Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? 23:16 - Jun 26 with 1372 viewsCoco

What do you recommend to boost energy and motivation? Mentally I want to get out there but suffering major enthusiasm fatigue.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 23:39 - Jun 26 with 1323 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The heat doesn't help. Just have to push yourself. Afraid I can't offer any more than that. Maybe think of a goal you are trying to achieve - e.g. lose weight/run 5k in less than 30 min/be able to keep up with the opponent in 5-a-side, etc!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 23:41 - Jun 26 with 1324 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Mentally I want to get out there but suffering major enthusiasm fatigue".

Eh? That's somewhat contradictory, shirley?

People usually say train with others to beat the blues.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 23:48 - Jun 26 with 1303 viewsjeera

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 23:41 - Jun 26 by Swansea_Blue

"People usually say train with others to beat the blues."

Or just turn up with ten of their team mates.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 00:01 - Jun 27 with 1284 viewsCoco

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 23:41 - Jun 26 by Swansea_Blue

Probably. Just suffering from cantbearsedism

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 00:30 - Jun 27 with 1265 viewsfactual_blue

I wish I could be bothered. Then I could post my running times and routes on social media in the mistaken belief that other people cared.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 00:55 - Jun 27 with 1248 viewsjeera

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 00:30 - Jun 27 by factual_blue

I wish I could be bothered. Then I could post my running times and routes on social media in the mistaken belief that other people cared.

You could do one of those sponsored walks up and down your garden.

Those seem to have gone down quite well.

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 01:05 - Jun 27 with 1242 viewsfactual_blue

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 00:55 - Jun 27 by jeera

You could do one of those sponsored walks up and down your garden.

Those seem to have gone down quite well.

I don't see why people should be sponsored for doing their hobby.

If you want to give to charity, then do so. As Frank Skinner put it, 'if I see a homeless person, I don't say to them 'give us a little dance then' before I give them some money'.

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 01:13 - Jun 27 with 1237 viewsjeera

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 01:05 - Jun 27 by factual_blue

If you want to give to charity, then do so. As Frank Skinner put it, 'if I see a homeless person, I don't say to them 'give us a little dance then' before I give them some money'.

I'm not sure that being homeless is a hobby and you certainly don't see too many people in that situation dancing.

I do recall a frog though, in a suitcase...

Login to get fewer ads

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 01:18 - Jun 27 with 1232 viewsfactual_blue

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 01:13 - Jun 27 by jeera

I'm not sure that being homeless is a hobby and you certainly don't see too many people in that situation dancing.

I do recall a frog though, in a suitcase...

I think that was Frank's point. Charity should be freely given without inducement or any reward other than knowing you've done the right thing.

Plus I've had too much New Zealand wine.

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 01:22 - Jun 27 with 1231 viewsjeera

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 01:18 - Jun 27 by factual_blue

I think that was Frank's point. Charity should be freely given without inducement or any reward other than knowing you've done the right thing.

Plus I've had too much New Zealand wine.

I've gone to all that bother to lever in the frog thing.

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 09:06 - Jun 27 with 1067 viewsCoco

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 01:05 - Jun 27 by factual_blue

But the person doing their hobby is not the charity they are raising more for a charity
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 9:32]

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 09:18 - Jun 27 with 1052 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The mirror

No on a serious note I think you need to find a way to not only enjoy whatever training you’re doing but look forward to it - making it a central part of the day etc. Whether that’s the training itself or just the fact that you’re getting away from others at home or having something to do

What that trigger is differs for everyone but if you can find it you’ll be set - getting to the point where you’re more annoyed at not being able to get out there for whatever reason is the holy grail

Ps. If any other advice is needed give BlueBadger a PM, he really enjoys helping people on this subject but make sure you tell him everything you do fitness wise and all your achievements etc

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 09:45 - Jun 27 with 1021 viewsNewcyBlue

I am enthusiastic enough, but sometimes need that little kick.

Bulk Powders do a very good pre workout that doesn’t taste like chemicals. I don’t drink coffee so the caffeine really hits me. It’s got Beta Alanine in it which gives this weird itchy sensation. But if you can live with that, it’s not too bad.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 09:47 - Jun 27 with 1016 viewsTractorWood

Mix it up. Go cycling when you are bored of running. Go wild swimming if you are bored of cycling etc etc.

Pick a national trail and try to complete it piecemeal or in one go. Lark Valley path, Stour Valley path, Peddars way etc etc.

If you are just going out for an aimless jog, it will get boring, because it is boring.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 9:48]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 09:50 - Jun 27 with 1001 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe think about the end results you are looking for.

Or set some targets.

Ultimately it's down to you, there's no short cuts.

The best way to make running enjoyable is to get 9 mates, a ball and a 5 a side football pitch!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 09:52 - Jun 27 with 1004 viewsBasuco

You need to get a routine going, so at a specific time on a specific day/days you "KNOW" you must go out, the first 5 minutes is always the worst for the demons in your head to say "no, don't do it today" and win. Treat your running, cycling, swimming or walking as a very important meeting that must be kept at all cost's, regardless of weather or how you feel.
Edit, use a mineral replacement drink during and after exercise like high 5 zero, or any with no carbs in, and a glass of protein drink or milk within 20 mins of finishing exercise, muscles absorb protein and it helps with recovery and repair.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2020 9:56]
Any runners or fitness fanatics on here? on 10:15 - Jun 27 with 976 viewsEwan_Oozami

A set of scales does it for me, that and the fact I've lots of decent clothes that fit me now, so don't want to be squeezing in those in the future.

Plus, from an early age, I've loved a bit of Battenberg cake, and biscuits, and cakes - if I didn't exercise, I'd look like Billy Bunter within 6 weeks - that has always been my motivation!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024