Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The logic of Town fans 10:18 - Oct 16 with 9378 viewsBluefish

Thousands of posts attacking anyone that says we would be gambling and could suffer for getting rid of McCarthy. Posts saying it is ridiculous and how we will better better off. Turns out the majority were completely wrong so now it can never be mentioned again

Hurst comes in and people point out it isn't better and loads shout at us. Turns out he was hopeless and it must be never mentioned again that he was supposedly the messiah and how it was so good

Lambo is now the greatest, so lucky to have him etc. Limply takes us down but soon top and lucky to have him, will piss the league. Some point out the league is false and are shouted down by the masses. Turns out Shambert was a fraud but we mustn't mention it. Next season back to top and must not mention the previous history again.

Happened lots of times with players as well, Priskin being a great example

Shout this down please and post look at me and it will confirm my point

Cheers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The logic of Town fans on 23:21 - Oct 16 with 560 viewsHerbivore

The logic of Town fans on 23:00 - Oct 16 by Keaneish

Tactics and coaching.

Very harsh on Kenny that given he’s not been in the job long and he has a mountain to climb. I thought MM did ok all things considered but he hasn’t helped the future of ROI football and those stats I first posted which Healy glossed over are horrendous. MM might have stemmed the flow of defeats temporarily by being more defensive minded and scraping draws, but scraping a 3rd place finish in that group is hardly anything to point to, especially not with what Kenny has inherited.

I have a lot of Irish friends who wanted MM to blood more youth to start building a future. Did he do it? No. There’s two years of lost competitive football for a lot of those players and Kenny is two years behind the curve with their progression.

No European Qualification, poor youth progression, a horrendous legacy of results in the last 3-years and no football identity. It’s a mess and everyone should take the blame, The FAI, O’Neill and McCarthy - certainly the former two rather than the latter but they’re all culpable.

He was a caretaker manager for less than 2 years with a remit of trying to qualify for the Euros. He got them into the play offs. How much coaching could he really do in seeing the players for a week every couple of months for less than 2 years? Tactically he set them up to get results with a very limited squad, which was precisely what he was brought in to do. Blaming him for them still being toss is rather bizarre given what he was brought in for and that he did a pretty good job based on that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The logic of Town fans on 06:53 - Oct 17 with 500 viewsKeaneish

The logic of Town fans on 23:21 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

He was a caretaker manager for less than 2 years with a remit of trying to qualify for the Euros. He got them into the play offs. How much coaching could he really do in seeing the players for a week every couple of months for less than 2 years? Tactically he set them up to get results with a very limited squad, which was precisely what he was brought in to do. Blaming him for them still being toss is rather bizarre given what he was brought in for and that he did a pretty good job based on that.

It’s about being progressive. They’ve not progressed, if anything, despite the improved results, they’ve gone backwards. If you look at those results and the performances to get those results as individual games rather than holistically, the story is different.

How is McCarthy without blame for what Kenny inherited is more the question? It’s all well and good universally agreeing the squad is poor but to take a poor squad and then give it back in an even worse state 18-months later had to raise eyebrows and questions, surely? Why is MM impervious to that?

ROI barely deserved half the results they got under MM but that’s the quality MM consistently brings to teams. It papers over the cracks though. Players like Parrott, Connolly, Obafemi, Molumby and Doyle-Hayes never got a look in.

MM had a remit to qualify and handover to Kenny. He never qualified, instead needing to scrape through on a wing and a prayer and his handover to Kenny was awful. I don’t see much to point to as successful.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The logic of Town fans on 07:20 - Oct 17 with 497 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The logic of Town fans on 07:28 - Oct 17 with 494 viewsHerbivore

The logic of Town fans on 06:53 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

It’s about being progressive. They’ve not progressed, if anything, despite the improved results, they’ve gone backwards. If you look at those results and the performances to get those results as individual games rather than holistically, the story is different.

How is McCarthy without blame for what Kenny inherited is more the question? It’s all well and good universally agreeing the squad is poor but to take a poor squad and then give it back in an even worse state 18-months later had to raise eyebrows and questions, surely? Why is MM impervious to that?

ROI barely deserved half the results they got under MM but that’s the quality MM consistently brings to teams. It papers over the cracks though. Players like Parrott, Connolly, Obafemi, Molumby and Doyle-Hayes never got a look in.

MM had a remit to qualify and handover to Kenny. He never qualified, instead needing to scrape through on a wing and a prayer and his handover to Kenny was awful. I don’t see much to point to as successful.

My word. The hate still runs strong in you. This is all just, to quote the great man himself, bonkers.

The logic of Town fans on 08:34 - Oct 17 with 469 viewsKeaneish

The logic of Town fans on 07:28 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

My word. The hate still runs strong in you. This is all just, to quote the great man himself, bonkers.

It’s called objective criticism. I’ve acknowledged MM’s successes and his failures during his tenure. I think it’s about time the messianic and cult like praise for MM ceased as it’s become unbearable. I have no resentment for MM. He did some good and some bad here. We’re looking at this through the lense of Irish football now.

Why should O’Neill and Kenny get thrown under the bus but MM get a walk? That’s what’s bonkers!

The logic of Town fans on 09:19 - Oct 17 with 449 viewsartsbossbeard

The logic of Town fans on 08:34 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

It’s called objective criticism. I’ve acknowledged MM’s successes and his failures during his tenure. I think it’s about time the messianic and cult like praise for MM ceased as it’s become unbearable. I have no resentment for MM. He did some good and some bad here. We’re looking at this through the lense of Irish football now.

Why should O’Neill and Kenny get thrown under the bus but MM get a walk? That’s what’s bonkers!

Still raging then, fella?

Healthy.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The logic of Town fans on 10:12 - Oct 17 with 419 viewsKeaneish

The logic of Town fans on 09:19 - Oct 17 by artsbossbeard

Still raging then, fella?

Healthy.

I like to call it objective discussion but, as always happens on this forum it has to be black or white and nothing in between; pro or anti Mick. How about getting back to the discussion topic of whether MM has left ROI in a good place or not and whether he’s progressed them?

The logic of Town fans on 10:22 - Oct 17 with 406 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The logic of Town fans on 10:12 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

I like to call it objective discussion but, as always happens on this forum it has to be black or white and nothing in between; pro or anti Mick. How about getting back to the discussion topic of whether MM has left ROI in a good place or not and whether he’s progressed them?

Actually no that wasn’t the discussion topic, the point being debated was your assertion that ‘ they were equally terrible under him’, which they clearly weren’t

I don’t know why you keep now clinging to this point about developing youth and improving the squad. It’s international management so he can’t sign anyone, his job was to get the best results possible with the limited players at his disposal. Something which again his record compared to immediately before and after suggests he did

You’ve also seemingly criticised him for not qualifying, which is laughable given he had them in a position to qualify when the small matter of a global pandemic resulted in him handing over the reigns before the campaign was over. His successor then failed to finish the job

Didn’t get a chance to reply before now as a too busy laughing at someone telling me to wind my neck in whilst simultaneously having a hissy fit over a few small facts being pointed out 🤣

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

The logic of Town fans on 11:18 - Oct 17 with 371 viewsHerbivore

The logic of Town fans on 08:34 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

Maybe because with the same squad they have he's managed better results?

The logic of Town fans on 12:35 - Oct 17 with 338 viewsSuperblue95

The logic of Town fans on 06:53 - Oct 17 by Keaneish

We’ve not progressed because our decent players are all either retired or crocked. Not much McCarthy could have done about that (or Kenny for that matter)

Mick has his limits and yeah the football was ugly and boring (even for Irish standards) but he got us to a play off which was about what was expected.

Kenny is failing so far in the sense results have been dreadful since he took over. The style is noticeably different though and there’s a few younger players threatening to break through, so only time will tell if things take an upturn or not.

Difficult to build anything in international football

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024