Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This forum has become really toxic 16:24 - Aug 31 with 7512 viewsreadtheleaguetable

And we need to get a grip. The debunked photogate followed by the debunked deletegate. A 4chan/QAnon mentality has taken over from reality-based discussion and argument. A ball has not been kicked in anger yet, but already this season is catastrophic, supposedly.
We know who the fifth columnists are who keep starting the destructive threads. If people would kindly refrain from responding to them, they’d all get bored and go away to undermine some other forum, and we could return to discussing non-hallucinatory topics grounded on some semblance of actuality.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

(No subject) on 19:39 - Aug 31 with 1563 viewsBlueBadger

"People's willingness to believe things about the current management team is"... on 19:33 - Aug 31 by jayessess

Does it matter if they are?

Well, it kind of matters that our manager who, despite arriving with a reputation as a man-manager and motivator, is not only failing to do that but might be doing actively the opposite.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 19:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This forum has become really toxic on 19:40 - Aug 31 with 1555 viewsBlueBadger

This forum has become really toxic on 19:38 - Aug 31 by readtheleaguetable

Been on here since the very very early days of TWTD. I haven’t posted for a while, granted. Have often started or joined conversational threads over the years and have hardly ever complained (about the forum, that is...sometimes have about the football.) I have refrained from engaging for a while, though, and just finally felt like saying why.

But you can see my point right, whining and bitching just adds to it and fixes nothing. Want a better community? Do your bit.

It's a bit like all those no-marks who turn up to complain about 'no football threads' that never actually start football threads.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This forum has become really toxic on 19:47 - Aug 31 with 1525 viewsreadtheleaguetable

This forum has become really toxic on 19:40 - Aug 31 by BlueBadger

But you can see my point right, whining and bitching just adds to it and fixes nothing. Want a better community? Do your bit.

It's a bit like all those no-marks who turn up to complain about 'no football threads' that never actually start football threads.

OK I do see your point, Mr BB. But maybe you can try to see mine. I have no problem with people complaining about ACTUAL things that have gone wrong at the club. I can’t abide people trying to make things worse by making sh - er - stuff up.

This forum has become really toxic on 19:57 - Aug 31 with 1507 viewsGaryCooper

This forum has become really toxic on 19:40 - Aug 31 by BlueBadger

'But you can see my point right, whining and bitching just adds to it and fixes nothing'

Complete disregard for self awareness 'there'.
This forum has become really toxic on 20:03 - Aug 31 with 1503 viewsgordon

For as long as I've been on TWTD there has been a steady trickle of these posts condemning the state of affairs here, not what it used to be, toxic environment these days, ruined by the cliques, hysterical whining etc. etc.

Fifth columnists is a new one, though, and I do like the juxtaposition of such a classical phrase with the very contemporary references to QAnon and 4chan.
This forum has become really toxic on 20:10 - Aug 31 with 1479 viewsreadtheleaguetable

This forum has become really toxic on 20:03 - Aug 31 by gordon

For as long as I've been on TWTD there has been a steady trickle of these posts condemning the state of affairs here, not what it used to be, toxic environment these days, ruined by the cliques, hysterical whining etc. etc.

Fifth columnists is a new one, though, and I do like the juxtaposition of such a classical phrase with the very contemporary references to QAnon and 4chan.

I have been around long enough to have generations worth of catchwords available for me to steal.

(No subject) on 20:17 - Aug 31 with 1469 viewsjayessess

(No subject) on 19:39 - Aug 31 by BlueBadger

Well, it kind of matters that our manager who, despite arriving with a reputation as a man-manager and motivator, is not only failing to do that but might be doing actively the opposite.

That our manager is useless we can all see on the pitch, week after week, we hardly need training ground gossip to confirm that.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

(No subject) on 20:26 - Aug 31 with 1450 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 19:39 - Aug 31 by BlueBadger

The only important evidence has been shown on the pitch already. Everyone surely agrees it's not been good enough.

This stuff smacks of trying to accelerate Lambert's departure. Which seems massively counter-productive at the very start of a season.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 20:28 - Aug 31 with 1446 viewsjayessess

(No subject) on 20:26 - Aug 31 by Darth_Koont

The only important evidence has been shown on the pitch already. Everyone surely agrees it's not been good enough.

This stuff smacks of trying to accelerate Lambert's departure. Which seems massively counter-productive at the very start of a season.

If we all know he's on borrowed time better now than after we've wasted 10-15 games, surely?

This forum has become really toxic on 20:32 - Aug 31 with 1435 viewsNotMarcusEvans

This forum has become really toxic on 20:03 - Aug 31 by gordon

"There are people who don't post on here anymore and it's all your fault"
(No subject) on 20:39 - Aug 31 with 1415 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 20:28 - Aug 31 by jayessess

If we all know he's on borrowed time better now than after we've wasted 10-15 games, surely?

Through decades of watching football I think the key to getting the right manager is changing the managers at the right time. Much less to do with the quality of the replacement.

After six months, I think it's silly to not let Lambert start the season. Or to give a new manager no time to change anything and then throw them straight into the season.

We're past that and it's time to see what Lambert's managed to do. As crap as his record is, he knows more about football management than anyone on this forum. So we can only go from his results.

This forum has become really toxic on 21:46 - Aug 31 with 1387 viewspatrickswell

If the forum has felt toxic, I would put a lot of that down to four things:

1) circumstances giving us 6 months to brood on the anti-climax of last season.
2) The L1 salary cap introducing a narrative where our first seasons at third tier level in 60 odd years heralding the moment when football decides to pull up the drawbridge on anyone outside the top 2 divisions. I don’t entirely buy the narrative though it is of a piece with our luck in recent years.
3) Pre-season featuring some heavy defeats against Premier League opposition albeit tempered by the team trying to play a consistent style but supplemented by a poor defeat at Cambridge with different players playing poorly. Context and nuance have been lost
4) Photogate coming about due to contradictory messaging from Lambert and co about developing and building around young players while apparently snubbing them and singling them out for surprising criticism.

Basically, we need the season to get underway in order to focus everyone’s minds on what actually is rather than on what it might be.
This forum has become really toxic on 22:01 - Aug 31 with 1363 viewsBlueBadger

This forum has become really toxic on 19:57 - Aug 31 by GaryCooper

'But you can see my point right, whining and bitching just adds to it and fixes nothing'

Complete disregard for self awareness 'there'.

Oh Gary.

Bless you.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 22:07]

This forum has become really toxic on 22:03 - Aug 31 with 1361 viewsBlueBadger

This forum has become really toxic on 19:47 - Aug 31 by readtheleaguetable

OK I do see your point, Mr BB. But maybe you can try to see mine. I have no problem with people complaining about ACTUAL things that have gone wrong at the club. I can’t abide people trying to make things worse by making sh - er - stuff up.

There goes any EADT preferential treatment for this season... by BlueBadger 29 Aug 2020 19:44
I'll be honest here, it's pretty obvious by now what my views on the current mangement of ITFC are but I think people really, REALLY, REALLY, , REALLY, REALLY need to stop over-analysing bland For The Press Bullsh1t.

This forum has become really toxic on 22:37 - Aug 31 with 1327 viewsreadtheleaguetable

This forum has become really toxic on 22:03 - Aug 31 by BlueBadger

There goes any EADT preferential treatment for this season... by BlueBadger 29 Aug 2020 19:44
I'll be honest here, it's pretty obvious by now what my views on the current mangement of ITFC are but I think people really, REALLY, REALLY, , REALLY, REALLY need to stop over-analysing bland For The Press Bullsh1t.

And on that we can agree. I was not associating you with the conspiracy theorists by the way. I know we can count on you to be better than that.

This forum has become really toxic on 08:49 - Sep 1 with 1231 viewsKropotkin123

"A ball has not been kicked in anger yet, but already this season is catastrophic, supposedly."

People's opinions of pre-season are set in the context of the previous two seasons. the last of which we got 25 points from our last 25 games. If ppg over that same period decided relegation then we would have only stayed up on goal difference.

The need to highlight this to someone called "readtheleaguetable" is not lost on me.

If we don't base our opinions within the context of past events, what alternative would you suggest?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 10:24]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

This forum has become really toxic on 09:13 - Sep 1 with 1193 viewsBlueandTruesince82

This forum has become really toxic on 17:07 - Aug 31 by Swailsey

What about my thread?

I’m almost a semi-somebody and I was having a pop at those threads?

What am I? Who am I anymore?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 17:07]

All threads matter

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

(No subject) on 09:16 - Sep 1 with 1187 viewsjayessess

(No subject) on 20:39 - Aug 31 by Darth_Koont

Through decades of watching football I think the key to getting the right manager is changing the managers at the right time. Much less to do with the quality of the replacement.

After six months, I think it's silly to not let Lambert start the season. Or to give a new manager no time to change anything and then throw them straight into the season.

We're past that and it's time to see what Lambert's managed to do. As crap as his record is, he knows more about football management than anyone on this forum. So we can only go from his results.

I can't see how any point mid-season is better than now.

(No subject) on 10:36 - Sep 1 with 1158 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 09:16 - Sep 1 by jayessess

I can't see how any point mid-season is better than now.

But as we get further away from the end of last season and close to the beginning of this one, then it becomes a much worse time. It becomes an increasingly uncertain time for a new manager coming in who's supposed to hit the ground running without knowing what he's dealing with.

There is, of course, a possibility that Lambert turns the team and his own performance around. Feels a long shot but things like sticking to a 433 in pre-season, and looking to bolster the forward options with a taller more physical striker, seem to suggest that he might have learnt a few things from last season's disappointment.

There will be rotation early given our short pre-season but I'm hoping that we quickly see a stable first-choice team and bench emerge quickly. Along with better results. If that doesn't happen and we go back to where we were in March then I'd have no problem changing managers.

(No subject) on 10:39 - Sep 1 with 1154 viewsjayessess

(No subject) on 10:36 - Sep 1 by Darth_Koont

But as we get further away from the end of last season and close to the beginning of this one, then it becomes a much worse time. It becomes an increasingly uncertain time for a new manager coming in who's supposed to hit the ground running without knowing what he's dealing with.

There is, of course, a possibility that Lambert turns the team and his own performance around. Feels a long shot but things like sticking to a 433 in pre-season, and looking to bolster the forward options with a taller more physical striker, seem to suggest that he might have learnt a few things from last season's disappointment.

There will be rotation early given our short pre-season but I'm hoping that we quickly see a stable first-choice team and bench emerge quickly. Along with better results. If that doesn't happen and we go back to where we were in March then I'd have no problem changing managers.

If you start mid-season you hit the ground with even less time to get up to speed though, surely?

(No subject) on 10:44 - Sep 1 with 1149 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 10:39 - Sep 1 by jayessess

If you start mid-season you hit the ground with even less time to get up to speed though, surely?

Debatable, I think.

If a new manager comes in after say 10 league games then he'll have a better idea of what he's dealing with. And probably easier to get the players onboard rather than the turmoil of a switch just as they're meant to be getting prepared for serious games.

This forum has become really toxic on 10:46 - Sep 1 with 1143 viewsjaseitfc2015

We got relegated because of Hillary Clinton & the illuminati
(No subject) on 10:49 - Sep 1 with 1140 viewsEwan_Oozami

(No subject) on 10:44 - Sep 1 by Darth_Koont

Debatable, I think.

If a new manager comes in after say 10 league games then he'll have a better idea of what he's dealing with. And probably easier to get the players onboard rather than the turmoil of a switch just as they're meant to be getting prepared for serious games.

Also, there are a lot of players out of contract next summer, if PL is sacked at the end of the season the new man won't have long to decide who to keep and who to let go - do we really want Lambert advising Evans on who should be kept on?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

This forum has become really toxic on 10:51 - Sep 1 with 1131 viewsKeno

This forum has become really toxic on 10:46 - Sep 1 by jaseitfc2015

We got relegated because of Hillary Clinton & the illuminati

sounds like the worse punk band ever

though probably not as bad as The Smiths

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

(No subject) on 10:54 - Sep 1 with 1126 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 10:49 - Sep 1 by Ewan_Oozami

Also, there are a lot of players out of contract next summer, if PL is sacked at the end of the season the new man won't have long to decide who to keep and who to let go - do we really want Lambert advising Evans on who should be kept on?

Agreed.

I think Lambert is running out of time and needs to show a marked improvement. Can't see him limping to the end of the season - although the parallels with Jewell and his second and third chances are worrying.

That also left us with an old, poor and expensive squad so nothing like that should ever be allowed to happen again. Personally, I think Lambert has a couple of months to prove himself and if not we need a new manager to save the season and, as you say, help us resolve the long-term squad issues.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024