Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This forum has become really toxic 16:24 - Aug 31 with 7522 viewsreadtheleaguetable

And we need to get a grip. The debunked photogate followed by the debunked deletegate. A 4chan/QAnon mentality has taken over from reality-based discussion and argument. A ball has not been kicked in anger yet, but already this season is catastrophic, supposedly.
We know who the fifth columnists are who keep starting the destructive threads. If people would kindly refrain from responding to them, they’d all get bored and go away to undermine some other forum, and we could return to discussing non-hallucinatory topics grounded on some semblance of actuality.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

This forum has become really toxic on 11:00 - Sep 1 with 523 viewsPhilTWTD

This forum has become really toxic on 17:05 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

What this forum really needs is more threads from nobodies complaining about how terrible the forum is.

Readtheleague table has been around on here a lot longer than you! Not really the way to talk about other posters whether you agree with their posts or otherwise. As per the way the other poster was somewhat attacked last week, this sort of thing puts irregular/new posters off.

Initially put this post in the wrong place.
(No subject) on 11:09 - Sep 1 with 491 viewsPassionNotAnger

(No subject) on 19:39 - Aug 31 by BlueBadger

Well, it kind of matters that our manager who, despite arriving with a reputation as a man-manager and motivator, is not only failing to do that but might be doing actively the opposite.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 19:42]

If I may be so bold I find this quite odd to be honest.

Cards on the table - I'm a Col U fan (yes I know, one of about 10 etc etc) but equally being a long-term supporter of a small club does quite often mean you tend to get to know quite a few involved in the club over time (including staff and players)

The image that Lambert is a good man-manager and motivation is a total myth - Each club he's been at there has been multiple occasions when he's side-lined some decent players/pro's for no obvious reasons and been incredibly vindictive and nasty. - He done this as Col U on a couple of occasions, the most notable leading to 4 players being shunted out to play with the kids just before the Venus testimonial at your place several years ago. They were told (by Culverhouse as Lambert point blank refused to speak to them) and had to train separately from squad from that point on. There had been no arguments, no breach of club rules, no poor performances (it was pre-season) and they weren't on mega-money (by our standards) - he just decided he didn't like them and that was it. All of these players remained in the game, ultimately went to different clubs and have never had a problem with a manager since.

He did it at Wycombe, even at Norwich he initially fell out with Hoolahan (sic?) who only got back in squad through necessity, and I understand something more happened at Villa (leading I believe to Culverhouse being sacrificed and sacked)

Lambert only cares about Lambert - all laughing and joking with his favourites when results going his way but ruthless (in a cowardly way) when it's not. Always gets a deputy to dish out bad news (to players and media) but loves to stand in front when camera's are rolling.

I have quite a few Ipswich supporting mates and said this to them when he got appointed and thought you'd see the cracks in 18 months - it's taken a little longer but it follows a pattern wherever he's been (aside from when he got lucky with Norwich) I'd not posted on here at the time as thought my comments wouldn't be welcomed (probably still won't be) but he is toxic. On one of older message boards for Col U the swear filter was changed so than anyone typing in certain words were changed to be displayed as Lambert, and led to a chant still sung about Lambert is a "Lambert"

He got the Norwich job on the back of our 7-1 away win on the opening game of the season, got a diamond with Holt and got promotions - been living off what he achieved their ever since but there will be very few players at his previous clubs would contribute to his leaving collection but probably blew a few quid on the celebration party after the door shut!

For you sake he needs to go sooner rather than later before your players agents are successful in getting the moves quite a few will be craving
(No subject) on 12:16 - Sep 1 with 463 viewsSwansea_Blue

(No subject) on 11:09 - Sep 1 by PassionNotAnger

Cards on the table - I'm a Col U fan (yes I know, one of about 10 etc etc) but equally being a long-term supporter of a small club does quite often mean you tend to get to know quite a few involved in the club over time (including staff and players)

The image that Lambert is a good man-manager and motivation is a total myth - Each club he's been at there has been multiple occasions when he's side-lined some decent players/pro's for no obvious reasons and been incredibly vindictive and nasty. - He done this as Col U on a couple of occasions, the most notable leading to 4 players being shunted out to play with the kids just before the Venus testimonial at your place several years ago. They were told (by Culverhouse as Lambert point blank refused to speak to them) and had to train separately from squad from that point on. There had been no arguments, no breach of club rules, no poor performances (it was pre-season) and they weren't on mega-money (by our standards) - he just decided he didn't like them and that was it. All of these players remained in the game, ultimately went to different clubs and have never had a problem with a manager since.

He did it at Wycombe, even at Norwich he initially fell out with Hoolahan (sic?) who only got back in squad through necessity, and I understand something more happened at Villa (leading I believe to Culverhouse being sacrificed and sacked)

Lambert only cares about Lambert - all laughing and joking with his favourites when results going his way but ruthless (in a cowardly way) when it's not. Always gets a deputy to dish out bad news (to players and media) but loves to stand in front when camera's are rolling.

I have quite a few Ipswich supporting mates and said this to them when he got appointed and thought you'd see the cracks in 18 months - it's taken a little longer but it follows a pattern wherever he's been (aside from when he got lucky with Norwich) I'd not posted on here at the time as thought my comments wouldn't be welcomed (probably still won't be) but he is toxic. On one of older message boards for Col U the swear filter was changed so than anyone typing in certain words were changed to be displayed as Lambert, and led to a chant still sung about Lambert is a "Lambert"

He got the Norwich job on the back of our 7-1 away win on the opening game of the season, got a diamond with Holt and got promotions - been living off what he achieved their ever since but there will be very few players at his previous clubs would contribute to his leaving collection but probably blew a few quid on the celebration party after the door shut!

For you sake he needs to go sooner rather than later before your players agents are successful in getting the moves quite a few will be craving

Villa seem to hate him. All the family on my dad's side are Villa fans, and they think he destroyed the moral in the club with several stories very much along the lines of those you describe at Col.

I've seen nothing to suggest you're not spot on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

(No subject) on 12:27 - Sep 1 with 451 viewsitfcjoe

Spot on, I've heard a lot about what is going on behind the scenes from various sources and have posted a few times recently but it is as you describe.

The only difference back then was his assistants in Culverhouse and Karsa were/are clearly streets ahead of Taylor and Gill as football minds.

He doesn't even speak to the players, even when they walk down the corridor it is head down with a mutter of hello at best. If a mistake is made in training it's threats to send them back in and home. A fearful environment.

Luckily the squad is full of good eggs generally, if there were a few more in there of Norwood or Woolfie's mentality thinsg would be in absolute mutiny

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

(No subject) on 12:33 - Sep 1 with 437 viewshector_clifford

I think he has acted terribly towards Donacien in particular, and this has been fairly public, so I dread to think what goes on behind closed doors with other players and staff.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

(No subject) on 15:00 - Sep 1 with 370 viewsPassionNotAnger

(No subject) on 12:27 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

Spot on, I've heard a lot about what is going on behind the scenes from various sources and have posted a few times recently but it is as you describe.

The only difference back then was his assistants in Culverhouse and Karsa were/are clearly streets ahead of Taylor and Gill as football minds.

He doesn't even speak to the players, even when they walk down the corridor it is head down with a mutter of hello at best. If a mistake is made in training it's threats to send them back in and home. A fearful environment.

Luckily the squad is full of good eggs generally, if there were a few more in there of Norwood or Woolfie's mentality thinsg would be in absolute mutiny

Culverhouse was good but equally complicit with Lambert being a Lambert as he did his dirty work for him - was never really clear exactly what Karsa did when he was with Col U (other than whatever Lambert told him to do of course)

Was also told that Lambert used to watch training from afar (just about within shouting distance) and left everything to coaches unless he noticed something he didn't like at which point he'd shout and let his displeasure be known and storm off, quickly followed by one of the coaching minions to confirm what the horrendous crime was he witnessed and what punishment was to be bestowed upon the perpetrator. Not sure if that happened at subsequent clubs but I don't he suddenly got a work ethic and personality bypass so presume his current MO will be same/similar
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024