Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect for Marcus Rashford 10:14 - Jun 16 with 11918 viewsusm

Seems a nice, genuine fella, making very good points - I wish him and his causes well.

Just a couple of things - we do not know the circumstances but I wonder why his mum had 5 children that she could not afford, surely she'd have worked out after 2 or 3 that she couldn't afford any more. Many of us stopped having kids when we worked out how difficult it would be to bring them all up.

The other thing - he tweeted about people having their water disconnected - but apparently that is impossible.

As I said I wish him well, but these two things just jumped out at me.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:12 - Jun 17 with 1657 viewsDubtractor

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:09 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

I’m not going to be crying myself to sleep if that’s what you mean.
I know what’s coming when I post my views on here, if it upset me I’d just delete my account. As I’ve stated before I think that being aware that alternative views do exist doesn’t do some of you lot any harm...

In all seriousness, despite my original jibe, which I largely stick by, I agree with your last sentence there. Very easy to get stuck in a social media echo chamber, this place works best when there is mix of views, albeit the fact that some of those views are held by anyone is bloody depressing.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 21:16]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:19 - Jun 17 with 1645 viewsjeera

I know what’s coming when I post my views on here, if it upset me I’d just delete my account. As I’ve stated before I think that being aware that alternative views do exist doesn’t do some of you lot any harm...

"I’m not going to be crying myself to sleep if that’s what you mean".

Well no, that's because you don't have any compassion.

If you did, then you wouldn't repeat half the things that you do.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:21 - Jun 17 with 1642 viewsjeera

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:12 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

In all seriousness, despite my original jibe, which I largely stick by, I agree with your last sentence there. Very easy to get stuck in a social media echo chamber, this place works best when there is mix of views, albeit the fact that some of those views are held by anyone is bloody depressing.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 21:16]

Thing is, what are you supposed to do?

I tend to avoid pile-ins as it goes, one because it can get uncomfortable but also because usually most points have been made.

Every now and then though, someone will press the right buttons and let's face it, there are people who will post something just looking for a reaction regardless of the rights and wrongs.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:27 - Jun 17 with 1632 viewsDubtractor

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:21 - Jun 17 by jeera

Thing is, what are you supposed to do?

I tend to avoid pile-ins as it goes, one because it can get uncomfortable but also because usually most points have been made.

Every now and then though, someone will press the right buttons and let's face it, there are people who will post something just looking for a reaction regardless of the rights and wrongs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not moralising on the rights and wrongs of going on the offensive against someone, I'm as guilty as anyone on this thread given my initial post!

But the forum would be pretty dull if it was all us lefties agreeing with each other.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:28 - Jun 17 with 1621 viewsSpruceMoose

Oh don't worry. We already know that there are a vast number of you planks out there.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:30 - Jun 17 with 1626 viewsjeera

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:27 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

Don't get me wrong, I'm not moralising on the rights and wrongs of going on the offensive against someone, I'm as guilty as anyone on this thread given my initial post!

But the forum would be pretty dull if it was all us lefties agreeing with each other.

But the world might be a better place.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 23:45 - Jun 17 with 1570 viewsRyorry

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:30 - Jun 17 by jeera

But the world might be a better place.

It's some people's unwillingness or even refusal to learn that's so frustrating. Paz adamantly maintained that his main objection is the Govt. paying people (he alleges) "twice" - yet Giant Ulla, and maybe others that I've forgotten, pointed out very clearly to him that numerous parents have fallen through the safety net and were *not* furloughed or otherwise supported when Covid_19 caused them to lose their income. Does raise the question of whether he's simply trolling.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 00:03 - Jun 18 with 1558 viewsjeera

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 23:45 - Jun 17 by Ryorry

It's some people's unwillingness or even refusal to learn that's so frustrating. Paz adamantly maintained that his main objection is the Govt. paying people (he alleges) "twice" - yet Giant Ulla, and maybe others that I've forgotten, pointed out very clearly to him that numerous parents have fallen through the safety net and were *not* furloughed or otherwise supported when Covid_19 caused them to lose their income. Does raise the question of whether he's simply trolling.

The other basic point he seems to be missing is that on furlough you're losing 20% of your income.

For someone already struggling that's the difference between being able to pay a couple of bills per month. Or food on the table.

Coupled with the loss of school meals on top of that.

It really is a refusal to show any understanding or compassion for other people's situations and hardship.

Login to get fewer ads

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 00:50 - Jun 18 with 1527 viewsSpruceMoose

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 00:03 - Jun 18 by jeera

The other basic point he seems to be missing is that on furlough you're losing 20% of your income.

For someone already struggling that's the difference between being able to pay a couple of bills per month. Or food on the table.

It really is a refusal to show any understanding or compassion for other people's situations and hardship.

So to summarise, there are two options.

He's trolling and knows full well he's talking nonsense just to get a reaction out of people. Which makes him a knob.

Or he genuinely means what he says. Which also makes him a knob.

So, safe to say, the likelihood of Paz being a bit of a knob is high.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 00:55 - Jun 18 with 1529 viewsRyorry

Yep, well reminded. A furloughed friend in well paid job is struggling - separated so 2 households & a child to support, gets by in normal circumstances but the loss of 20% is the difference between head above/below the water.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 03:37 - Jun 18 with 1494 viewsNewcyBlue

He really is quite an incredible young man.

He learnt sign language so he could judge a childrens poetry competition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51747432

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 07:37 - Jun 18 with 1457 viewsvapour_trail

We’re topping up our furloughed staff to their full pay packet.

Appreciate that isn’t standard.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:05 - Jun 18 with 1433 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 23:45 - Jun 17 by Ryorry

A small percentage of people have fallen through the safety net ... a large percentage haven't. There must be a more targeted policy that can be applied just to those that have fallen through ...

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:06 - Jun 18 with 1423 views26_Paz

The 20% thing is a good point and one that I will admit I have overlooked ... I still think there could be a more focused way of helping those who have been affected by this though

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:13 - Jun 18 with 1415 viewskinnockers

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:06 - Jun 18 by 26_Paz

The 20% thing is a good point and one that I will admit I have overlooked ... I still think there could be a more focused way of helping those who have been affected by this though

Dont listen to the bully's mate Im right behind you 100%

Former leader of the Labour Party / Newsround Editor

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:37 - Jun 18 with 1383 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:13 - Jun 18 by kinnockers

I fear that is not the ringing endorsement you believe it to be.
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:42 - Jun 18 with 1371 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:13 - Jun 18 by kinnockers

Thanks mate

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:46 - Jun 18 with 1364 viewsDecageBruce

Just for my own piece of mind, and I obviously won't mention names, but are you my ITFC supporting mate who we get into these types of discussions regularly and was (unfortunate to us) pictured in the Sun this week thugging it down at the London protests?

If you aren't I would say that I should apologise but judging by your views and posts you can have my pity instead
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:18 - Jun 18 with 1334 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:46 - Jun 18 by DecageBruce

Just for my own piece of mind, and I obviously won't mention names, but are you my ITFC supporting mate who we get into these types of discussions regularly and was (unfortunate to us) pictured in the Sun this week thugging it down at the London protests?

If you aren't I would say that I should apologise but judging by your views and posts you can have my pity instead

No mate. I don't know you and I've never been to any protests nor featured in the sun (to my knowledge)

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 08:25 - Jun 19 with 1224 views26_Paz

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/money/parents-trying-buy-beer-scho
Just gonna leave this here

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 08:34 - Jun 19 with 1215 viewsreusersfreekicks

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 08:25 - Jun 19 by 26_Paz

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/money/parents-trying-buy-beer-scho

An asda worker told the Hull daily mail. Ffs that is a desperate and pathetic attempt to malign a decent policy. How bitter you must be
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 08:37 - Jun 19 with 1208 viewsGlasgowBlue

There will always be a small number of people in any walk of life, from any background who are utter scum.

That doesn’t mean that the majority who are desperately in need of these vouchers should be denied them Paz.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 08:40 - Jun 19 with 1204 viewsDanTheMan

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 08:37 - Jun 19 by GlasgowBlue

There will always be a small number of people in any walk of life, from any background who are utter scum.

That doesn’t mean that the majority who are desperately in need of these vouchers should be denied them Paz.

Indeed, just like I'm sure people are abusing the furlough system and the loan scheme.

People will abuse any system. Saying a scheme is bad because a minority take the piss doesn't help anyone, you just end up hurting those who are in desperate need.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 08:42 - Jun 19 with 1200 viewseireblue

Some people, try to avoid paying taxes, so maybe we should get rid of taxes for the whole group of people that those taxes apply to.

What that demonstrates, is the government should be doing more to help children, not less.
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 08:57 - Jun 19 with 1173 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 08:42 - Jun 19 by eireblue

Some people, try to avoid paying taxes, so maybe we should get rid of taxes for the whole group of people that those taxes apply to.

What that demonstrates, is the government should be doing more to help children, not less.

Or it demonstrates that some of these people do actually have enough money to buy food, they’d just rather spend it on booze

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024