Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A proper leader 17:23 - Oct 13 with 8559 viewsSitfcB

Get him in next time

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A proper leader on 08:37 - Oct 14 with 1873 viewsjeera

A proper leader on 08:34 - Oct 14 by airliner

What are you a teacher. Sorry sir I will re do my homework.

I'm not a teacher mate, no.

I just think you could make a bit of an effort on some basics before passing on advice on potential life and death situations.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A proper leader on 08:38 - Oct 14 with 1873 viewsbazza

A proper leader on 07:55 - Oct 14 by jeera

Then perhaps you should read what I said instead of what you want to believe I said.

I don't do moronic.

Edit: Hey 'bazz', read this from your own post: "Unfortunately there will always be people that will manipulate situations for personal gain."

Then read this: "writing people using it as an excuse to do what they want is quite moronic, someone could read that, and feel at the cost of being accused."

What's your point again?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 8:11]

You don’t do moronic... ok.
A proper leader on 08:51 - Oct 14 with 1852 viewsMonkeyAlan

No more idea than those in government now. He would still be following the same scientists and economists who would be pressuring him just the same. As would the leaders and mayors of the major cities. Truth is no one would do much better. No country is doing much better. Everyone is stumbling around in the dark. Starmer included. Let's face it, he hasn't really got any answers, just keeps saying the government needs to do better. We already know that, but he hasn't got any real ideas himself.
A proper leader on 08:59 - Oct 14 with 1861 viewsDanTheMan

A proper leader on 08:51 - Oct 14 by MonkeyAlan

No more idea than those in government now. He would still be following the same scientists and economists who would be pressuring him just the same. As would the leaders and mayors of the major cities. Truth is no one would do much better. No country is doing much better. Everyone is stumbling around in the dark. Starmer included. Let's face it, he hasn't really got any answers, just keeps saying the government needs to do better. We already know that, but he hasn't got any real ideas himself.

"No country is doing much better."

That's just completely false.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

A proper leader on 09:24 - Oct 14 with 1834 viewsSwansea_Blue

A proper leader on 08:51 - Oct 14 by MonkeyAlan

Except for -

a. The Govt are not following the scientific advice.
b. Lots of leaders have done better.
c. There are many countries that are doing better too.
d. We're still learning about this, but plenty of other places aren't stumbling around in the dark.
d. He's just given an answer that is in accordance with the current scientific advice.
e. He doesn't just say the government needs to do better, he's literally just told them what they should be doing.

- spot on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A proper leader on 09:32 - Oct 14 with 1813 viewsjeera

A proper leader on 08:38 - Oct 14 by bazza

You don’t do moronic... ok.

Your own post agreed with mine then contradicted itself. You were trying to score points whilst having no idea what you were banging on about.

Luckily for you, you had Paz onside. That said a lot to me.

Do me a favour and don't bother me again with your nonsense.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A proper leader on 10:07 - Oct 14 with 1774 views26_Paz

A proper leader on 09:32 - Oct 14 by jeera

Your own post agreed with mine then contradicted itself. You were trying to score points whilst having no idea what you were banging on about.

Luckily for you, you had Paz onside. That said a lot to me.

Do me a favour and don't bother me again with your nonsense.

What are you having a pop at me for? I’ve explained I liked a post highlighting the importance of mental health ...

The Paz Man

A proper leader on 16:40 - Oct 14 with 1702 viewsMonkeyAlan

A proper leader on 09:24 - Oct 14 by Swansea_Blue

Except for -

a. The Govt are not following the scientific advice.
b. Lots of leaders have done better.
c. There are many countries that are doing better too.
d. We're still learning about this, but plenty of other places aren't stumbling around in the dark.
d. He's just given an answer that is in accordance with the current scientific advice.
e. He doesn't just say the government needs to do better, he's literally just told them what they should be doing.

- spot on.

Starmer is no more the answer than Boris. He just rides on people's coat tails.
Login to get fewer ads

A proper leader on 16:48 - Oct 14 with 1710 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 16:40 - Oct 14 by MonkeyAlan

Must. Defend. Boris. At. All. Costs. By. Making. Spurious. Claim. That. Other. Side. Would. Handle. Imaginary. Crisis. Just. As. Badly...

*collapses*

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A proper leader on 17:11 - Oct 14 with 1693 viewsSwansea_Blue

A proper leader on 16:40 - Oct 14 by MonkeyAlan

Yes I think that's right in this case. Starmer is listening to (riding on the coat tails of, if you prefer) the Government's own scientific advisors, which the Government seem to be ignoring.

It's a storm in a teacup anyway - the Government will end up having to follow the advice, it's just a matter of when. Starmer's trying to get them to hurry up so we don't repeat the mistakes of locking down too late last time (we may be too late already).

A proper leader on 17:17 - Oct 14 with 1685 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mind you, how crap is that slogan? 'A new leadership'. It's factual I suppose, but hardly inspirational or informative. One thing they could learn from the populists is how better to harness emotive language; make a play about pulling the country together, or fairness for all or better equality, or opportunities, or investing in Britain's future. The list of things that the Tories have done badly is almost endless, so there's plenty to chose. They may as well have 'bloke in a red tie' as it stands.

A proper leader on 17:56 - Oct 14 with 1673 viewsSitfcB

A proper leader on 08:37 - Oct 14 by itfc_bucks

Possibly (and I realise there's some competition here) the single most stupid thing you've ever said on this forum.

The hard part is working out which half of that post is the most insane bit.

Glad to see this thread went the way I intended it to go.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 17:56]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A proper leader on 18:02 - Oct 14 with 1656 viewsSwansea_Blue

A proper leader on 23:07 - Oct 13 by SpruceMoose

Not applying this to you Bazza, but your post has made me think about how weird it is that so many people suddenly care so much about mental health these days, when It was only recently that mental health issues were a source of ridicule and eyerolling for some of these same people.

Like I say, weird.

Or why a lot of the people who are declaring their concerns about mental health the loudest at the moment also seem to be supporting a party that has systematically underfunded mental health over the last decade (and presumably voted for them). Actions louder than words an all that.

A proper leader on 18:04 - Oct 14 with 1650 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 18:02 - Oct 14 by Swansea_Blue

Or why a lot of the people who are declaring their concerns about mental health the loudest at the moment also seem to be supporting a party that has systematically underfunded mental health over the last decade (and presumably voted for them). Actions louder than words an all that.

Quite. I believe I have been quite clear as to what I think is going on here, and it's reassuring to see that I am not alone in thinking that way.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

A proper leader on 18:56 - Oct 14 with 1624 views26_Paz

A proper leader on 18:04 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

Quite. I believe I have been quite clear as to what I think is going on here, and it's reassuring to see that I am not alone in thinking that way.

Very cynical way of looking at things

The Paz Man

A proper leader on 18:57 - Oct 14 with 1630 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I am not saying he shouldn't be our next PM, but in opposition is much easier than leading.
A proper leader on 18:59 - Oct 14 with 1628 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 18:56 - Oct 14 by 26_Paz

Very cynical way of looking at things

I couldn't give two sh1ts what you think.

A proper leader on 19:01 - Oct 14 with 1618 views26_Paz

A proper leader on 18:59 - Oct 14 by SpruceMoose

I couldn't give two sh1ts what you think.

Why do you keep asking me the same questions then?

The Paz Man

A proper leader on 19:02 - Oct 14 with 1622 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 19:01 - Oct 14 by 26_Paz

I'm not asking you questions. I'm making statements. The main one being that you're a wrong 'un.

A proper leader on 19:02 - Oct 14 with 1619 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

A proper leader on 19:01 - Oct 14 by 26_Paz

How was Liverpool last night? Have a right laugh I bet.
A proper leader on 19:04 - Oct 14 with 1611 views26_Paz

A proper leader on 19:02 - Oct 14 by IpswichBoyBlue

How was Liverpool last night? Have a right laugh I bet.

Wasn’t there mate. If my area enters tier 3 I would probably go for a last night out, I’m not going to lie. The whole attacking police officers thing though is not really my style.

The Paz Man

A proper leader on 19:07 - Oct 14 with 1610 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

A proper leader on 19:04 - Oct 14 by 26_Paz

Wasn’t there mate. If my area enters tier 3 I would probably go for a last night out, I’m not going to lie. The whole attacking police officers thing though is not really my style.

I refer to my post on another thread.
A proper leader on 19:10 - Oct 14 with 1602 views26_Paz

A proper leader on 19:07 - Oct 14 by IpswichBoyBlue

I refer to my post on another thread.

You’ve lost me here mate, what post?

The Paz Man

A proper leader on 19:15 - Oct 14 with 1598 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

A proper leader on 19:10 - Oct 14 by 26_Paz

You’ve lost me here mate, what post?

The pub culture in this country. I think now would be a good time for us all to take a look at ourselves and how we treat pubs and clubs. European countries seem to have a very different outlook to ours.
A proper leader on 19:17 - Oct 14 with 1596 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 19:15 - Oct 14 by IpswichBoyBlue

The pub culture in this country. I think now would be a good time for us all to take a look at ourselves and how we treat pubs and clubs. European countries seem to have a very different outlook to ours.

That would require far too much self reflection and community spirit for some.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024