Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect for Marcus Rashford 10:14 - Jun 16 with 11876 viewsusm

Seems a nice, genuine fella, making very good points - I wish him and his causes well.

Just a couple of things - we do not know the circumstances but I wonder why his mum had 5 children that she could not afford, surely she'd have worked out after 2 or 3 that she couldn't afford any more. Many of us stopped having kids when we worked out how difficult it would be to bring them all up.

The other thing - he tweeted about people having their water disconnected - but apparently that is impossible.

As I said I wish him well, but these two things just jumped out at me.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:43 - Jun 17 with 879 viewsfooters

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:41 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

This is the thing that's making you lose faith in Johnson? Feeding kids in poverty? Have a word with yourself.

Giving underprivileged kids a good kicking is all the rage these days.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:15 - Jun 17 with 846 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:41 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

This is the thing that's making you lose faith in Johnson? Feeding kids in poverty? Have a word with yourself.

We elected a Conservative government with a huge majority ... that certainly wasn't so they start dolling out more welfare than even Comrade Corbyn would have done.

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:16 - Jun 17 with 842 viewsfooters

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:15 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

We elected a Conservative government with a huge majority ... that certainly wasn't so they start dolling out more welfare than even Comrade Corbyn would have done.

At a time of national crisis. Do you really think those less fortunate should be punished due to outside factors they can't help? They're hungry kids, ffs.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:16 - Jun 17 with 842 viewsHerbivore

'We' didn't, you did. Mad that of all the terrible things Johnson has said and done the one that makes you question him is feeding children in poverty. Genuinely, have a word with yourself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:18 - Jun 17 with 837 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:16 - Jun 17 by footers

At a time of national crisis. Do you really think those less fortunate should be punished due to outside factors they can't help? They're hungry kids, ffs.

All of this has to be paid for at some point. These kids wont thank him for it when they're paying exorbitant taxes for the rest of their lives to cover all we've spent in this period ...

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:19 - Jun 17 with 832 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:16 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

'We' didn't, you did. Mad that of all the terrible things Johnson has said and done the one that makes you question him is feeding children in poverty. Genuinely, have a word with yourself.

Setting a dangerous precedent ... this is not the role of the state.

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:20 - Jun 17 with 829 viewsfooters

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:18 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

All of this has to be paid for at some point. These kids wont thank him for it when they're paying exorbitant taxes for the rest of their lives to cover all we've spent in this period ...

You care about £120m for hungry kids and worry where the money's going to come from BUT you're also a staunch brexiteer. Lol. You couldn't make it up.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:21 - Jun 17 with 821 viewsHerbivore

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:19 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

The role of the state isn't to help to feed poor children? FFS. Have a fooking word with yourself. Only an utter kunt would take issue with the government helping to make sure kids don't go hungry.

Login to get fewer ads

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:22 - Jun 17 with 809 viewsHerbivore

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:20 - Jun 17 by footers

You care about £120m for hungry kids and worry where the money's going to come from BUT you're also a staunch brexiteer. Lol. You couldn't make it up.

Indeed. This is about the same cost as the Brexit advertising campaign in the lead up to 31st of October. Which is a better use of money? Honestly, this guy is a fecking berk.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:22 - Jun 17 with 809 viewsDubtractor

You hateful, cold hearted, tosser.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:22 - Jun 17 with 806 viewsleitrimblue

Feeding hungry children is a very dangerous precedent?
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:24 - Jun 17 with 795 viewsDubtractor

Surely looking after its people is the very thing the state should be doing?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:24 - Jun 17 with 792 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:21 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

The role of the state isn't to help to feed poor children? FFS. Have a fooking word with yourself. Only an utter kunt would take issue with the government helping to make sure kids don't go hungry.

They wont go hungry. If their parents were unemployed before corona their income is unaffected by the pandemic. If they were employed they will be covered by furlough payments ....

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:26 - Jun 17 with 785 viewsfooters

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:24 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

They wont go hungry. If their parents were unemployed before corona their income is unaffected by the pandemic. If they were employed they will be covered by furlough payments ....

They receive free food at school, you utter moron.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:28 - Jun 17 with 772 viewsHerbivore

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:24 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

You don't get it. Either you're trolling, in which case you're a tw@t for trolling about kids in poverty, or you genuinely believe poor kids shouldn't be fed by the government, in which case you're still a tw@t.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:29 - Jun 17 with 762 viewsDanTheMan

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:18 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

Speaking as one of those kids who has received help from the state, I don't think I mind paying a bit more.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:29 - Jun 17 with 759 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:26 - Jun 17 by footers

They receive free food at school, you utter moron.

Calm down and engage your brain for one second.
Free school meals have never been provided in holidays before. As I've explained losses to income have been protected by others means so this summer holiday is no different to last summer holiday for these people

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:31 - Jun 17 with 748 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:22 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

Wow

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:32 - Jun 17 with 742 viewsDubtractor

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:31 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

Wow

Convince me that I'm wrong.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:33 - Jun 17 with 738 viewsSpruceMoose

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:22 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

Like most other right wing nutters it's probably all projection. I reckon Paz lives at home, has been on welfare most of his life, and the highlight of his week is bath night with mother. Let's be honest, there's no way someone with his bitter, perpetually disappointed posting history has made much of themselves.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 14:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:34 - Jun 17 with 732 viewsDubtractor

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:29 - Jun 17 by DanTheMan

Speaking as one of those kids who has received help from the state, I don't think I mind paying a bit more.

Likewise, my family definitely relied on state support when I grew up in the 80s, free school meals being one of those things. I'm more than happy paying for others to be looked after now.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:35 - Jun 17 with 726 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:32 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

Convince me that I'm wrong.

I'm not saying this because I want to see children starving in the street. I'm saying this because the country is facing what will probably be the biggest economic crisis ever. I think providing these families with this money is doubling counting (i.e. they already get furlough or benefits money). Over the coming years we're going to learn that governments only have finite amounts of money, things like this is going to mean the coming cuts and tax rises bite even harder than is necessary.

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:36 - Jun 17 with 724 viewsSpruceMoose

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:34 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

Likewise, my family definitely relied on state support when I grew up in the 80s, free school meals being one of those things. I'm more than happy paying for others to be looked after now.

Free school meals club represent.

Wherever I live, tax me until my pips squeak, so long as it's put to good use.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:37 - Jun 17 with 715 viewsSpruceMoose

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:35 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

I'm not saying this because I want to see children starving in the street. I'm saying this because the country is facing what will probably be the biggest economic crisis ever. I think providing these families with this money is doubling counting (i.e. they already get furlough or benefits money). Over the coming years we're going to learn that governments only have finite amounts of money, things like this is going to mean the coming cuts and tax rises bite even harder than is necessary.

I think your opening line is a lie

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:38 - Jun 17 with 708 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:33 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Like most other right wing nutters it's probably all projection. I reckon Paz lives at home, has been on welfare most of his life, and the highlight of his week is bath night with mother. Let's be honest, there's no way someone with his bitter, perpetually disappointed posting history has made much of themselves.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 14:34]

Its none of your business what I do.
I own my own place and have never claimed any form of benefits.

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024