Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan 15:04 - Sep 10 with 3050 viewsMaySixth

no fit central defenders

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 15:18 - Sep 10 with 2583 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Looks like their RB Byrne is on his way to Derby today as well
Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 15:22 - Sep 10 with 2557 viewsHerbivore

Say hi to John for me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 15:23 - Sep 10 with 2564 viewshector_clifford

Paul Cook can definitely spot a player.
I can't believe how many of their players are being bought by clubs higher up the football pyramid.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 15:25 - Sep 10 with 2533 viewsWacko

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 15:23 - Sep 10 by hector_clifford

Paul Cook can definitely spot a player.
I can't believe how many of their players are being bought by clubs higher up the football pyramid.

They're a mid-table champ team that's why

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 15:33 - Sep 10 with 2497 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Ooft, as a second club Chesterfield fan, Sheridan is not good at all. What a situation the owners have plunged that club into.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:09 - Sep 10 with 2343 viewstractordownsouth

Situation must be pretty bad if Grayson's turned it down. His stock has fallen recently and there won't be many L1 clubs taking a punt on him.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:09 - Sep 10 with 2345 viewshector_clifford

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 15:25 - Sep 10 by Wacko

They're a mid-table champ team that's why

Is that a good thing then?
Because most people here weren't happy with us being a mid table championship team.
My point was about Cook. (Who made them the mid table championship team)

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:11 - Sep 10 with 2333 viewsCoco

Ipswich 0 - 4 Wigan

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:13 - Sep 10 with 2349 viewsPhilTWTD

Just spoke to a friend of mine who covers Waterford, where Sheridan recently became manager. He says tomorrow is expected to be his last game. Sheridan is based in the North-West so the move makes sense for him.
Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:14 - Sep 10 with 2312 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:11 - Sep 10 by Coco

Ipswich 0 - 4 Wigan

Sorry, I dont think that result has ever occurred.

#fakenews

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:15 - Sep 10 with 2302 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:13 - Sep 10 by PhilTWTD

Just spoke to a friend of mine who covers Waterford, where Sheridan recently became manager. He says tomorrow is expected to be his last game. Sheridan is based in the North-West so the move makes sense for him.

Former Oldham manager.

Talksport will be discussing this move for days! #judas

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:18 - Sep 10 with 2287 viewsWacko

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:09 - Sep 10 by hector_clifford

Because most people here weren't happy with us being a mid table championship team.

I know. It was your use of the phrase 'higher up the football pyramid'.

And in answer to your first and second points, progression is a good thing, stagnation isn't

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:19 - Sep 10 with 2291 viewstractordownsouth

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:15 - Sep 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Former Oldham manager.

Talksport will be discussing this move for days! #judas

He's had decent jobs before, but he seems to have no loyalty whatsoever. He hopped from Newport to Oldham, then to Notts County and back to Oldham within the space of a year. Then he ditched Carlisle for Chesterfield shortly after.

He's the dictionary definition of a journeyman, but it must be hard to turn down Wigan when you're managing in the Irish League - even in the state they're in.

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:20 - Sep 10 with 2276 viewsCoco

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:14 - Sep 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

#fakenews

would be ultimate 'banter era' result.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:22 - Sep 10 with 2262 viewshector_clifford

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:18 - Sep 10 by Wacko

I know. It was your use of the phrase 'higher up the football pyramid'.

And in answer to your first and second points, progression is a good thing, stagnation isn't

Yes but regression isn't better than stagnation.

Football pyramid is the wrong term then, but better championship clubs and even premier league clubs are buying their players.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 16:26]

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:31 - Sep 10 with 2201 viewsITFC_Forever

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:14 - Sep 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

#fakenews

At the risk of a whoosh, Wigan did indeed beat us by that scoreline in the League Cup a few years ago (featuring Titus Bramble in their side).

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:40 - Sep 10 with 2148 viewsWacko

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:22 - Sep 10 by hector_clifford

Yes but regression isn't better than stagnation.

Football pyramid is the wrong term then, but better championship clubs and even premier league clubs are buying their players.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 16:26]

It could be. Plenty of teams regressed and then progressed within our ~18 year stagnation period. It's good to take a risk some times. It's just a shame we have an owner incapable of putting any thought into his decisions

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:40 - Sep 10 with 2149 viewspatrickswell

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:31 - Sep 10 by ITFC_Forever

At the risk of a whoosh, Wigan did indeed beat us by that scoreline in the League Cup a few years ago (featuring Titus Bramble in their side).

Pedant alert - it was actually 4-1.
Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:57 - Sep 10 with 2088 viewsbournemouthblue

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:09 - Sep 10 by hector_clifford

The shelf should be a bit higher than that for a club like ours, not that Marcus Evans has necessarily received that memo

I appreciate about two thirds of the Championship have the same ambition nowadays but we should be pushing in the Championship

It's a sad reflection of where we now are

It wasn't so long ago that 15th was our lowest finish for over half a century

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 17:22 - Sep 10 with 1985 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 15:18 - Sep 10 by abracaDOBRA_

Looks like their RB Byrne is on his way to Derby today as well

Probably there final decent asset, maybe Naismith as well.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 17:44 - Sep 10 with 1918 viewsHerbivore

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:57 - Sep 10 by bournemouthblue

The shelf should be a bit higher than that for a club like ours, not that Marcus Evans has necessarily received that memo

I appreciate about two thirds of the Championship have the same ambition nowadays but we should be pushing in the Championship

It's a sad reflection of where we now are

It wasn't so long ago that 15th was our lowest finish for over half a century

I'm not sure we really can expect much more than midtable in the Championship, sadly. I've been going to Portman Road now for 31 years and in those 31 years we've only spent 5 of them in the top flight and another 6 or 7 finishing in the top 6 of the second tier. For most of that time we've been a middling second tier side, now worse still.

There are numerous sides who have as much if not more of a claim to be pushing for promotion to the Prem. There's at least three sides in our current division that have spent more time in the Prem than we have, at least five that have been in it more recently than us too. That's before even looking at the division above. Even in terms of things like attendance, we're in the lower middle reaches of the Championship.

I'm not sure in what sense we're a club that should rightfully expect to be at the top end of the second tier. We can't harp back to a golden era that's now 40 years distant and still think of ourselves as a big club. That might be massively depressing but it's the reality of where we are and where our standing is in English football over a sustained period of time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 18:01 - Sep 10 with 1836 viewsbrazil1982

0-0 then.
Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 18:16 - Sep 10 with 1790 viewsgordon

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:20 - Sep 10 by Coco

would be ultimate 'banter era' result.

Top for me would be if they brought in Paul Hurst as boss a couple of days before the game and then Garner won it with a 30 yarder.
Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 19:49 - Sep 10 with 1636 viewsRedX

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 16:19 - Sep 10 by tractordownsouth

He's had decent jobs before, but he seems to have no loyalty whatsoever. He hopped from Newport to Oldham, then to Notts County and back to Oldham within the space of a year. Then he ditched Carlisle for Chesterfield shortly after.

He's the dictionary definition of a journeyman, but it must be hard to turn down Wigan when you're managing in the Irish League - even in the state they're in.

He’s not managing in the “Irish League”.
Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 21:00 - Sep 10 with 1502 viewstractordownsouth

Simon Grayson turns down Wigan job. Now speaking to John Sheridan on 19:49 - Sep 10 by RedX

He’s not managing in the “Irish League”.

Was talking about Sheridan, not Grayson

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024