Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The SAGE / Government dispute 08:35 - Jul 17 with 2701 viewsgordon

that is bubbling up is pretty mind-boggling - Apparently SAGE decided a full lockdown was needed on the 13th March, but didn't tell the government until the 16th March.

Then for the next week they didn't speak up and let anyone know they'd come to this conclusion (it's basically come to light now), while lots of other epidemiologists who were arguing that the delay going in to lockdown was going to cost thousands of lives were being shouted down by the 'following the science' crowd.

Meanwhile, Matt Hancock is now saying that the lockdown started on the 16th March.

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:00 - Jul 17 with 838 viewsHerbivore

The SAGE / Government dispute on 11:57 - Jul 17 by Pinewoodblue

Sadly the government has, far too often, been willing to rely on people’s common sense mainly due to an inability to enforce compliance.

When we have the nannie state you crave things will be better.

Yes, it's either nanny state or unclear guidance. No possible middle ground there, no sir.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:12 - Jul 17 with 817 viewslowhouseblue

The SAGE / Government dispute on 11:44 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

Lockdown started on the 23rd of March, although officially the legislation came in on the 26th.

can't pretend nothing happened on 16th march.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/mar/16/boris-johnson-press-confer

the guardian on the day described it as 'hugely stringent new restrictions'.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:16 - Jul 17 with 811 viewsHerbivore

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:12 - Jul 17 by lowhouseblue

can't pretend nothing happened on 16th march.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/mar/16/boris-johnson-press-confer

the guardian on the day described it as 'hugely stringent new restrictions'.

Something happened, but it wasn't lockdown. I know you're now a full time apologist for this shambolic government but take a day off every now and then.

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:24 - Jul 17 with 803 viewslowhouseblue

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:16 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

Something happened, but it wasn't lockdown. I know you're now a full time apologist for this shambolic government but take a day off every now and then.

"hugely stringent new restrictions" the guardian

what an odd reaction to someone posting a link to the actual reporting on the day. that's how people saw it when it happened. facts can be scary can't they when you want to push a slanted version of history.

pretending that the first and only significant step was on 23rd march is an intentional distortion of history.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:29 - Jul 17 with 790 viewsHerbivore

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:24 - Jul 17 by lowhouseblue

what an odd reaction to someone posting a link to the actual reporting on the day. that's how people saw it when it happened. facts can be scary can't they when you want to push a slanted version of history.

pretending that the first and only significant step was on 23rd march is an intentional distortion of history.

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:34 - Jul 17 with 777 viewslowhouseblue

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:29 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

i've come to realise that that's your smiley for 'i have no answer'.

absolutely pathetic.

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:38 - Jul 17 with 772 viewsHerbivore

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:34 - Jul 17 by lowhouseblue

i've come to realise that that's your smiley for 'i have no answer'.

absolutely pathetic.

No, it's just all that your posts warrant these days. Keep drinking the Kool Aid and shouting at the pigeons.

The SAGE / Government dispute on 14:11 - Jul 17 with 719 viewsmonytowbray

The SAGE / Government dispute on 11:44 - Jul 17 by jaykay

i remember back at the start, you were called this

Yeah but bootlickers gonna lick boot.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

The SAGE / Government dispute on 14:12 - Jul 17 with 712 viewsmonytowbray

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:24 - Jul 17 by lowhouseblue

F*cking hell.

🤦‍♂️

TWTD never forgets…

The SAGE / Government dispute on 14:13 - Jul 17 with 706 viewsHerbivore

The SAGE / Government dispute on 14:12 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

F*cking hell.

🤦‍♂️

I know right. Sad to see.

The SAGE / Government dispute on 14:18 - Jul 17 with 702 viewsmonytowbray

The SAGE / Government dispute on 14:13 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

I know right. Sad to see.

NO, YOU’RE THE ONE REWRITING HISTORY.

Laughable stuff. Some of the self proclaimed “balance” folk on here have somehow made themselves look dumber and more ignorant than the right wing nutters on here this year. At least most of that lot have vanished well in the know they got it wrong and hid under a rock to save face.

Imagine debating the nuisance of our death toll and our p1ss poor performance? Imagine still buying the government lines that have gone full-1984 at this point?

Next they’ll be telling us they also operate heavy machinery with their family to test their eyesight too.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 14:19]

TWTD never forgets…

The SAGE / Government dispute on 14:24 - Jul 17 with 683 viewsmonytowbray

Side note: Didn’t that lot also claim it was Cummings who pushed for lockdown against SAGE advice? Seemed nonsense at the time and does so even more now.

Nothing authoritarian and worrying about that at all.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 14:26]

TWTD never forgets…

The SAGE / Government dispute on 14:48 - Jul 17 with 650 viewsEwan_Oozami

The SAGE / Government dispute on 14:18 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

NO, YOU’RE THE ONE REWRITING HISTORY.

Laughable stuff. Some of the self proclaimed “balance” folk on here have somehow made themselves look dumber and more ignorant than the right wing nutters on here this year. At least most of that lot have vanished well in the know they got it wrong and hid under a rock to save face.

Imagine debating the nuisance of our death toll and our p1ss poor performance? Imagine still buying the government lines that have gone full-1984 at this point?

Next they’ll be telling us they also operate heavy machinery with their family to test their eyesight too.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 14:19]

Maybe I need to view this in thread view, I'm getting confused now...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The SAGE / Government dispute on 15:01 - Jul 17 with 644 viewsmonytowbray

The SAGE / Government dispute on 14:48 - Jul 17 by Ewan_Oozami

Maybe I need to view this in thread view, I'm getting confused now...

I was parodying LickBootBlue with the first line :)

TWTD never forgets…

The SAGE / Government dispute on 16:00 - Jul 17 with 614 viewsEwan_Oozami

The SAGE / Government dispute on 15:01 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

I was parodying LickBootBlue with the first line :)

Ah I see! It's Friday afternoon - been a tough week!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The SAGE / Government dispute on 21:27 - Jul 17 with 566 viewsstonojnr

The SAGE / Government dispute on 11:44 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

Lockdown started on the 23rd of March, although officially the legislation came in on the 26th.

it depends what you call lockdown though, as they definitely issued the work from home & avoid all non essential contact advice/instruction on the 16th March, as that was the last day I worked from my normal office location. and they also said by that coming weekend theyd be asking people with the most serious health conditions to shield from social contact for around 12 weeks, as that impacted my parents, and we knew we were looking at 3months minimum of this.

they also said on the 16th avoid pubs/clubs/theatres etc, which the pubs went balistic about because it killed their trade which had been struggling already, instantly and they wanted the goverment to issue a closure notice, most thinking theyd be covered by their pandemic insurance...which of course it didnt...though that didnt happen till the 20th on the Friday roughly late afternoon when that decree to close down by 9:30pm as I know I finished work and went straight to the pub as it would be the last time I expected for the next 3 months to be able to drink in one, wasnt that far out on my expectation in the end.

so actually by the time lockdown "started" actually we were already in lockdown
The SAGE / Government dispute on 23:15 - Jul 17 with 542 viewsHerbivore

The SAGE / Government dispute on 21:27 - Jul 17 by stonojnr

it depends what you call lockdown though, as they definitely issued the work from home & avoid all non essential contact advice/instruction on the 16th March, as that was the last day I worked from my normal office location. and they also said by that coming weekend theyd be asking people with the most serious health conditions to shield from social contact for around 12 weeks, as that impacted my parents, and we knew we were looking at 3months minimum of this.

they also said on the 16th avoid pubs/clubs/theatres etc, which the pubs went balistic about because it killed their trade which had been struggling already, instantly and they wanted the goverment to issue a closure notice, most thinking theyd be covered by their pandemic insurance...which of course it didnt...though that didnt happen till the 20th on the Friday roughly late afternoon when that decree to close down by 9:30pm as I know I finished work and went straight to the pub as it would be the last time I expected for the next 3 months to be able to drink in one, wasnt that far out on my expectation in the end.

We really weren't. I remember Boris Johnson being asked about mother's day, which was the 22nd of March, and he said he hoped to see his mother. I'm assuming she's over 70 and had we been in lockdown she'd have been shielding and seeing her wouldn't have been an option. In fact once lockdown started we weren't meant to visit anyone. It was half hearted dribs and drabs of advice, which is what they've reverted back to since deciding to ease lockdown. And to be fair what we had here was never lockdown in the way it was on the continent.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 23:24]

The SAGE / Government dispute on 23:27 - Jul 17 with 538 viewsmonytowbray

The SAGE / Government dispute on 21:27 - Jul 17 by stonojnr

Said it himself.

If Dianne Abbot did that she’d have been ruined but it’s okay if it’s a white man in nice fresh shiny leather oxfords to chow down on.

TWTD never forgets…

The SAGE / Government dispute on 23:53 - Jul 17 with 517 viewssparks

The SAGE / Government dispute on 23:27 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Said it himself.

If Dianne Abbot did that she’d have been ruined but it’s okay if it’s a white man in nice fresh shiny leather oxfords to chow down on.

Don't be silly. Hancock has been persistently and rightly vilified for months.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The SAGE / Government dispute on 00:02 - Jul 18 with 508 viewsmonytowbray

The SAGE / Government dispute on 23:53 - Jul 17 by sparks

Don't be silly. Hancock has been persistently and rightly vilified for months.

Not by everyone.

TWTD never forgets…

The SAGE / Government dispute on 07:35 - Jul 18 with 442 viewssolomon

The SAGE / Government dispute on 12:00 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

Yes, it's either nanny state or unclear guidance. No possible middle ground there, no sir.

At this point we all just have to accept we are where we are. It’s sad and yes it’s not right and mistakes have been made. The worst thing is the problems are continuing to be made with increasing frequency by a prime minister woefully out of his depth. We seem to have an almost cult like hero worship of Boris in large swathes of the population , these are the people that will ultimately, with the rest of us, pay the highest price for his posturing and incompetence.

As a nation we have made this lockdown work, along with our NHS and our public services, our industries and other parts of the wider economy. We made it work not because of Boris but, at times, in spite of Boris.
The SAGE / Government dispute on 15:59 - Jul 20 with 372 viewsSwansea_Blue

Coming back to the OP, more evidence has come to light today of what happens to experts who dare to go against the grain of these truth twisters in government.

Dropped from the press conferences for voicing a professional opinion that the rules should apply to all and Cummings shouldn't be given a free pass. Oh, and Downing Street said she missed the meeting because she was stuck in traffic. It's just non-stop lies and nothing but full loyalty is tolerated, even when it's a literal matter of life and death.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024