Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This forum has become really toxic 16:24 - Aug 31 with 7520 viewsreadtheleaguetable

And we need to get a grip. The debunked photogate followed by the debunked deletegate. A 4chan/QAnon mentality has taken over from reality-based discussion and argument. A ball has not been kicked in anger yet, but already this season is catastrophic, supposedly.
We know who the fifth columnists are who keep starting the destructive threads. If people would kindly refrain from responding to them, they’d all get bored and go away to undermine some other forum, and we could return to discussing non-hallucinatory topics grounded on some semblance of actuality.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

This forum has become really toxic on 17:40 - Aug 31 with 1870 viewsSuperblue95

The forum is mostly fine.

If you don’t like it then don’t post, it’s pretty simple.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

This forum has become really toxic on 17:40 - Aug 31 with 1868 viewsPinewoodblue

This forum has become really toxic on 17:00 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve seen some pointless sentences on here in my time but I reckon this one is the new leader:

‘If people would kindly refrain from responding to them, they’d all get bored and go away to undermine some other forum, and we could return to discussing non-hallucinatory topics grounded on some semblance of actuality.’

Guess Readtheleague table wanted his original post to be ignored

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This forum has become really toxic on 17:40 - Aug 31 with 1865 viewsKeno

what was deletegate?

I think I missed that one

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This forum has become really toxic on 17:42 - Aug 31 with 1862 viewsMullet

This forum has become really toxic on 17:40 - Aug 31 by Keno

what was deletegate?

I think I missed that one

Got deleted mate.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This forum has become really toxic on 17:47 - Aug 31 with 1834 viewsKeno

This forum has become really toxic on 17:42 - Aug 31 by Mullet

Got deleted mate.

that's probably why I missed it

I always miss the good stuff

This forum has become really toxic on 17:52 - Aug 31 with 1818 viewsPinewoodblue

This forum has become really toxic on 17:47 - Aug 31 by Keno

that's probably why I missed it

I always miss the good stuff

Suppose he might be making reference to Woolfie deleting stuff from his instagram account.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This forum has become really toxic on 17:57 - Aug 31 with 1816 viewsDubtractor

I fully appreciate posters like Dolly, Fixers and Terry Nutkins trying maintain a positive outlook on the new season, even if I don't really agree with them, but trying to shut down forum discussion about the club - good or bad - because you don't agree with it?

That is just a bit odd, and those posts don't remotely make the forum toxic.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This forum has become really toxic on 18:00 - Aug 31 with 1804 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This forum has become really toxic on 17:05 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

What this forum really needs is more threads from nobodies complaining about how terrible the forum is.

In fairness, we’re all the exact same.

There’s no such thing as ‘somebodies’ and ‘nobodies’

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

This forum has become really toxic on 18:00 - Aug 31 with 1795 viewsHerbivore

This forum has become really toxic on 18:00 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

Sorry, who are you?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This forum has become really toxic on 18:01 - Aug 31 with 1795 viewsKeno

This forum has become really toxic on 17:52 - Aug 31 by Pinewoodblue

Suppose he might be making reference to Woolfie deleting stuff from his instagram account.

WHAT!!! Wollfie did WHAT!!!

why on earth did he do that?

Do you think he and Lambert have had a fall out or something?

This forum has become really toxic on 18:01 - Aug 31 with 1795 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

#readtheleaguetable
This forum has become really toxic on 18:01 - Aug 31 with 1796 viewsbluebud

This forum has become really toxic on 18:00 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

...he's always been a snob.
This forum has become really toxic on 18:02 - Aug 31 with 1788 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This forum has become really toxic on 18:00 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Sorry, who are you?

Good point

This forum has become really toxic on 18:03 - Aug 31 with 1783 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This forum has become really toxic on 18:01 - Aug 31 by bluebud

...he's always been a snob.

I personally don’t mind Herbie. Overall he’s fair which is all anyone can really ask for on an Internet forum - fairness.

This forum has become really toxic on 18:05 - Aug 31 with 1769 viewsHerbivore

This forum has become really toxic on 18:03 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

I personally don’t mind Herbie. Overall he’s fair which is all anyone can really ask for on an Internet forum - fairness.

Thanks, Rommers. Bluebud is not my biggest fan.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This forum has become really toxic on 18:17 - Aug 31 with 1749 viewsBlueBadger

Tell you what:

Start a thread.

An actual thread where we can talk about stuff rather than one set up to bitch and whine.

Like Dollers' thread about Foxes. Or TDS' one about Sunak? Or Coco's one about Kenny Dalgliesh? Hell even tart one about Paul Lambert. You know, actually bring something to the table.

Don't start whining about how 'toxic' the place is and do f*ck about it other than add to it.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 19:39]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This forum has become really toxic on 18:41 - Aug 31 with 1701 viewsTieDyedIn95

Debunked? It depends if you believe that the EADT or the club is telling the truth regarding the photoshoot.

May I remind you that when the support was at its most positive and united in recent years, we were then relegated with ease. Then last summer the 98% were sure we would go up.

We didn't.

What people write on forums has no bearing on the results on the pitch, otherwise we'd have been promoted back to the Premier League aeons ago.

You know what does have an effect on the results though? Have a Owner/Board with a solid plan and with excellent leadership skills along with the resources to back it up, the man running the club day to day also being an excellent leader, communicator and someone able to implement that plan alongside a great manager and coaching team, with arguably the best players in the league to pick from, backed up with a long vision and an A Grade academy for for purpose in 2020.

We have none of those things.

That's why we are in the third division and finished 11th after opponents refused to play and then capped our wages to stop us competitive further. This wasn't caused by people on forums pointing out the clubs a bit crap regularly, because it is, but by the club being a bit crap. Thats how this happens.

Hows that for a debunk?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

This forum has become really toxic on 19:08 - Aug 31 with 1666 viewsreadtheleaguetable

This forum has become really toxic on 17:33 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Haven't seen too many of those, mate. Just lots of no marks and skid marks moaning about how awful the forum is.

Haven’t seen many? I just read another one. The irony of people complaining about people complaining is always delicious !

This forum has become really toxic on 19:15 - Aug 31 with 1654 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This forum has become really toxic on 17:19 - Aug 31 by Swailsey

The only way that is a whoosh is if it relates to something posted on here earlier.

Apologies for neither being on all day nor trawling through and seeing it.

Or do I not understand whoosh and it simply means "I got it wrong but I will pretend I meant to"?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This forum has become really toxic on 19:17 - Aug 31 with 1650 viewsjayessess

People's willingness to believe things about the current management team is directly related to results they've produced. If the club didn't want to go into this season with everyone in a bad mood, they should have dismissed him, as every other club in the football league would have done.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

"People's willingness to believe things about the current management team is"... on 19:21 - Aug 31 with 1632 viewsBloots

This forum has become really toxic on 19:17 - Aug 31 by jayessess

People's willingness to believe things about the current management team is directly related to results they've produced. If the club didn't want to go into this season with everyone in a bad mood, they should have dismissed him, as every other club in the football league would have done.

....directly related to the fact they are true.

Accept it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

"People's willingness to believe things about the current management team is"... on 19:27 - Aug 31 with 1612 viewsBlueBadger

"People's willingness to believe things about the current management team is"... on 19:21 - Aug 31 by Bloots

Accept it.

Ah now, that whole 'Lambert limply relegated us and spunked a 12 game winning run to finish 11th by demoralising the team with endless, pointless rotation' stuff is just a fever dream.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This forum has become really toxic on 19:31 - Aug 31 with 1599 viewsBlueBadger

This forum has become really toxic on 17:33 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Haven't seen too many of those, mate. Just lots of no marks and skid marks moaning about how awful the forum is.

Usually when they've never contributed ANYTHING. Not a thread, not a point in a discussion, nothing. Just whined.

"People's willingness to believe things about the current management team is"... on 19:33 - Aug 31 with 1590 viewsjayessess

"People's willingness to believe things about the current management team is"... on 19:21 - Aug 31 by Bloots

Accept it.

Does it matter if they are?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This forum has become really toxic on 19:38 - Aug 31 with 1573 viewsreadtheleaguetable

This forum has become really toxic on 19:31 - Aug 31 by BlueBadger

Usually when they've never contributed ANYTHING. Not a thread, not a point in a discussion, nothing. Just whined.

Been on here since the very very early days of TWTD. I haven’t posted for a while, granted. Have often started or joined conversational threads over the years and have hardly ever complained (about the forum, that is...sometimes have about the football.) I have refrained from engaging for a while, though, and just finally felt like saying why.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024