Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist 18:34 - Oct 10 with 2779 viewsMullet

Think he'll go out on a high this season and finally get the credit he deserves? On the bus, trophy in hand at the end of the season would be the perfect wya to say goodbye wouldn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 10:35 - Oct 11 with 380 viewsreusersfreekicks

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 10:32 - Oct 11 by ITFC_Forever

Volleys don’t bounce.

They can do, it's the ball being in the air that is the decisive factor. Chambers scored from a volley, nowhere near a half volley as has been said
Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 10:45 - Oct 11 with 363 viewsm14_blue

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 23:10 - Oct 10 by The_Last_Baron

Agree, a goal which Bayern Munich would be proud to score.

Did you know Norwich beat them once?
Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 11:01 - Oct 11 with 354 viewsMullet

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 10:32 - Oct 11 by ITFC_Forever

Volleys don’t bounce.

We better go and tell tennis and errr volleyball eh?

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 11:17 - Oct 11 with 346 viewshampstead_blue

Have to say this was one his best performances I've seen,

He wasn't up against much which gave him time to show he can pass.

The pass for Edwards goal was quality.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 11:31 - Oct 11 with 338 viewsRyorry

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 03:03 - Oct 11 by IPS_wich

The other aspect of Chambers' goal that hasn't really been discussed is that we had held onto possession for about a minute before that - about 20-25 passes.

Not dissimilar to the KVY goal at Southend last year that most thought was a contender for goal of the season.

It's why I rate it higher than the Edwards goal, because it was a spectacular finish to a great move.

Lovely, lovely stuff - love a good team goal, usually gets my vote on GotM on MotD. Finishing with a cracker from a defender, in this case our stalwart Captain, is icing on the cake.

Particularly enjoyed the long pinpoint pass along the deck from Doz, like a pinball threading through all the pins.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 11:33]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 11:47 - Oct 11 with 328 viewsITFC_Forever

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 11:01 - Oct 11 by Mullet

We better go and tell tennis and errr volleyball eh?

What I mean is they don’t bounce before you hit them.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 11:49 - Oct 11 with 326 viewsITFC_Forever

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 10:35 - Oct 11 by reusersfreekicks

They can do, it's the ball being in the air that is the decisive factor. Chambers scored from a volley, nowhere near a half volley as has been said

Volleys have no bounce before them.

Anyone who’s ever played headers and volleys will tell you that.

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 11:50 - Oct 11 with 324 viewsMullet

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 11:47 - Oct 11 by ITFC_Forever

What I mean is they don’t bounce before you hit them.

I am in complete aggreeance mate, and baffled anyone says otherwise! I'm sure I could say he put his laces through it and someone would start talking aobut how laces can't actually penetrate the outer layer of the ball of something.

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 12:11 - Oct 11 with 309 viewsRyorry

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 10:35 - Oct 11 by reusersfreekicks

Wiki:-
Volley (association football)
"A volley is an air-borne strike in association football, where a player's foot meets and directs the ball in an angled direction before it has time to reach the ground."

"A Half Volley is also commonly used, which is when the ball is kicked immediately after it hits the ground. A half volley may be better for situations when a volley can't be done because the ball is too high and the player wants to get a more accurate shot.[1] An example of a half volley is Didier Drogba's goal with Chelsea against Liverpool in 2006. He controlled the ball with his chest from a long pass, then turned and took a shot with his left foot from the penalty arc that went to the bottom left corner.[2][3]"

The Free dictionary: -
"half volley
n.
A stroke in certain sports, such as tennis, in which the ball is hit immediately after it bounces off the ground."

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 12:23 - Oct 11 with 294 viewsITFC_Forever

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 11:50 - Oct 11 by Mullet

I am in complete aggreeance mate, and baffled anyone says otherwise! I'm sure I could say he put his laces through it and someone would start talking aobut how laces can't actually penetrate the outer layer of the ball of something.

I knew you would be a voice of sanity.

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 20:39 - Oct 11 with 247 viewsMoriarty

It’s from a while ago but here’s an article by Stephen Hunt from a while back. I posted it ages ago ( or do it seems). Very complimentary about LC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/step
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 20:40]

fka omuircheartaigh

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 20:44 - Oct 11 with 242 viewsTrequartista

Volleys don’t bounce.

It's still not a half-volley though. That's when the ball is struck as it hits the ground.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 20:46 - Oct 11 with 241 viewsITFC_Forever

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 20:44 - Oct 11 by Trequartista

It's still not a half-volley though. That's when the ball is struck as it hits the ground.

I didn’t say it was, that was someone else.

Just said it wasn’t a volley, and as you say, not a half-volley either... a half-volley is hit at the same time or very soon after the bounce.

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 20:48 - Oct 11 with 239 viewsTrequartista

Chambers with the goal of the season so far and today's best assist on 20:46 - Oct 11 by ITFC_Forever

I didn’t say it was, that was someone else.

Just said it wasn’t a volley, and as you say, not a half-volley either... a half-volley is hit at the same time or very soon after the bounce.

I've always thought, as you do, that a volley is when the ball hasn't bounced, and that is certainly strictly true in tennis, but i think it's crept into football whereby it's called a volley when the ball is just not on the ground when struck.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024