I hope.

ATB Mony.
Monytowbray on 14:43 - Jun 5 with 2407 viewsSpruceMoose

Nope. Banned.

Bring him back I say.

His only crime was caring too much (and the out outburst of extreme abusiveness)!
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 14:43]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Monytowbray on 14:45 - Jun 5 with 2391 viewsJ2BLUE

Monytowbray on 14:43 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Nope. Banned.

Bring him back I say.

His only crime was caring too much (and the out outburst of extreme abusiveness)!

Banned? What happened?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Monytowbray on 14:49 - Jun 5 with 2375 viewsSpruceMoose

Monytowbray on 14:45 - Jun 5 by J2BLUE

Banned? What happened?

Couldn't say really. Persistent fouling? I was just told he was banned. I had noticed a few posters were picking all of his posts to pieces in the lead up to it though. You know, pushing those Callis buttons.

I've said this to Callis directly, we've had no end of run ins, but we see eye to eye on most things and his heart is in the right place, but maybe he needs to improve how he delivers his message at times (as we all do, as I certainly do).

If he's reading this, I hope he's doing alright.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 14:50]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Monytowbray on 14:53 - Jun 5 with 2332 viewsfooters

Monytowbray on 14:45 - Jun 5 by J2BLUE

Banned? What happened?

We weaponised him to start posting on WOTB.

(Only joking, callis)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Monytowbray on 14:56 - Jun 5 with 2314 viewsGirthyguy

Monytowbray on 14:49 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Couldn't say really. Persistent fouling? I was just told he was banned. I had noticed a few posters were picking all of his posts to pieces in the lead up to it though. You know, pushing those Callis buttons.

I've said this to Callis directly, we've had no end of run ins, but we see eye to eye on most things and his heart is in the right place, but maybe he needs to improve how he delivers his message at times (as we all do, as I certainly do).

Bring everyone back thats ever been banned I say.
Monytowbray on 14:56 - Jun 5 with 2319 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agreed on middle para. I think Callis' problem is that he refuses to accept someone else may have a different point, and then takes it too far and makes it personal. Bit of a dog with a bone sometimes.

It was persistent fouling, after receiving a yellow. Kind of stepped over the mark with one poster to be fair, leaving the ref with little choice. Shame, as his heart is in the right place (when not accusing people of being tvvats!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Monytowbray on 15:03 - Jun 5 with 2255 viewsDubtractor

Middle para is spot on.

I agree with a lot of what he says, but not the delivery at all. There are loads of posters on here I disagree with, but little to be gained by getting abusive with someone.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Monytowbray on 15:04 - Jun 5 with 2241 viewsjaykay

Monytowbray on 14:43 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Nope. Banned.

Bring him back I say.

yep .all the stick he took over veganism.they were queuing up to put the boot in. also several got upset when he dared to criticise the government handling of this virus, in march.
he stuck to his guns and was proved right in the end.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Monytowbray on 15:07 - Jun 5 with 2226 viewsHerbivore

Monytowbray on 15:03 - Jun 5 by Dubtractor

Middle para is spot on.

I agree with a lot of what he says, but not the delivery at all. There are loads of posters on here I disagree with, but little to be gained by getting abusive with someone.

SUQ.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Monytowbray on 15:08 - Jun 5 with 2219 viewsfooters

Monytowbray on 15:03 - Jun 5 by Dubtractor

Middle para is spot on.

Ditto. A lot to do with delivery, imo. It's a forum, not reddit or tw@tter or whatever. We can do without 'ok boomer', other stale memes and ThIs WeIrD nOnSeNse.

Monytowbray on 15:09 - Jun 5 with 2215 viewsDubtractor

Monytowbray on 15:07 - Jun 5 by Herbivore

SUQ.

SUYFC.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Monytowbray on 15:13 - Jun 5 with 2188 viewsLankHenners

"This"

And yeah, there were definitely a few posters who refused to engage with what he was saying purely because it was him and then kept poking until they got the response they wanted and went off to Phil about it.

The stupid thing about it was the poster who he was having an argument with previously had him on ignore and took him off only to deliberately get into an argument with him and then hit the 'report abuse' button when the inevitable happened.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Monytowbray on 15:13 - Jun 5 with 2183 viewsHerbivore

Monytowbray on 15:08 - Jun 5 by footers

Ditto. A lot to do with delivery, imo. It's a forum, not reddit or tw@tter or whatever. We can do without 'ok boomer', other stale memes and ThIs WeIrD nOnSeNse.

I do think callis struggles to differentiate between different social media platforms. He'd sometimes come on here ranting about something people had said on twitter or Facebook but would frame the post with an 'everyone is saying' kind of generalisation that instantly hit people's backs up. The demographic on here isn't the same as the one he interacts with on other platforms.

Monytowbray on 15:13 - Jun 5 with 2180 viewsLibero

Monytowbray on 14:56 - Jun 5 by Swansea_Blue

Agreed on middle para. I think Callis' problem is that he refuses to accept someone else may have a different point, and then takes it too far and makes it personal. Bit of a dog with a bone sometimes.

It was persistent fouling, after receiving a yellow. Kind of stepped over the mark with one poster to be fair, leaving the ref with little choice. Shame, as his heart is in the right place (when not accusing people of being tvvats!).

Unaware of the straw that broke the camels back but whatever happened, he's a really confusing and complicated bloke.

As most on the forum know I had some social dealings with him at one point, most of which were a minefield to negotiate.

I always used to feel a degree of similarity with him as we met via a mutual friend, both were in bands at the time, both supported Ipswich Town, both had a propensity to rub people up the wrong way/be exaggerative/be argumentative/both experienced varying degrees of mental health issues in our at the time young lives.
I came to realise that although there were similarities we were and are now even more so very different people.

He became really angry and resentful towards me on here in discussions where my views didn't 100% align with his or when I put it to him that the way he was delivering his message was poor.
In my view he really should have been banned after making spurious accusations about my personal life in retort to a discussion about veganism (ffs)
I wasn't so bothered really as I know what's, what, but my wife has friends and colleagues that read/post on the site, she was pretty upset.

I've actively avoided him on here since I started posting again as I didn't want to be within his gravitational pull but I obviously read all the nonsense.

Amongst other things, I don't think any form of social media really brings out the best in him.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 15:28]
Monytowbray on 15:14 - Jun 5 with 2160 viewsHerbivore

Monytowbray on 15:13 - Jun 5 by LankHenners

"This"

And yeah, there were definitely a few posters who refused to engage with what he was saying purely because it was him and then kept poking until they got the response they wanted and went off to Phil about it.

The stupid thing about it was the poster who he was having an argument with previously had him on ignore and took him off only to deliberately get into an argument with him and then hit the 'report abuse' button when the inevitable happened.

Sparks' gonna sparks.

Monytowbray on 15:17 - Jun 5 with 2130 viewsfooters

Monytowbray on 15:13 - Jun 5 by Libero

Unaware of the straw that broke the camels back but whatever happened, he's a really confusing and complicated bloke.

As most on the forum know I had some social dealings with him at one point, most of which were a minefield to negotiate.

I always used to feel a degree of similarity with him as we met via a mutual friend, both were in bands at the time, both supported Ipswich Town, both had a propensity to rub people up the wrong way/be exaggerative/be argumentative/both experienced varying degrees of mental health issues in our at the time young lives.
I came to realise that although there were similarities we were and are now even more so very different people.

He became really angry and resentful towards me on here in discussions where my views didn't 100% align with his or when I put it to him that the way he was delivering his message was poor.
In my view he really should have been banned after making spurious accusations about my personal life in retort to a discussion about veganism (ffs)
I wasn't so bothered really as I know what's, what, but my wife has friends and colleagues that read/post on the site, she was pretty upset.

I've actively avoided him on here since I started posting again as I didn't want to be within his gravitational pull but I obviously read all the nonsense.

Amongst other things, I don't think any form of social media really brings out the best in him.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 15:28]

Not playing five a side any more, Libby?

Monytowbray on 15:18 - Jun 5 with 2107 viewsNewcyBlue

I really don’t think it’s fair that the thread has turned into an analysis of his character.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Monytowbray on 15:20 - Jun 5 with 2089 viewsSpruceMoose

Monytowbray on 15:18 - Jun 5 by NewcyBlue

I really don’t think it’s fair that the thread has turned into an analysis of his character.

I think it's actually just a lot of posters saying that he's a genuinely decent guy whose passions get the better of him sometimes.

Not much of an analysis, but if it is, that's not a bad character analysis really..

Monytowbray on 15:26 - Jun 5 with 2048 viewsLibero

Monytowbray on 15:17 - Jun 5 by footers

Not playing five a side any more, Libby?

Noooooo, that's where it all really kicked off with his resentment towards me I think.

I gave him the chop from the group in the same manner we do any one that starts to become a bit of a hassle. He didn't take it at allllllll well, claimed it was a conspiracy and that no one had a problem with him and that it was just me being a pr1ck.

I should maybe have tried to talk to him about it, but if I'm being honest I didn't want to have to have the discussion and every year we chop at least 2/3 players in the same manner we did Callis and there's never an issue with it.
Many later come back if we're short a few player(s) and play again until the next time they have to melt out.

All that being said, I like(d?) Callis and hope everything goes smooth for him.
Monytowbray on 15:27 - Jun 5 with 2045 viewsNewcyBlue

Monytowbray on 15:20 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

I think it's actually just a lot of posters saying that he's a genuinely decent guy whose passions get the better of him sometimes.

Not much of an analysis, but if it is, that's not a bad character analysis really..

I think there’s an undertone of something else there too.

I don’t think it shows the forum in a good light. There’s a sense of “he’s a nice guy, but...”

Monytowbray on 15:27 - Jun 5 with 2038 viewsSwansea_Blue

Monytowbray on 15:18 - Jun 5 by NewcyBlue

That's true. I felt a bit uncomfortable posting.

fwiw, I'd like to see him back.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Monytowbray on 15:28 - Jun 5 with 2033 viewsJ2BLUE

I hope he comes back. We've had plenty of arguments over his delivery but like you say, he's pretty much always on the right side.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Monytowbray on 15:31 - Jun 5 with 2009 viewsjeera

Monytowbray on 15:27 - Jun 5 by NewcyBlue

I think there’s an undertone of something else there too.

I don’t think it shows the forum in a good light. There’s a sense of “he’s a nice guy, but...”

Wait till you go back to sea.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Monytowbray on 15:32 - Jun 5 with 1992 viewsfooters

Monytowbray on 15:31 - Jun 5 by jeera

The second he's out the door I'm gonna break Newcy's cistern.

Monytowbray on 15:33 - Jun 5 with 1988 viewsNewcyBlue

Monytowbray on 15:31 - Jun 5 by jeera

It’s the messages from J2 that I get when at sea which are really disturbing.

The photos are worse!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024