Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect for Marcus Rashford 10:14 - Jun 16 with 11913 viewsusm

Seems a nice, genuine fella, making very good points - I wish him and his causes well.

Just a couple of things - we do not know the circumstances but I wonder why his mum had 5 children that she could not afford, surely she'd have worked out after 2 or 3 that she couldn't afford any more. Many of us stopped having kids when we worked out how difficult it would be to bring them all up.

The other thing - he tweeted about people having their water disconnected - but apparently that is impossible.

As I said I wish him well, but these two things just jumped out at me.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 12:45 - Jun 16 with 3118 viewsDarth_Koont

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 12:42 - Jun 16 by Bluefish

Nobody would talk to you in a pub

You'd be surprised. We find common ground pointing and laughing at you swearing into your pint..

Apparently, there really is more that connects us than separates us.

Pronouns: He/Him

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 12:50 - Jun 16 with 3107 viewsBluefish

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 12:45 - Jun 16 by Darth_Koont

You'd be surprised. We find common ground pointing and laughing at you swearing into your pint..

Apparently, there really is more that connects us than separates us.

It wasn't me. You wouldn't find me in Wetherspoons

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:25 - Jun 16 with 3067 viewsPendejo

Just because it is not legal to disconnect the water supply does not mean it does not happen, just that it is unlikely that one of the water companies would do it.

Rogue landlords on the other hand... May well use the tactic to apply pressure.

Wonder if this charming man would have used the tactic?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_van_Hoogstraten

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:34 - Jun 16 with 3006 viewsleitrimblue

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 12:50 - Jun 16 by Bluefish

It wasn't me. You wouldn't find me in Wetherspoons

Is that because you are transparent or really really really small? I have a friend who is a midget, impossible to find in a crowded bar
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:39 - Jun 16 with 2995 viewssparks

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:25 - Jun 16 by Pendejo

Just because it is not legal to disconnect the water supply does not mean it does not happen, just that it is unlikely that one of the water companies would do it.

Rogue landlords on the other hand... May well use the tactic to apply pressure.

Wonder if this charming man would have used the tactic?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_van_Hoogstraten

And landlord who does that is likely to find him or herself in serious difficulty.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:41 - Jun 16 with 2988 viewsBluefish

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:34 - Jun 16 by leitrimblue

Is that because you are transparent or really really really small? I have a friend who is a midget, impossible to find in a crowded bar

In my Newmarket days it was much easier to find people in a crowded bar because most of the people were tiny.

Particularly in Stanley's which is now the Wetherspoons.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:46 - Jun 16 with 2972 viewsleitrimblue

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:41 - Jun 16 by Bluefish

In my Newmarket days it was much easier to find people in a crowded bar because most of the people were tiny.

Particularly in Stanley's which is now the Wetherspoons.

I got to witness a mass jockey brawl in a Newmarket pub in the early 90,s. Was truly a site to behold
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:52 - Jun 16 with 2962 viewsBluefish

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:46 - Jun 16 by leitrimblue

I got to witness a mass jockey brawl in a Newmarket pub in the early 90,s. Was truly a site to behold

I spent quite a few year working in Deniros, many of them were absolutely mental. Combination of drugs and early mornings

Login to get fewer ads

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 20:36 - Jun 16 with 2879 viewsPendejo

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:39 - Jun 16 by sparks

And landlord who does that is likely to find him or herself in serious difficulty.

You'd hope so, but some people either don't know of their rights of too scared to take action.

I have known many illegal immigrants in London over last 30 years, but now many don't have jobs or access to public funds... Life is seriously tough

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 20:39 - Jun 16 with 2868 viewsfooters

You daft racist.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 23:41 - Jun 16 with 2803 viewsRyorry

For heaven's sake - a young man does something brilliant that'll help over a million kids, and all you can do is qualify it with an insulting, churlish comment about his mother's circumstances two decades ago?

Beggars belief.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 07:24 - Jun 17 with 2748 viewsgordon

Any views on white men who have a multitude of children with different women and don't bother to help look after them, or even acknowledge their existence?
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 08:55 - Jun 17 with 2708 viewsElephantintheRoom

Whist it is a victory of sorts for common sense and decency over heartless Tory policy, it is a bit like putting a sticking plaster on a burst artery - and a sign of the times that a high profile tweeting campaign from a committed 22 year old footballer is taken more seriously than direct communication to the PM from his own minister.

The real issue is that there is so much child poverty in this country - and to do something about it, rather than deliberately make it worse by destroying the welfare state. Hopefully the admirable Marcus Daniel Rashford will now pick up that dropped baton.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 09:17 - Jun 17 with 2678 viewstractordownsouth

I'd suggest if you're more angry about poor children getting £15 a week for a basic human resource than you are about Rees Mogg's company and others avoiding millions of pounds in tax then you have your priorities wrong

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:16 - Jun 17 with 2640 viewsusm

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 07:24 - Jun 17 by gordon

Any views on white men who have a multitude of children with different women and don't bother to help look after them, or even acknowledge their existence?

Yeah, the same views.

FOYSC

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:18 - Jun 17 with 2636 viewsfooters

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:16 - Jun 17 by usm

Yeah, the same views.

You're literally echoing Katie Hopkins. Let that sink in. You daft racist.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:30 - Jun 17 with 2605 viewsDubtractor

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 23:41 - Jun 16 by Ryorry

For heaven's sake - a young man does something brilliant that'll help over a million kids, and all you can do is qualify it with an insulting, churlish comment about his mother's circumstances two decades ago?

Beggars belief.

POTD.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:30 - Jun 17 with 2599 viewsHerbivore

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:16 - Jun 17 by usm

Yeah, the same views.

So why did you vote for Johnson then?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:43 - Jun 17 with 2569 viewsusm

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:30 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

So why did you vote for Johnson then?

I didnt, but never mind, you just keep making up assumptions about me.

FOYSC

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:57 - Jun 17 with 2543 viewstractordownsouth

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 10:43 - Jun 17 by usm

I didnt, but never mind, you just keep making up assumptions about me.

Good news for you, apparently Nige is bringing back the Brexit Party. He's lost his LBC income so he needs to go back to fleecing people.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 12:24 - Jun 17 with 2483 viewsCoco

Tell us, what else did Katie Hopkins have to say on it?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:04 - Jun 17 with 2447 views26_Paz

It shouldn't be the state's responsibility to feed people's children. The difficulty is once you give something its hard to take it back ... people need to be weaned off state interventions not encouraged onto it. Starting to lose faith in Boris, why bother with trivialities like elected governments when we can just let celebrities run the country via twitter.

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:08 - Jun 17 with 2439 viewsDarth_Koont

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:04 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

It shouldn't be the state's responsibility to feed people's children. The difficulty is once you give something its hard to take it back ... people need to be weaned off state interventions not encouraged onto it. Starting to lose faith in Boris, why bother with trivialities like elected governments when we can just let celebrities run the country via twitter.

Any evidence for that?

There is a stronger safety net in Scandinavia but fewer people stuck in long-term and generational dependence on welfare. It's when you scrimp on welfare and even create a working poor that you trap people and their kids.

And you should never have had any faith in Boris in the first place. No-one else does.

Pronouns: He/Him

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:40 - Jun 17 with 2406 viewsElephantintheRoom

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:08 - Jun 17 by Darth_Koont

Any evidence for that?

There is a stronger safety net in Scandinavia but fewer people stuck in long-term and generational dependence on welfare. It's when you scrimp on welfare and even create a working poor that you trap people and their kids.

And you should never have had any faith in Boris in the first place. No-one else does.

The rise and rise of food banks tends to support that view.

It's used, with some justification as an indication of the collapse in our welfare state.... but once something as basic as food is free it is difficult to rein in - and will of course increase exponentially.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:41 - Jun 17 with 2402 viewsHerbivore

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 13:04 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

This is the thing that's making you lose faith in Johnson? Feeding kids in poverty? Have a word with yourself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024