Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... 10:50 - Sep 8 with 1325 viewsKieran_Knows

.. what we was doing with the ball.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 10:54 - Sep 8 with 1261 viewsMetal_Hacker

Nice bit of play that . I remember watching it Saturday and seeing that passage of play

The ball over his shoulder to Ward on the run was excellent .Would have had massive plaudits from that ball if Ward had managed to bury it in the back of the net

Here's hoping its going to be AD's season

Poll: If it were one or the other

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 10:55 - Sep 8 with 1252 viewsBluefish

The 2 main parts are the initial turn away from Dozzell and then the 1st time ball round the corner and over the top. Most of the rest of it is mundane easy triangles. Yes keep ball and passing is good but we have been doing that regularly under PRP but it lacks purpose. Keeping the ball is OK but you have to create as well

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 10:58 - Sep 8 with 1229 viewsKieran_Knows

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 10:55 - Sep 8 by Bluefish

The 2 main parts are the initial turn away from Dozzell and then the 1st time ball round the corner and over the top. Most of the rest of it is mundane easy triangles. Yes keep ball and passing is good but we have been doing that regularly under PRP but it lacks purpose. Keeping the ball is OK but you have to create as well

I get what your saying in the main, but when we've been used to aimless 50 yard punts down the right/left hand channels for the last 3/4 years, it's actually quite nice seeing us knock it about a bit, as simple as it is.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:03 - Sep 8 with 1210 viewsMetal_Hacker

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 10:58 - Sep 8 by Kieran_Knows

I get what your saying in the main, but when we've been used to aimless 50 yard punts down the right/left hand channels for the last 3/4 years, it's actually quite nice seeing us knock it about a bit, as simple as it is.

It also seems it's "knocking it about" with some purpose and with attack in mind not just "keep ball"

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:06 - Sep 8 with 1197 viewsLamby95

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 10:55 - Sep 8 by Bluefish

That's exactly why its important we can get at least 1 of Dozzell or Bishop in a midfield 3 if we are going to play this way. The only two players who at a flick of a switch can change the tempo or break the lines
For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:11 - Sep 8 with 1169 viewsBluefish

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:06 - Sep 8 by Lamby95

That's exactly why its important we can get at least 1 of Dozzell or Bishop in a midfield 3 if we are going to play this way. The only two players who at a flick of a switch can change the tempo or break the lines

Completely agree and as I posted I thought I should have mentioned Bishop. He vital with his ability to drop a shoulder in the most compact areas. Dozzell also gives us something extra with his vision.

El miz and lankester and dobra also add this.

We need these players in because it becomes 11 v 11 and a chess game otherwise
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 11:19]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:15 - Sep 8 with 1153 viewshomer_123

Yep - nice stuff but...not much closing down by Rovers there.

We've always been OK at creating against teams that give us time and space.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:16 - Sep 8 with 1140 viewsDyland

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:15 - Sep 8 by homer_123

Yep - nice stuff but...not much closing down by Rovers there.

We've always been OK at creating against teams that give us time and space.

I was skeptically thinking similar.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:20 - Sep 8 with 1113 viewsBrixtonBlue

The little back flick around 20" was class too. Get this man on the pitch and let him pull this league apart.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:59 - Sep 8 with 1009 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Very good to see wasn't it.

That ball from Dozzell, outstanding.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 12:54 - Sep 8 with 861 viewshaynes_toe1

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:59 - Sep 8 by TheTrueBlue1878

Very good to see wasn't it.

That ball from Dozzell, outstanding.

Nice but let's not go all OTT and call it outstanding. If a ball over the top is now outstanding i'm not sure where we go.
For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 13:02 - Sep 8 with 825 viewsMetal_Hacker

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 12:54 - Sep 8 by haynes_toe1

Nice but let's not go all OTT and call it outstanding. If a ball over the top is now outstanding i'm not sure where we go.

Sorry but I beg to differ.....he's partially facing the wrong way for a start . The presence of mind to see Ward out there and anticipate the ball back before actually hitting an inch perfect pass into Ward's stride...pretty special for me anyway

For the record I'm not a massive AD believer but credit where it's due

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 13:13 - Sep 8 with 782 viewsVic

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 11:16 - Sep 8 by Dyland

I was skeptically thinking similar.

So was I but didn’t like to poop the party!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 13:21 - Sep 8 with 761 viewsHerbivore

For 30 seconds here, we actually looked like we knew... on 13:02 - Sep 8 by Metal_Hacker

Sorry but I beg to differ.....he's partially facing the wrong way for a start . The presence of mind to see Ward out there and anticipate the ball back before actually hitting an inch perfect pass into Ward's stride...pretty special for me anyway

For the record I'm not a massive AD believer but credit where it's due

Yep. Anyone looking at that pass and labelling it just a ball over the top doesn't really know their footy for me. The weight of the pass, spotting the run, playing it blind under pressure. Takes a lot of ability to pick a pass like that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024