Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad to start the season 10:35 - Aug 17 with 2894 viewsRobbie12345

Few controversial picks- really difficult to even fit players onto the bench. Be interested to see who others would pick.

Norwood

Sears, Bish, Lancaster

Downes, Huws

Ward, Wilson, Woolf, KVY

Cornell

Bench- Holy, Donacien (RB/LB cover), Skuse (CDM/CB), Nolan (CM/CAM) El Miz (CAM/LW/RW), Jackson (ST/LW/RW), Hawkins (ST)

Important squad players- Edwards, Kenlock, Chambers, McGavin

Send on loan- Nydam, Dobra, Wright,

Surplus- Judge, Nsiala, Dozzell, Cotter, Folami, Clements

Imo still weak at LCB and need another winger if Jackson is deemed unable to play LW/RW, but then some more would have to miss out of the squad altogether.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Squad to start the season on 10:40 - Aug 17 with 2864 viewsclive_baker

Wilson can do one, Chambers is significantly better.

I don't know much about Cornell, and I'm not completely sold on Holy, but it feels more likely that he's our #1 until Cornell can demonstrate otherwise.

I certainly wouldn't be sending Dobra out, I think he's got a role to play. Neither Judge nor Dozzell should be surplus IMO, both have a role.

My out list would consist of: Wilson, Donacien, Nsiala although that would leave us short defensively.

I think we might see a different Edwards this season, if he's deployed further forward. Felt a bit sorry for him last year, shoe horned in out of position. A right back he isn't but he might prove to have benefited from that. I really want to see him playing with confidence in attacking areas.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Squad to start the season on 10:46 - Aug 17 with 2837 viewsGarv

Edwards (depending on system) and Chambers will play most games I would imagine. Judge will also be in and around the team.

Dobra should be pushing for a starting place, not going out on loan. El Mizouni maybe, but if our midfield is still looking short on quality he may be in with a shout of minutes.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Squad to start the season on 10:50 - Aug 17 with 2815 viewsCokeIsKey

Can't pick Norwood, looks like he's in the South of France currently.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Squad to start the season on 11:03 - Aug 17 with 2774 viewsLibero

Teddy Bishop's back to full fitness next month.
Squad to start the season on 11:06 - Aug 17 with 2756 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think Nydam and Dobra should be kept around and should be featuring from the bench at least.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Squad to start the season on 11:08 - Aug 17 with 2745 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Squad to start the season on 10:40 - Aug 17 by clive_baker

Wilson can do one, Chambers is significantly better.

I don't know much about Cornell, and I'm not completely sold on Holy, but it feels more likely that he's our #1 until Cornell can demonstrate otherwise.

I certainly wouldn't be sending Dobra out, I think he's got a role to play. Neither Judge nor Dozzell should be surplus IMO, both have a role.

My out list would consist of: Wilson, Donacien, Nsiala although that would leave us short defensively.

I think we might see a different Edwards this season, if he's deployed further forward. Felt a bit sorry for him last year, shoe horned in out of position. A right back he isn't but he might prove to have benefited from that. I really want to see him playing with confidence in attacking areas.

Agree with all of that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Squad to start the season on 11:24 - Aug 17 with 2678 viewsSparky85

For me its:
Holy
KVY, Chambers, Woolf, Ward
Downes, Huws
Lankester, Judge, Jackson
Norwood

Subs - Cornell, Donacien, Skuse, Nolan, Sears, Edwards, Hawkins
Squad - Kenlock, Wilson, Dozzell, Dobs, El Miz
Out - Nsiala, Cotter, Folami, Bishop (Loan), Ndyam (Loan), Simpson (loan), Clements (loan) McGavin (loan)

Bish needs a year somewhere else. But I would still be nervous of getting rid permanently just in case he then realises potential. I'd maybe say the same for Dozzell

Edwards HAS to be used as the backup winger and pref left hand side

Loans for other youngsters to help them develop
Squad to start the season on 11:33 - Aug 17 with 2639 viewsLibero

........................................................1.Holy........................................................
.24.Vincent-Young.......4.Chambers.............6.Woolfenden............3.Ward.........
...............................21.Downes......................8.Skuse............................................
................9.Jackson...................14.Lankester...................20.Sears......
..................................................19.Hawkins...................................
Login to get fewer ads

Squad to start the season on 11:35 - Aug 17 with 2621 viewsKieran_Knows

Cornell
KVY Chambers Woolfenden Ward
Downes Skuse
Lankester Dobra Jackson
Norwood/Hawkins

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Squad to start the season on 11:37 - Aug 17 with 2618 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Squad to start the season on 11:35 - Aug 17 by Kieran_Knows

Cornell
Downes Skuse
Lankester Dobra Jackson
Norwood/Hawkins

Cant see why people are choosing Cornell when we haven't even seen him play for us.

Squad to start the season on 11:38 - Aug 17 with 2612 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Squad to start the season on 11:33 - Aug 17 by Libero

........................................................1.Holy........................................................
.24.Vincent-Young.......4.Chambers.............6.Woolfenden............3.Ward.........
...............................21.Downes......................8.Skuse............................................
................9.Jackson...................14.Lankester...................20.Sears......
..................................................19.Hawkins...................................

I think Lankester could be a revelation in the 10 role.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 11:38]

Squad to start the season on 11:41 - Aug 17 with 2591 viewsLibero

Squad to start the season on 11:38 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think Lankester could be a revelation in the 10 role.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 11:38]

I put him in my side tentatively as in reality we don't know who the player returning really is, but based on his previous performances he's a must in the side and would be great popping up between the lines, doubling up on players out wide, breaking lines dribbling and feeding off of Hawkins.
Squad to start the season on 11:43 - Aug 17 with 2572 viewsKieran_Knows

Squad to start the season on 11:37 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Cant see why people are choosing Cornell when we haven't even seen him play for us.

I think he'll be here as number 1, just my personal opinion.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Squad to start the season on 11:46 - Aug 17 with 2560 viewsportmanking

Holy
Downes Skuse/Huws
Jackson Judge Lankester
Norwood

Subs:

Cornell
Wilson
Sears
Dobra
El Mizouni
Hawkins
Bishop
[Post edited 17 Aug 2020 11:49]
Squad to start the season on 11:49 - Aug 17 with 2544 viewslazyblue

Wilson, you do realise he is no good?

Anybody that puts him before club captain has absolutely no idea.
Squad to start the season on 11:52 - Aug 17 with 2529 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Squad to start the season on 11:41 - Aug 17 by Libero

I put him in my side tentatively as in reality we don't know who the player returning really is, but based on his previous performances he's a must in the side and would be great popping up between the lines, doubling up on players out wide, breaking lines dribbling and feeding off of Hawkins.

Yes, we just have to hope that he's not lost too much due to his injury.

I think he played as a 10 in the youths a fair bit.

Squad to start the season on 12:00 - Aug 17 with 2492 viewsIpswichKnight

Holy
KVY Woolfy Chambers Ward
Downes Huws
Lankester El-Miz Jackson
Norwood

If we’re feeling really brave move El-Miz to we’re Huws is and playing Dobra in the 10
Squad to start the season on 12:08 - Aug 17 with 2462 viewsHerbivore

Squad to start the season on 12:00 - Aug 17 by IpswichKnight

Holy
KVY Woolfy Chambers Ward
Downes Huws
Lankester El-Miz Jackson
Norwood

If we’re feeling really brave move El-Miz to we’re Huws is and playing Dobra in the 10

This is the side I'd go for. El Miz can drop in and make a midfield three which gives us a bit more flexibility and a bit more defensive cover if needed and it essentially then becomes a 4-3-3.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Squad to start the season on 12:50 - Aug 17 with 2390 viewsFixed_It

Squad to start the season on 11:03 - Aug 17 by Libero

Teddy Bishop's back to full fitness next month.

Never fails to be amusing. No, really!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024