Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Norwood 16:34 - Aug 3 with 18026 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just posted on social media a video of himself climbing onto his car, hanging from an upstairs window and pulling himself up (as he was locked out).

I bet the club would love to see their highest earner risk injury in this way.

He really is a silly boy!

RIP Sir Bobby

James Norwood on 12:06 - Aug 4 with 4416 viewsBrixtonBlue

James Norwood on 16:39 - Aug 3 by Herbivore

He seems like a knobhead.

I like him. Seems like a bit of a character. We could do with a few characters in our dull team.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

James Norwood on 12:10 - Aug 4 with 4406 viewsportmanking

James Norwood on 12:06 - Aug 4 by BrixtonBlue

I like him. Seems like a bit of a character. We could do with a few characters in our dull team.

There's characters and then there's outright attention seekers.

Initially I thought Norwood was in the former category but he's inched closer to the latter in the last six months for me.
James Norwood on 12:42 - Aug 4 with 4347 viewsMullet

James Norwood on 11:34 - Aug 4 by clive_baker

In his defence, we're talking about a bloke we signed on a free transfer from Tranmere and probably pay c. £5k a week. If you're looking purely at a return on investment he's not holding up too badly, and it's not really his fault that such a fanfare surrounded his arrival, on here and elsewhere. Yes he's probably a big earner relative to most of our squad, probably top 3, but he was a pretty low cost and low risk signing. Certainly compared to a Jackson who we spent £1.7m on, and scored less on a goals per game basis than Norwood did last season.

You made a valid point earlier around people's expectations and seeing Norwood as our main man. Its perhaps as a result of the history of this club, and the standards a number of our fans have come to expect, but really he's pretty much reflective of where we are, and ultimately you tend to get what you pay for in that market. FWIW I like both Jackson and Norwood for different reasons. I don't think we'll see either scoring regularly in the 2 top divisions any time soon but they're where we are at the moment, just handy L1 forwards who if kept fit, can certainly score us goals.

Sure, I don't particularly blame him or have strong feelings around him. It's just we've gone from Murphy, Waghorn, Garner et al. to this.

The bloke from the Bedsheet podcast reckons we outbid Hull and he's on closer to £8-10k but I can't see that beyond bonuses he won't have triggered.

It's pretty clear how badly Hurst spent and ruined the squad with Lambert tramping the dirt down this season. It's such a fall from grace that it beggar's belief and Norwood is one of the players who symbolise it unfortunately.

Until we start doing better it's going to weigh on these sorts of discussions.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

James Norwood on 12:43 - Aug 4 with 4344 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 12:06 - Aug 4 by BrixtonBlue

Generally when someone is described as being a bit of a character it tends to mean they're a bit of a knob.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

James Norwood on 12:44 - Aug 4 with 4341 viewsLibero

James Norwood on 12:43 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

Generally when someone is described as being a bit of a character it tends to mean they're a bit of a knob.

So that's why people say you're a character!
James Norwood on 12:51 - Aug 4 with 4321 viewsSamWhiteUK

James Norwood on 17:25 - Aug 3 by Wallingford_Boy

"so much" is there an amount you can follow someone?

I'll maybe turn down the following a notch or two!

Whoops, don't know how that happened.

Obviously meant to say don't follow him if it bothers you so much

But you know what I meant, I don't think you're that stupid, but your OP is doing a damn good impression....
James Norwood on 12:57 - Aug 4 with 4307 viewsWallingford_Boy

James Norwood on 12:51 - Aug 4 by SamWhiteUK

Whoops, don't know how that happened.

Obviously meant to say don't follow him if it bothers you so much

But you know what I meant, I don't think you're that stupid, but your OP is doing a damn good impression....

A little harsh fella!

But my post does seem to have divided the opinion.

In my eyes, acting like he does on social media is a bit silly.

He is a professional sportsman already with injury problems so climbing into an upstairs window like this may not go down well with his employers.

I'm not screaming for him to be sacked and think he offers plenty as a player, just a simple observation that this latest social media post may have not been wise.

I follow him as I like to see what Ipswich players are up to, you know, a round of golf, snippets from training, etc. Not to see him pissed up, or dismantling car park barriers or breaking into houses!

RIP Sir Bobby

James Norwood on 13:25 - Aug 4 with 4275 viewsSamWhiteUK

James Norwood on 12:57 - Aug 4 by Wallingford_Boy

A little harsh fella!

But my post does seem to have divided the opinion.

In my eyes, acting like he does on social media is a bit silly.

He is a professional sportsman already with injury problems so climbing into an upstairs window like this may not go down well with his employers.

I'm not screaming for him to be sacked and think he offers plenty as a player, just a simple observation that this latest social media post may have not been wise.

I follow him as I like to see what Ipswich players are up to, you know, a round of golf, snippets from training, etc. Not to see him pissed up, or dismantling car park barriers or breaking into houses!

Yeah, I do know what you mean. His videos from playing golf the other day with his mate were hilarious!
Login to get fewer ads

James Norwood on 14:13 - Aug 4 with 4231 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 12:44 - Aug 4 by Libero

So that's why people say you're a character!

No, people just call me a knob directly. I lack character.

James Norwood on 14:14 - Aug 4 with 4224 viewsBrixtonBlue

James Norwood on 12:43 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

I don't really care if he's scoring the goals that fire us to promotion. I don't know the bloke, and don't read twitbook.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

James Norwood on 14:19 - Aug 4 with 4208 viewsPJH

James Norwood on 14:14 - Aug 4 by BrixtonBlue

I don't really care if he's scoring the goals that fire us to promotion. I don't know the bloke, and don't read twitbook.

So you expect him to take a few more of his chances in 2020/21 then because missing chances at the rate he did last season will not be firing anyone to promotion.

Unless we make a hell of a lot more chances anyway.
James Norwood on 14:20 - Aug 4 with 4206 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood on 12:10 - Aug 4 by portmanking

There's characters and then there's outright attention seekers.

Initially I thought Norwood was in the former category but he's inched closer to the latter in the last six months for me.

Oh do me favour.

People on high horses judging other people off 10 second clips on Instagram.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

James Norwood on 14:21 - Aug 4 with 4198 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nobody knows the bloke on here, but many judging as if they do.

James Norwood on 14:22 - Aug 4 with 4188 viewsHerbivore

I also won't care if he's scoring the goals that fire us to promotion. He's not though, sadly. He's too busy going on the lash with Joey Barton.

James Norwood on 14:22 - Aug 4 with 4184 viewsportmanking

James Norwood on 14:20 - Aug 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

Oh do me favour.

People on high horses judging other people off 10 second clips on Instagram.

You don't film YOURSELF trying to climb into your own locked house if you don't want attention....
James Norwood on 14:23 - Aug 4 with 4173 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 14:21 - Aug 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

Nobody knows the bloke on here, but many judging as if they do.

You and Nors go way back I take it?

James Norwood on 14:25 - Aug 4 with 4164 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood on 14:23 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

You and Nors go way back I take it?

Never met the fella, hence I'm not passing judgement on him being 'a bit of a knob'. Presume you do on the evidence your posts though yeah?

James Norwood on 14:27 - Aug 4 with 4159 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood on 14:22 - Aug 4 by portmanking

You don't film YOURSELF trying to climb into your own locked house if you don't want attention....

Maybe he just thinks its a laugh, people are always trying to have a bit of fun on the socials. Its just when the old boredom police come along on their high horses passing judgement on people they don't know which makes me scratch me head.

Never mind.

James Norwood on 14:29 - Aug 4 with 4143 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 14:25 - Aug 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

Never met the fella, hence I'm not passing judgement on him being 'a bit of a knob'. Presume you do on the evidence your posts though yeah?

I don't know him personally, but I go on what I've seen and heard and on that basis I think he's a bit of a knob. If he conducted himself differently I wouldn't think he was a bit of a knob.

James Norwood on 14:31 - Aug 4 with 4131 viewsportmanking

James Norwood on 14:27 - Aug 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

Maybe he just thinks its a laugh, people are always trying to have a bit of fun on the socials. Its just when the old boredom police come along on their high horses passing judgement on people they don't know which makes me scratch me head.

Never mind.

Boredom police?

I just don't take too kindly to our top earner a) putting his body at risk in search of social 'likes' and b) generally acting like a student on Spring Break.
James Norwood on 14:32 - Aug 4 with 4131 viewsWallingford_Boy

James Norwood on 14:27 - Aug 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

Never mind.

Difference between you and I "having a laugh" and someone fortunate enough to be in his position having a laugh.

THATS the bit the simpletons on here seem to be missing!

RIP Sir Bobby

James Norwood on 14:34 - Aug 4 with 4123 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood on 14:29 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

I don't know him personally, but I go on what I've seen and heard and on that basis I think he's a bit of a knob. If he conducted himself differently I wouldn't think he was a bit of a knob.

You don't know him personally, that will do for me, I need say no more.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

James Norwood on 14:40 - Aug 4 with 4106 viewsHerbivore

James Norwood on 14:34 - Aug 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

You don't know him personally, that will do for me, I need say no more.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

So you don't hold any opinions about people you don't know personally? No opinions about any celebrity or politician or sportsperson? None? I find that very hard to believe.

James Norwood on 14:40 - Aug 4 with 4105 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood on 14:32 - Aug 4 by Wallingford_Boy

Difference between you and I "having a laugh" and someone fortunate enough to be in his position having a laugh.

THATS the bit the simpletons on here seem to be missing!

I can hear the high horses clattering in again.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 14:41]

James Norwood on 14:42 - Aug 4 with 4097 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood on 14:31 - Aug 4 by portmanking

Boredom police?

I just don't take too kindly to our top earner a) putting his body at risk in search of social 'likes' and b) generally acting like a student on Spring Break.

"I just don't take too kindly to our top earner", its a bloody good job you don't pay his wages then isn't it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024