Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect for Marcus Rashford 10:14 - Jun 16 with 11886 viewsusm

Seems a nice, genuine fella, making very good points - I wish him and his causes well.

Just a couple of things - we do not know the circumstances but I wonder why his mum had 5 children that she could not afford, surely she'd have worked out after 2 or 3 that she couldn't afford any more. Many of us stopped having kids when we worked out how difficult it would be to bring them all up.

The other thing - he tweeted about people having their water disconnected - but apparently that is impossible.

As I said I wish him well, but these two things just jumped out at me.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:11 - Jun 17 with 1512 viewsgiant_stow

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:09 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

I think I specifically said I didn't want to leave starving kids to starve. I'll state my point again. The government has already made provision for these kids not to starve by paying their parents benefits and furlough payments hence I don't see why they need free school meals this summer more than any other summer

Lots of people havent been covered by furlough and the upshot of what you're saying (in the real world) is you're in favour of a policy that would indeed leave starving kids to starve.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:11 - Jun 17 with 1510 viewsSpruceMoose

I think I specifically said I didn't want to leave starving kids to starve. I'll state my point again. The government has already made provision for these kids not to starve by paying their parents benefits and furlough payments hence I don't see why they need free school meals this summer more than any other summer

That you don't see why only speaks to your utter developmental failure in becoming an empathetic and decent human being.

Personally, I blame the parents.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:15 - Jun 17 with 1485 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:11 - Jun 17 by giant_stow

Lots of people havent been covered by furlough and the upshot of what you're saying (in the real world) is you're in favour of a policy that would indeed leave starving kids to starve.

You're (not just you, the others as well) not listening so I'm not going to bother. Good day to you all.

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:17 - Jun 17 with 1479 viewsDubtractor

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:15 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

You're (not just you, the others as well) not listening so I'm not going to bother. Good day to you all.

Fair play, you're staying polite against a lot of stick here, but how you can't see the point here is pretty staggering.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:17 - Jun 17 with 1479 viewsfooters

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:38 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

Its none of your business what I do.
I own my own place and have never claimed any form of benefits.

Telescopic dampers or rigid stays?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:20 - Jun 17 with 1471 viewsSpruceMoose

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:17 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

Fair play, you're staying polite against a lot of stick here, but how you can't see the point here is pretty staggering.

You're a better man than me Dubbers. I'm sick of politeness being used as a fig leaf to provide cover for ugly beliefs and ideologies though.

"Look how reasonable I am! I'm being polite!"

Yes, but what you think and believe is the offensive thing here.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 15:22]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:20 - Jun 17 with 1472 viewsgiant_stow

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:15 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

I'm listenning, but disagreeing. You're right to be concerned about the future cost of all this state support, but you're completely wrong about where/when to make cuts and how much difference not spending this money would make.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 15:21]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:22 - Jun 17 with 1462 viewsCoachRob

That doesn't make sense - if the government is providing free meals, it is because it believes the assistance it is giving via benefits is not adequate enough. You are thinking like an economist, 'ceteris paribus' but evidently things are not the same.

Maybe try getting off those alt-right sites and join us 'lefty' scientists trying to make sense of the world.
Login to get fewer ads

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:28 - Jun 17 with 1440 viewsDarth_Koont

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:43 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

These forecasts will be wrong. I accept it will cost in the short and medium term but in 50 years from now I guarantee we'll be glad we left

50 years from now we'll be in an even bigger international trade and regulatory bloc. I guarantee it.

And probably the original EU at its core.

Pronouns: He/Him

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:35 - Jun 17 with 1429 viewsHerbivore

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:10 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

I am not scum. I just have a different view to you on the role of the state.

No, you're definitely scum. Only scum would be upset about vulnerable kids being given money for food.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:42 - Jun 17 with 1416 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:35 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

No, you're definitely scum. Only scum would be upset about vulnerable kids being given money for food.

I wouldn't say I was upset. I'm also not saying exactly what you say i am saying.
I'm saying the hungry kids you are referring to are already being given money for food so there is no need to continue providing free school meals through the summer.

The Paz Man

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:52 - Jun 17 with 1406 viewsjeera

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:42 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

I wouldn't say I was upset. I'm also not saying exactly what you say i am saying.
I'm saying the hungry kids you are referring to are already being given money for food so there is no need to continue providing free school meals through the summer.

Your views are so simplistic it's hardly surprising you expected 'more' from Johnson.

What you were expecting is anyone's guess as many on here spent months telling you otherwise.

Still, you have the arrogance to think you are making some point, despite getting it so wrong so often.

Several posters have explained to you, as usual. And as usual, not a single word has registered.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 16:01]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:54 - Jun 17 with 1397 viewsSpruceMoose

Girl, you basic.

No wonder you got a stiffy for Brexit.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 16:01 - Jun 17 with 1368 viewseastangliaisblue

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:40 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

Exiting the EU will save us money in the long term

To think, this is not even your most ridiculous post on this thread, says a lot!
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 16:41 - Jun 17 with 1319 viewsRyorry

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 14:35 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

I'm not saying this because I want to see children starving in the street. I'm saying this because the country is facing what will probably be the biggest economic crisis ever. I think providing these families with this money is doubling counting (i.e. they already get furlough or benefits money). Over the coming years we're going to learn that governments only have finite amounts of money, things like this is going to mean the coming cuts and tax rises bite even harder than is necessary.

OK, so since having a moral compass seems to be beyond you, try looking at it from the only point of view you seem to understand - balance sheets.

So - you shell out £120 million to feed 1.3 million (approx) kids a better diet than their parents would otherwise be able to afford. As one youngster on last night's 10pm TV news rather eloquently pointed out, that means he can eat at least one meal daily that will properly fill him up with good quality, slow burn food that will keep him going so he's not reaching for cheap junk food such as crisps or biscuits every hour.

That means he & the others are more likely to grow up healthier, be less of a strain on the NHS - less likely to have to attend GP's surgeries, obesity clinics, stroke clinics, undergo heart surgery etc etc. It also means that when they enter work as adults, they're more likely to be putting in more working days & generally contributing to the economy, rather than having days off & claiming SSP. I'm pretty damn sure that'would save a helluva lot more money overall than the comparatively slim cost of providing these kids with decent food during the hols

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 16:49 - Jun 17 with 1304 viewsHerbivore

What you're saying is a load of b0llocks though.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2020 16:50]

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 17:57 - Jun 17 with 1251 viewseireblue

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:10 - Jun 17 by 26_Paz

I am not scum. I just have a different view to you on the role of the state.

Having a different view, is not of itself, something that is worthy of respect.

Anybody can of course have a view that is scum worthy.
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 18:00 - Jun 17 with 1245 viewsDarth_Koont

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 17:57 - Jun 17 by eireblue

Having a different view, is not of itself, something that is worthy of respect.

Anybody can of course have a view that is scum worthy.

Indeed.

Norwich are different. Hitler was different. Jive Bunny was different.

Pronouns: He/Him

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 18:00 - Jun 17 with 1244 viewseireblue

Things must have changed.

In the past the Government never gave kids money.

Ii used to be similar to the NHS, the Government doesn’t give you money to get an operation, you just get an operation.

So do kids have to have a bank account, or do they get cash?
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 18:32 - Jun 17 with 1223 viewsmrshallisfit

Yea - I'm sure those two things did jump out at you. Those two things above all else. Shows quite clearly your view of the world. I bet when you saw the policeman compressing down onto a black mans neck your first thought was - bet he had been selling drugs or causing an affray. Oh well, it takes all sorts I suppose.
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 18:34 - Jun 17 with 1220 viewsmrshallisfit

Perhaps just a little upset though. Just a little....
Respect for Marcus Rashford on 20:43 - Jun 17 with 1187 viewsvapour_trail

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 15:17 - Jun 17 by Dubtractor

Agree with this.

It’s put me off sharing my views with the boy Paz, who I agree is pretty off point. The pile on vitriol is all a bit offputting.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 20:44 - Jun 17 with 1185 viewsjeera

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 20:43 - Jun 17 by vapour_trail

Agree with this.

It’s put me off sharing my views with the boy Paz, who I agree is pretty off point. The pile on vitriol is all a bit offputting.

He loves it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 20:52 - Jun 17 with 1174 viewsHerbivore

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 20:43 - Jun 17 by vapour_trail

Agree with this.

Thoroughly warranted.

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 21:09 - Jun 17 with 1148 views26_Paz

Respect for Marcus Rashford on 20:44 - Jun 17 by jeera

He loves it.

I’m not going to be crying myself to sleep if that’s what you mean.
I know what’s coming when I post my views on here, if it upset me I’d just delete my account. As I’ve stated before I think that being aware that alternative views do exist doesn’t do some of you lot any harm...

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024