Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election 14:12 - Jul 30 with 4247 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53597975

Its started then

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:14 - Jul 30 with 2631 viewsLibero

There's no way that man is leaving the Whitehouse.
Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:16 - Jul 30 with 2617 viewsStokieBlue

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:14 - Jul 30 by Libero

Seal it up, leave him in there and disconnect the communications.

It's not the original one anyway.

SB
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 14:17]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:18 - Jul 30 with 2599 viewsDarth_Koont

Haha.

I hope he gets utterly humiliated in November. So much so that he'll become a cautionary tale warning against the next self-serving, self-promoting, sociopathic non-entity who wants to abuse democracy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:18 - Jul 30 with 2597 viewsgiant_stow

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:16 - Jul 30 by StokieBlue

SB

Does anyone know if he has the power to do this himself?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:18 - Jul 30 with 2592 viewsSpruceMoose

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:16 - Jul 30 by StokieBlue

SB

I'll tell you what is a great embarrassment to the USA. Having a rapist racist as President. And not for the first time either.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:19 - Jul 30 with 2580 viewsSpruceMoose

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:18 - Jul 30 by giant_stow

He does not. Ejection dates are a matter of Federal law. Any change in the date would mean legislation enacted by Congress, signed by the president and subject to challenge in the courts.

Additionally I just looked it up and "The Constitution mandates that the new Congress must be sworn in on Jan. 3, and that the new president’s term must begin on Jan. 20. Those dates cannot be changed just by the passage of normal legislation."

So unless Trump goes full on dictator AND gets the military on side, it's not happening.

Edit - obviously meant 'Election' but hopefully it'll be an ejection day too!
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 14:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:25 - Jul 30 with 2544 viewspointofblue

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:19 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

He does not. Ejection dates are a matter of Federal law. Any change in the date would mean legislation enacted by Congress, signed by the president and subject to challenge in the courts.

Additionally I just looked it up and "The Constitution mandates that the new Congress must be sworn in on Jan. 3, and that the new president’s term must begin on Jan. 20. Those dates cannot be changed just by the passage of normal legislation."

So unless Trump goes full on dictator AND gets the military on side, it's not happening.

Though the Republicans currently have a majority in Congress so presumably it’d be down to the courts to block it, with the case having to be heard before the administrative structure for the election is put into motion?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:26 - Jul 30 with 2539 viewsEJP

Is that the same Donald Trump who has previously voted by mail?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-ever-voted-by-mail/
Login to get fewer ads

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:28 - Jul 30 with 2517 viewsSpruceMoose

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:25 - Jul 30 by pointofblue

Though the Republicans currently have a majority in Congress so presumably it’d be down to the courts to block it, with the case having to be heard before the administrative structure for the election is put into motion?

I believe that legislation can't be enacted without approval of both the House and the Senate. They're equal bodies. Democrats hold the House majority.

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:30 - Jul 30 with 2500 viewsElderGrizzly

Called it 5 months ago.

He is going to position himself as the 'stability President' until it is safe to go out and vote.

Of course he is currently threatening states to try and force them to open up and send kids back to school. But yeah, it's not safe to vote...
Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:31 - Jul 30 with 2494 viewsSpruceMoose

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:14 - Jul 30 by Libero

I mean, this is real life and not a film. As nuts as the US is currently it's still some way off being a full blown Dictatorship.

There will be an election and Trump will hopefully lose. After that he will bitch and whine and salt the earth behind him but he will be gone come January. The real problem is what to do with his cult members long term.

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:32 - Jul 30 with 2485 viewsElderGrizzly

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:25 - Jul 30 by pointofblue

The danger is if RBG has to retire from the Supreme Court, it will swing 6-3 in his party's favour.
Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:32 - Jul 30 with 2486 viewslowhouseblue

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:18 - Jul 30 by giant_stow

you mean seal himself up in the white house and just refuse to leave. i honestly don't think that's at all impossible.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:32 - Jul 30 with 2483 viewsgiant_stow

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:19 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

Interesting ta,

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:33 - Jul 30 with 2472 viewsElderGrizzly

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:31 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

I mean, this is real life and not a film. As nuts as the US is currently it's still some way off being a full blown Dictatorship.

There will be an election and Trump will hopefully lose. After that he will bitch and whine and salt the earth behind him but he will be gone come January. The real problem is what to do with his cult members long term.

Agree. The period from November to January is going to see significant unrest if he loses, as he will happily gaslight his base to 'protest' against the unfair system.

If he loses, he has to lose bigly
Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:33 - Jul 30 with 2471 viewspointofblue

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:31 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

I presume this is the starting point for him to call the election illegal and ask for his supporters to stage mass protests if/when he loses?

ETA - thanks for the clarification regarding the Senate and Congress.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 14:34]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:34 - Jul 30 with 2467 viewsSpruceMoose

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:32 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

The danger is if RBG has to retire from the Supreme Court, it will swing 6-3 in his party's favour.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it wouldn't get to the courts anyway as legislation wouldn't be approved by the House. Obviously the Senate would wave it through but legislation requires the approval of both right?

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:35 - Jul 30 with 2458 viewsElderGrizzly

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:33 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

Agree. The period from November to January is going to see significant unrest if he loses, as he will happily gaslight his base to 'protest' against the unfair system.

If he loses, he has to lose bigly

Also the other side of this, is Trump does this to distract from something else.

USA is apparently going to announce it's biggest ever death toll from Covid19 today
Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:36 - Jul 30 with 2449 viewsElderGrizzly

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:34 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

Correct me if I'm wrong but it wouldn't get to the courts anyway as legislation wouldn't be approved by the House. Obviously the Senate would wave it through but legislation requires the approval of both right?

I'll admit i'm not up to date with all the legislation, but i'd a few articles earlier in the year where there was a path for him to delay due to a pandemic.
Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:36 - Jul 30 with 2447 viewsLibero

Call me crazy, but I'm convinced that he will still be president this time next year, by hook or by crook.
Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:37 - Jul 30 with 2447 viewsSpruceMoose

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:33 - Jul 30 by pointofblue

I presume this is the starting point for him to call the election illegal and ask for his supporters to stage mass protests if/when he loses?

ETA - thanks for the clarification regarding the Senate and Congress.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 14:34]

I don't think Trump thinks too deeply about anything. But I would expect him to do what he did during the Obama presidency. Scream and shout, wind up his cultists, undermine everything, advance conspiracy theories, spout racist nonsense.

So what he did as President really just without power. I think he will remain President of his cult though.

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:37 - Jul 30 with 2445 viewsOldsmoker

Trump is looking for other ways to stay in power because he now realises he might lose the election. I think his White House Yesmen have been feeding him false poll results to avoid putting him in a bad mood. I'm sure that if any of his campaign staff showed him a bad poll then he would dismiss the poll as fake news and also dismiss the messenger.
I still think the Martial law angle or getting the Supreme court to close the polls straight after Election day to stop mail-in voting being counted is where he'll try to steal the election.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:38 - Jul 30 with 2433 viewsLibero

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:37 - Jul 30 by Oldsmoker

Trump is looking for other ways to stay in power because he now realises he might lose the election. I think his White House Yesmen have been feeding him false poll results to avoid putting him in a bad mood. I'm sure that if any of his campaign staff showed him a bad poll then he would dismiss the poll as fake news and also dismiss the messenger.
I still think the Martial law angle or getting the Supreme court to close the polls straight after Election day to stop mail-in voting being counted is where he'll try to steal the election.

I wonder how easy it would be for Trump to whip up a bit of civil unrest...
Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:40 - Jul 30 with 2422 viewsOldsmoker

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:38 - Jul 30 by Libero

I wonder how easy it would be for Trump to whip up a bit of civil unrest...

He could sign an executive order to send Homeland Security forces into cities to rachet up dissent and disorder.
Oh hang on.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:41 - Jul 30 with 2418 viewsSpruceMoose

Donald Trump calls for delay to 2020 US presidential election on 14:36 - Jul 30 by Libero

Call me crazy, but I'm convinced that he will still be president this time next year, by hook or by crook.

Clearly I have a vested interest in hoping that's not true!

I just about have enough faith in certain Americans doing the right thing just about enough of the time that I can't see it happening.

I'm not sure Trump even wants to be President anymore anyway. Can't be much fun. If they were to offer him immunity from his crimes perhaps he'd be out of the door in a flash to live out his days rage tweeting from a guided toilet in Moscow.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024