Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... 16:58 - Jul 18 with 2904 viewsChrisd

Middlesboro still aren’t safe from relegation to L1 going into the last game of the season!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 17:01 - Jul 18 with 2337 viewsSwansea_Blue

I expected him to keep them up, even though I can’t stand him. He’s not a magician though - Boro are awful. Cardiff were glad to see the back of him though.

He’s not what we need.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 17:08 - Jul 18 with 2305 viewsBigalhunter

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 17:01 - Jul 18 by Swansea_Blue

I expected him to keep them up, even though I can’t stand him. He’s not a magician though - Boro are awful. Cardiff were glad to see the back of him though.

He’s not what we need.

Agree, he's not what we need long term.
However, he was just what we needed at the end of last year as it became crystal clear Lambert wasn't.
For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 17:11 - Jul 18 with 2270 viewsPJH

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 17:08 - Jul 18 by Bigalhunter

Agree, he's not what we need long term.
However, he was just what we needed at the end of last year as it became crystal clear Lambert wasn't.

Yes, he would have been good for us if he had come in then.
We might even have been playing in The Championship next season.
For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 17:20 - Jul 18 with 2252 viewsChrisd

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 17:01 - Jul 18 by Swansea_Blue

He’s not what we need.

Let’s be honest, Boro’s squad on paper is a darn sight better than our one from our last Championship campaign.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2020 17:31]

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 17:44 - Jul 18 with 2215 viewstractordownsouth

They're safe - WIgan are effectively 22nd on 46 points because of their -12 deduction. It just doesn't show up on the table yet.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 17:48 - Jul 18 with 2204 viewsChrisd

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 17:44 - Jul 18 by tractordownsouth

They're safe - WIgan are effectively 22nd on 46 points because of their -12 deduction. It just doesn't show up on the table yet.

I wouldn’t bank on it, we’ve all seen how the EFL are at making decisions.

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 18:44 - Jul 18 with 2125 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 19:04 - Jul 18 with 2100 viewstractordownsouth

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 18:44 - Jul 18 by BryanPlug

Not sure about that but he'd have got us up this season had we got him in just before the Lambert extension.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 19:58 - Jul 18 with 2028 viewsBlueBadger

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 18:44 - Jul 18 by BryanPlug

In all fairness myself and Sprucey would have made a better fist of keeping us up than Lambert did.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 20:19 - Jul 18 with 2001 viewsWarkystache

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 19:58 - Jul 18 by BlueBadger

In all fairness myself and Sprucey would have made a better fist of keeping us up than Lambert did.

With you as the physio and Sprucey as Chris Doig?

You still need a Hurst type. Shame MJH isn't around. He'd have been perfect.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 20:52 - Jul 18 with 1950 viewsitfcjoe

He’s not what we need.

He took a terrible Cardiff side to the PL, they may have been glad to see the back of him but it’s quite an ungrateful look if so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 20:58 - Jul 18 with 1931 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He’s not what we need.

We were about 5 times worse, certain individuals expected Lambert to be magical man though.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 10:44 - Jul 19 with 1759 viewsBlueBadger

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 19:04 - Jul 18 by tractordownsouth

Not sure about that but he'd have got us up this season had we got him in just before the Lambert extension.

I suspect he'd have at least had us finish above Bolton.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 10:58 - Jul 19 with 1709 viewsShawsey

He would have kept us up, or got us up at the first attempt. Take him over Lambert any day.
For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 11:43 - Jul 19 with 1657 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 20:58 - Jul 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

We were about 5 times worse, certain individuals expected Lambert to be magical man though.

People didn’t expect Lambert to be magical, they just expected him not to be a complete failure 2 seasons running

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 11:49 - Jul 19 with 1649 viewsPJH

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 20:58 - Jul 18 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don't think anyone would have needed to be all that magical to have got ITFC back in The Championship in 2019/20 with the squad of players that were available.

That is assuming that the person that was in charge in 2018/19 had not kept them in The Championship of course.
For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 12:36 - Jul 19 with 1602 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

They were level with the drop zone on GD when he took over and had averaged 1.08ppg

They’ve averaged 1.29ppg since he took over and are now 3 spots clear and look a pretty safe bet to stay up (guaranteed if Wigan are docked points)

He’s undoubtedly done a good job

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 12:40 - Jul 19 with 1594 viewsPJH

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 12:36 - Jul 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

They were level with the drop zone on GD when he took over and had averaged 1.08ppg

They’ve averaged 1.29ppg since he took over and are now 3 spots clear and look a pretty safe bet to stay up (guaranteed if Wigan are docked points)

Brought in to save them and it looks like he has saved them-job done.

Wish somebody had done that for us in 2018/19.
For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 13:16 - Jul 19 with 1519 viewsBryanPlug

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 20:19 - Jul 18 by Warkystache

With you as the physio and Sprucey as Chris Doig?

You still need a Hurst type. Shame MJH isn't around. He'd have been perfect.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 13:17 - Jul 19 with 1519 viewsChrisd

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 12:40 - Jul 19 by PJH

Brought in to save them and it looks like he has saved them-job done.

Wish somebody had done that for us in 2018/19.

Boro have a far better squad than what we had. There’s still a game to go and nothing has been finalised on Wigan’s situation just yet. Boro’ still have it all to do.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 13:26]

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 13:20 - Jul 19 with 1512 viewsChrisd

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 12:36 - Jul 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

They’re 2 points clear of the drop zone, not that much of an improvement. He’s done an ok job, have a look at Nathan Jones at Luton Town, that’s someone that’s done a good job.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 13:32]

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 13:58 - Jul 19 with 1464 viewsPJH

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 13:17 - Jul 19 by Chrisd

Boro have a far better squad than what we had. There’s still a game to go and nothing has been finalised on Wigan’s situation just yet. Boro’ still have it all to do.

I am not saying that it was a hugely difficult task at Mbro although it looked like they may well get relegated if they had not made a change.
A lot of people would probably have kept them up but they went for Neil Warnock and it looks like he has done it so,as I said in my other post,job done.

Saving us in 2018/19 was far more difficult although there was also far more time to do it and it was doable by the right person.
For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 14:26 - Jul 19 with 1441 viewsChrisd

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 13:58 - Jul 19 by PJH

I am not saying that it was a hugely difficult task at Mbro although it looked like they may well get relegated if they had not made a change.
A lot of people would probably have kept them up but they went for Neil Warnock and it looks like he has done it so,as I said in my other post,job done.

Saving us in 2018/19 was far more difficult although there was also far more time to do it and it was doable by the right person.

If Boro avoid relegation and finish 4th from bottom due to Wigan’s point deduction, I wouldn’t say that’s an impressive job especially with the quality of the squad he has available at the Riverside. I certainly take on board your point about us, but our squad was low on confidence, belief and quality. He probably would’ve done a better job than PL and I feel sure he’d have got better players in during that January transfer window that would’ve made us more competitive than we were.

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 15:26 - Jul 19 with 1400 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 13:20 - Jul 19 by Chrisd

They’re 2 points clear of the drop zone, not that much of an improvement. He’s done an ok job, have a look at Nathan Jones at Luton Town, that’s someone that’s done a good job.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2020 13:32]

The improvement is illustrated He’s managed them for 7 games and they’ve won 3. They had won 9 in 38 prior to him taking over

Luton have won 3 in 8 since Jones took over, and still sit in the drop zone (Wigan pending), albeit from a more desperate starting point

I think both have done good jobs - and even if you do think Jones has done a better job that doesn’t mean the other has done a bad one

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 15:28 - Jul 19 with 1398 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

For all those singing Neil Warnock’s praises... on 13:17 - Jul 19 by Chrisd

They don’t have it all to do, even if they lose their last game Luton, Charlton and Birmingham would all have to get results for them to go down (and Wigan not be docked points)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024