Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous 21:11 - Oct 10 with 2697 viewsDubtractor

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/10/lawyers-claim-knife-attack-at-l

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:27 - Oct 11 with 1060 viewseireblue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:10 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

Ok, I guess the lawyers in question obviously see it very differently though.

It's not her position that's the problem (although I vehemently disagree with it) it's her effectively casting those opposing it, through our judicial system, as the enemy.

It is the same principle as why certain people don’t see racism.

People in power create division, by using language, to misrepresent and characterise a group.

The thoughts of the people in that group are ignored.

Someone acts on that perception.

The people using that language, and supporting that group are somehow not responsible.

What some people mean by freedom, is the ability to abuse, lie, ignore facts, and misrepresent anything they like, and not take any responsibility for the consequences.
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:28 - Oct 11 with 1059 viewshampstead_blue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:10 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

Ok, I guess the lawyers in question obviously see it very differently though.

It's not her position that's the problem (although I vehemently disagree with it) it's her effectively casting those opposing it, through our judicial system, as the enemy.

I feel we shall not see eye to eye on this. But that's ok.

I think that there is a small minority of islamic extremists who are the enemy who use immigration to infiltrate. Russians and the IRA use/used it and it will continue to be used.
That has to be accepted by all sides.

Her demonising of them? Again, not sure. She is tough, very tough and wants to defend us from the nutters who want to bring the country to change to their way of life.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:30 - Oct 11 with 1058 viewsbrazil1982

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:07 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

I don't think she is/has stoked the kind of hatred to cause such an attack.

She is setting out a strong and defined position. Said position sits outside Europe's open to all, and I mean all, policy.

There are nutters everywhere looking for something to latch onto. This person and their ilk are at the extreme margin. So much so that no person can be held responsible for their actions.

Except the person who carried out the attack- they alone are responsible.
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:45 - Oct 11 with 1043 viewsm14_blue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:30 - Oct 11 by brazil1982

Except the person who carried out the attack- they alone are responsible.

Do you feel the same way about those who have radicalised Islamic Terrorists, are they not in any way responsible? Abu Hamza is fine in your book?

I'm not drawing an equivalence but it's obviously far too simplistic to say the attacker alone is responsible.
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:46 - Oct 11 with 1040 viewsm14_blue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:28 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

I think that there is a small minority of islamic extremists who are the enemy who use immigration to infiltrate. Russians and the IRA use/used it and it will continue to be used.

Her demonising of them? Again, not sure. She is tough, very tough and wants to defend us from the nutters who want to bring the country to change to their way of life.

Fair enough, agree to disagree.
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:52 - Oct 11 with 1031 viewsPlums

A good piece here too:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/10/she-sneers-at-do-gooders-b
It’s dangerous cheerleading and nothing else. Furthermore it won’t resolve the situation they claim exists, it will just deepen the divisions in society that the Tory party are responsible for creating over the past 10 years.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 12:06 - Oct 11 with 1020 viewseireblue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:28 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

How does demonising barristers, stop Islamic terrorists?

Point by point guide please.
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 12:12 - Oct 11 with 1009 viewsSarge

“ She is tough, very tough and wants to defend us from the nutters who want to bring the country to change to their way of life.”

You mean those nutters that wanted to change the way we live and work in this country? The way that everyone under 50 knows as the norm, the one that gives the freedom to travel and work all across Europe, the one that affords free trade across the worlds largest trading bloc, the one that ensures human rights are respected, the one that has a net positive effect on our economy?

Is that the change she’s protecting us from? Because that’s a very real change that will bring far more damage than a handful of extremists. Or are you only concerned about the extremists that you haven’t voted for?
Login to get fewer ads

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 12:51 - Oct 11 with 970 viewshampstead_blue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:45 - Oct 11 by m14_blue

Do you feel the same way about those who have radicalised Islamic Terrorists, are they not in any way responsible? Abu Hamza is fine in your book?

I'm not drawing an equivalence but it's obviously far too simplistic to say the attacker alone is responsible.

I do not feel the attacker alone is responsible.

Both extremes have small and highly effective ways of stoking hatred. The internet has allowed them the freedom to find shadows and echo chambers. Both sides.

For me this attack shows that the liberal and nigh on non-existent immigration barriers in Europe have driven a few nutters to pile into the lawyers who defend those trying to get to the UK.

It's not healthy.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 12:53 - Oct 11 with 955 viewsDubtractor

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 12:51 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

Both extremes have small and highly effective ways of stoking hatred. The internet has allowed them the freedom to find shadows and echo chambers. Both sides.

For me this attack shows that the liberal and nigh on non-existent immigration barriers in Europe have driven a few nutters to pile into the lawyers who defend those trying to get to the UK.

It's not healthy.

You are a disgusting human being.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 12:54 - Oct 11 with 954 viewspointofblue

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 12:51 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

It's not healthy.

“This attack shows that...immigration barriers in Europe have driven a few nutters to pile into the lawyers who defend those trying to get to the UK.”

I agree. Examples A and B being Boris Johnson and Priti Patel.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 13:00 - Oct 11 with 947 viewsm14_blue

It's not healthy.

This was a reply to brazil1982.

I'm sure the immigration rules have upset a few racists but surely we shouldn't be basing our society around what is least likely to upset racists?
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 13:24 - Oct 11 with 920 viewsSpruceMoose

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 22:43 - Oct 10 by jeera

Deliberately provocative language, endorsed by Johnson no less.

"Boris Johnson went even further, claiming the entire criminal justice system was “being hamstrung by lefty human rights lawyers”.

Sh1t people aren't they? Utter low life trash.

God Jeera he was clearly just joking! It's all about the context or something...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 13:31 - Oct 11 with 906 viewsMonkeyAlan

I quite fancy Priti Patel.
This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 16:04 - Oct 11 with 854 viewsHerbivore

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 11:07 - Oct 11 by hampstead_blue

I don't think she is/has stoked the kind of hatred to cause such an attack.

She is setting out a strong and defined position. Said position sits outside Europe's open to all, and I mean all, policy.

There are nutters everywhere looking for something to latch onto. This person and their ilk are at the extreme margin. So much so that no person can be held responsible for their actions.

Unbelievable, or it would be if you weren't fully part of the cult.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 16:07 - Oct 11 with 851 viewsHerbivore

Completely brainwashed. If you spent even 5 minutes in the real world I imagine it'd be a huge eye opener.

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 16:09 - Oct 11 with 847 viewsHerbivore

It's not healthy.

Yeah it's definitely the fault of immigration, not those demonising immigrants and those who ensure their legal rights are protected.

Have. A. Fooking. Word. With. Yourself.

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 20:21 - Oct 11 with 792 viewsjeera

This is why the rhetoric from Priti Patel and co is so dangerous on 13:24 - Oct 11 by SpruceMoose

God Jeera he was clearly just joking! It's all about the context or something...

Looking at the arrows there an 'htb' and 'Harlston' also agree with our government's hate speech approach.

No comments on the matter on here ever though, just silent agreement.

There's a few radicalised people out there in the Hampstead mould it seems.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024