Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. 20:08 - Oct 12 with 2448 viewshomer_123

We must act now....according to Boris.

But fundamentally....nothing changes! Most of the Country in Tier 1...no changes. Witty admits Tier 3 on its own won't be enough.

Utter madness....or is it me?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 21:24 - Oct 12 with 576 viewsFixed_It

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 20:44 - Oct 12 by pointofblue

Logic would say close hospitality and leisure down until an effective track and trace is up and running. The huge issue IMO is schools and universities are hotbeds - possibly more so high schools than primary schools - and yet understandably there is a resistance to closing these once again. The economic and mental health impact is also growing day by day.

Did you notice the steep upward curve in 5-16 infections? I wonder why that might be...?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 21:25 - Oct 12 with 576 viewsEly_Blue

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 20:58 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

Honestly mate, I haven't got a f*cking clue beyond 'hope Doctor Who turns up, takes us back to February and manages this cluster*ck properly to start with'.

All the things that we should be doing, like proper track-and-trace, an actual structured plan for re-opening schools and universities, less rush to get people into pubs, restaurants and offices, should have been thought about and done weeks, nay months ago. As it is, we're staring down a catastrophic winter either economically, socially or public health-wise(quite likely a combination of all 3), whatever happens.

On top of that, we've got a no-deal Brexit looming at the end of January, with all its attendant problems for supply chains.

F*ck this government, etc
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 21:05]

The winter worries me to be honest, I’ve pretty much been as safe as any healthy 50 year old guy could/should be expected to be, hell I’ve only visited my mother in Ipswich twice since March and even then I felt guilty when she hugged me.

I know the government haven’t given clear and concise guidelines on anything since that first lockdown on March 23rd which seemed to be listened to.

It’s the varying levels of vagaries since then which haven’t helped and as always if you give people 1 inch of wriggle room then they will take advantage of it... there should have been a much stronger approach to get the buy in from the people as now they’ve got no hope of pulling it back.

It now doesn’t help with all of the data that gets published on cases per 100k in each area as this just leads to animosity between people over what they are being asked to do

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 21:36 - Oct 12 with 553 viewsSwansea_Blue

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 20:56 - Oct 12 by Ely_Blue

What would your honest opinion be on what should be done by the government?

From what I've been reading over the last couple of days, I'd go with a short, hard total lockdown plus a massive effort to overhaul and improve track and trace using the regiongal health boards. That seems to be our last chance of getting it under control and protecting the economy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 22:05 - Oct 12 with 524 viewsSwansea_Blue

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 20:44 - Oct 12 by pointofblue

Logic would say close hospitality and leisure down until an effective track and trace is up and running. The huge issue IMO is schools and universities are hotbeds - possibly more so high schools than primary schools - and yet understandably there is a resistance to closing these once again. The economic and mental health impact is also growing day by day.

I agree Unis are part of the problem, but they are not the whole problem and taking them out of the equation may well not be enough. It depends where you are. Our university here has a much lower rate of infections than the broader county.

Schools are a bit similar. I don't know the rates in schoools compared to the local area surrounding them, but even if the kids weren't in school they'd be mixing other ways. We've had a non-stop supply of party invites over the last couple of months. Teenagers were also holding huge parties all through the summer. We had one broken up down here of well over 100 teenages. And regularly we'd see groups of 2-40 of them having beach barbeques.

It's easy to blame the whole sector, but it's not that age group that's the dominant age group in Wales, for example. There's very little difference in infection rates between 20-30 yr olds and 40-50 yr olds. And teenagers are much, much lower.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1632/idt2/idt2/caea1e82-4fe6-4f4f-8ee9-e6d1c7594db

I don't know where that leaves us though, other than these not-really-lockdown measures aren't helping us cope with the pandemic, but are crippling businesses. It's still death by a thousand cuts for them as the government seems intent on drawing this out as long as possible. Maybe better to rip the plaster off with a short, hard lockdown to try and drive transmission right down so we can then get on with life?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 22:55 - Oct 12 with 492 viewsTrequartista

Maybe they are hanging on for the oxford vaccine which should arrive next month if it completes the final phase of testing, but obviously they can't say that in case it fails or is delayed.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 07:21 - Oct 13 with 395 viewssolomon

Maybe Covid19 is planet earths vaccine against us?
So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 09:02 - Oct 13 with 335 viewsMonkeyAlan

Let them go to school, but after straight home. Have a curfew for kids. School then home. There are no after school activities going on really, so get them off the streets. All lve seen around my way are kids hanging around everywhere after the schools kick out. Shouting, screaming, riding around people on bikes. With people scurrying about trying to avoid them. They are 14-16 year olds mainly, so old enough to understand. Any found out after school should have their names and address taken if caught, then the parents should be fined. Time to start doing something to make people understand instead of keep pussy footing about like this government are doing.
So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 09:07 - Oct 13 with 331 viewshype313

So the numbers are significantly up and increasing. on 20:50 - Oct 12 by Pinewoodblue

You make a good point about Long COVID.

The thing about creating herd immunity is no one knows for certain how long it lasts. Do you add those still suffering, having already contracted the virus once, should they shield? Would make sense.

The original shielding plans were flawed. My wife was advised, by Spinal Injuries Association on 15th March, she received a very detailed explanation as to why by email. Six weeks later she received a letter from NHS telling her to shield for 12 weeks although she didn’t meet any of criteria to shield that were listed in the letter. They added the category she was in but didn’t change the letter to include it.

We only qualified for guaranteed delivery slots for home delivery from the time the belated letter was received.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54512034

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024