Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will we see Ward or Downes again? 18:21 - Oct 3 with 1159 viewstextbackup

as its us, i'll say march for ward. and pre season for downes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 18:27 - Oct 3 with 1140 viewsSomethingBlue

Losing Downes for the season and not getting a penny for him in the process would be entirely fitting for us. And I must say, the way he went down the second time doesn't make me optimistic it won't happen.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

After Christmas for Ward.... on 18:27 - Oct 3 with 1130 viewsBloots

....I expect, then a recurrence that will end his season.

Downes will be back for the last game of the season against Fleetwood, when when we'll be battling them for a top ten finish.

What a club.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 18:28 - Oct 3 with 1113 viewscatch74

Warren has said Downes left on crutches, not sounding good.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 18:34 - Oct 3 with 1081 viewsHerbivore

Ward's doesn't sound too bad, although you never know with us. Downes' sounds more concerning.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 20:39 - Oct 3 with 902 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 18:27 - Oct 3 by SomethingBlue

Losing Downes for the season and not getting a penny for him in the process would be entirely fitting for us. And I must say, the way he went down the second time doesn't make me optimistic it won't happen.

Losing Downes for a season would be bad.

But money doesn't come into it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 20:41 - Oct 3 with 900 viewsSuperblue95

Ward will probably retire a la Walters

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 20:41 - Oct 3 with 899 viewspointofblue

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 20:39 - Oct 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Losing Downes for a season would be bad.

But money doesn't come into it.

I think the argument is at least we'd be getting something for him if he was transferred. Having him on the treatment table means he's not providing on or off the pitch.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 20:45 - Oct 3 with 889 viewsBudapestByBlimp

I was concerned about Downes - I'm certainly no medic but I've seen lots of players with ligament damage play on then have to stop a few minutes later. I do fear a long lay-off for him.

However, from the clubs point of view at least we have a surfeit of midfielders whereas cover at left back should Ward be out any length of time ...
Login to get fewer ads

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 08:23 - Oct 4 with 627 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 20:41 - Oct 3 by pointofblue

I think the argument is at least we'd be getting something for him if he was transferred. Having him on the treatment table means he's not providing on or off the pitch.

I don't recall anyone saying he should leave at the time, so it's irrelevant really.

Also, due to the salary cap there wasn't much scope to spend the money.

He will still be worth money when he returns to fitness.

We don't know how long he is out for yet.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 09:29 - Oct 4 with 571 viewsMonkeyAlan

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 20:41 - Oct 3 by Superblue95

Ward will probably retire a la Walters

If Ward has achilles problem depending how bad it is, it could be his season over. Disaster for us as he seemed to have taken this team by the scruff of the neck and gave it the kick up the backside it needed.
When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 09:35 - Oct 4 with 550 viewsPhilTWTD

When will we see Ward or Downes again? on 09:29 - Oct 4 by MonkeyAlan

If Ward has achilles problem depending how bad it is, it could be his season over. Disaster for us as he seemed to have taken this team by the scruff of the neck and gave it the kick up the backside it needed.

He was subbed as a precaution, according to PL, so I don't think there are any fears of it being a long-term thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024