Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The logic of Town fans 10:18 - Oct 16 with 9376 viewsBluefish

Thousands of posts attacking anyone that says we would be gambling and could suffer for getting rid of McCarthy. Posts saying it is ridiculous and how we will better better off. Turns out the majority were completely wrong so now it can never be mentioned again

Hurst comes in and people point out it isn't better and loads shout at us. Turns out he was hopeless and it must be never mentioned again that he was supposedly the messiah and how it was so good

Lambo is now the greatest, so lucky to have him etc. Limply takes us down but soon top and lucky to have him, will piss the league. Some point out the league is false and are shouted down by the masses. Turns out Shambert was a fraud but we mustn't mention it. Next season back to top and must not mention the previous history again.

Happened lots of times with players as well, Priskin being a great example

Shout this down please and post look at me and it will confirm my point

Cheers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The logic of Town fans on 15:26 - Oct 16 with 3304 viewsBlueandTruesince82

1. The football was awful under Mick, he had been here too long, his tenure was stale. Just because the club made the wrong appointment does not mean that Mick didnt need to go. I think we all knew binning Mick was a gamble but it was that or slowly stagnate watching hoofball. The realtionship with fans had totally broken down and Mick played his part in that.

2. Hurst fit the bill, had been successful in previous jobs and deserved a chance, it didnt work out. Thats football and it happens all the time, sometimes its just the wrong fit...no one was shouting about Hurst being a messiah, just that he be given a chance an any manager or player comming to the club should.

3. Lambo remains to be seen.. just like Hurst has been given a chance despite the Nodge history which reflects well on town fans. Last sesson was not good enough, we all know that and its not out of order to say so. Lambo knows it too says lessons learnt and we all wait with baited breath to see if its so.. RN we are top and if we drop like last seasons town fans will be right to call it again.

Mick was given 5 years of patience despite the way he plays so maybe give town fans a bit more credit....

I dont see us as any less fickle than others.

4. Priskin was crap though.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The logic of Town fans on 15:59 - Oct 16 with 3275 viewsKeaneish

The logic of Town fans on 10:33 - Oct 16 by Bluefish

Won't get you though, you are way too sharp to react.......oh

The fact you get kicks out of this is painful to see unfold and, ultimately unravel each time. Start threads about interesting topics instead of political point scoring. At least your Edwards thread was original even if ridiculous. Stop being a muppet - we’re all bored of it.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The logic of Town fans on 16:13 - Oct 16 with 3268 viewswitchdoctor

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
The logic of Town fans on 16:17 - Oct 16 with 3264 viewshype313

Says the guy who said his favourite player was Guy Uhlenbeek.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The logic of Town fans on 16:18 - Oct 16 with 3261 viewsTJS

He didn't do much good in his latest job for the Republic - another team he has left firmly in a downward trajectory on his departure.
The logic of Town fans on 16:58 - Oct 16 with 3232 viewsSitfcB

The logic of Town fans on 16:18 - Oct 16 by TJS

He didn't do much good in his latest job for the Republic - another team he has left firmly in a downward trajectory on his departure.

He got them to the play-offs for the Euros and his successor f’ked it up.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The logic of Town fans on 17:00 - Oct 16 with 3229 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The logic of Town fans on 16:58 - Oct 16 by SitfcB

He got them to the play-offs for the Euros and his successor f’ked it up.

I do love the logic of the ‘his teams get worse after he leaves therefore he must be a bad manager’ argument

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The logic of Town fans on 17:14 - Oct 16 with 3217 viewsreusersfreekicks

The logic of Town fans on 11:01 - Oct 16 by Bluefish

Not as tragic as desperately replying to my every post to say it is wrong but not able to say why. Many of you have to reply every time, most of them by saying I am blubbing whilst blabbing themselves because I am not in their echo chamber on a discussion forum.

You would have such a great point if I was ever wrong

Cheers though, I love the attention and proving myself time and time again.

You really don't get it do you? Very sad
Login to get fewer ads

The logic of Town fans on 17:29 - Oct 16 with 3206 viewsSitfcB

The logic of Town fans on 17:00 - Oct 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I do love the logic of the ‘his teams get worse after he leaves therefore he must be a bad manager’ argument

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The logic of Town fans on 18:23 - Oct 16 with 3179 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The logic of Town fans on 18:29 - Oct 16 with 3177 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Of course you have the right to criticise Lambert, but the amount of time you spend doing it is a bit tiresome. The 10th in the Championship one is probably your worst. You carry on slagging him off if you wish, just don't be surprised if not all share your views.
The logic of Town fans on 20:04 - Oct 16 with 3122 viewsKeaneish

The logic of Town fans on 17:00 - Oct 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

In the case of ROI, that isn’t true, they were equally terrible under him. ROI are 53rd out of 54 lowest scorers of all the Nations League sides. In the last 3 years they’ve scored 17 goals from 17 different goal scorers. There biggest wins have been against New Zealand and Gibraltar.

There’s a world of issues and an enormous up hill battle for Kenny to turn them around now.

The logic of Town fans on 21:02 - Oct 16 with 3098 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The logic of Town fans on 20:04 - Oct 16 by Keaneish

In the case of ROI, that isn’t true, they were equally terrible under him. ROI are 53rd out of 54 lowest scorers of all the Nations League sides. In the last 3 years they’ve scored 17 goals from 17 different goal scorers. There biggest wins have been against New Zealand and Gibraltar.

There’s a world of issues and an enormous up hill battle for Kenny to turn them around now.

McCarthy’s record in this stint was played 10, won 5, drew 4, lost 1

In the 10 games prior to his appointment they played 10, won 1, drew 4, lost 5

Since he’s left it’s played 4, drew 3, lost 1 - and one of those draws was essentially a loss as resulted in them failing to quality for the Euros

His record is noticeably better than both what came before and after, no matter how desperate you may be to convince yourself otherwise

The logic of Town fans on 21:11 - Oct 16 with 3089 viewsblueislander

The logic of Town fans on 21:02 - Oct 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Since he’s left it’s played 4, drew 3, lost 1 - and one of those draws was essentially a loss as resulted in them failing to quality for the Euros

His record is noticeably better than both what came before and after, no matter how desperate you may be to convince yourself otherwise

Who did they beat in that period?
The logic of Town fans on 21:16 - Oct 16 with 3081 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The logic of Town fans on 21:11 - Oct 16 by blueislander

Who did they beat in that period?

Bulgaria, New Zealand, Georgia and Gibraltar

Who did they beat directly before or after? Pretty much nobody

The logic of Town fans on 21:22 - Oct 16 with 3075 viewsblueislander

The logic of Town fans on 21:16 - Oct 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Bulgaria, New Zealand, Georgia and Gibraltar

Who did they beat directly before or after? Pretty much nobody

Who have they lost to since? Basically they aren’t very good no matter who manages them.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 21:28]
The logic of Town fans on 21:37 - Oct 16 with 3060 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The logic of Town fans on 21:22 - Oct 16 by blueislander

Who have they lost to since? Basically they aren’t very good no matter who manages them.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 21:28]

Finland, plus Slovakia in effect

No, but as per the respective records posted above they were noticeably better under one manager

So not really sure what point you’re trying to make really

The logic of Town fans on 21:45 - Oct 16 with 3050 viewsblueislander

The logic of Town fans on 21:37 - Oct 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Finland, plus Slovakia in effect

No, but as per the respective records posted above they were noticeably better under one manager

So not really sure what point you’re trying to make really

That they are a poor side, and that whoever manages them would not make much difference. But McCarthy’s style of football possibly was about the best they could hope for.
The logic of Town fans on 21:49 - Oct 16 with 3042 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The logic of Town fans on 21:45 - Oct 16 by blueislander

That they are a poor side, and that whoever manages them would not make much difference. But McCarthy’s style of football possibly was about the best they could hope for.

I agree with pretty much all of that actually

The poster I was initially addressing was arguing that they were equally terrible under McCarthy than without him though, which is quite evidently nonsense

The logic of Town fans on 22:15 - Oct 16 with 3011 viewsKeaneish

The logic of Town fans on 21:02 - Oct 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I never said it as a sleight on McCarthy so wind your neck in. He inherited a poor squad in a mess and has done nothing to improve it in his time to hand on to Kenny, it’s as simple as that. Pragmatic approaches to scraping third in an easy group is nothing to celebrate when the legacy you pass on is riddled with ageing players and under developed youth.

You can point to the upturn in results as much as you like, the football that got them (just) needs a huge overhaul.

About time you gave up the staunch pro-MM knee jerk reaction to everything. It’s really weird and cringey as well as very dated.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 22:37]

The logic of Town fans on 22:38 - Oct 16 with 2977 viewsHerbivore

The logic of Town fans on 22:15 - Oct 16 by Keaneish

I never said it as a sleight on McCarthy so wind your neck in. He inherited a poor squad in a mess and has done nothing to improve it in his time to hand on to Kenny, it’s as simple as that. Pragmatic approaches to scraping third in an easy group is nothing to celebrate when the legacy you pass on is riddled with ageing players and under developed youth.

You can point to the upturn in results as much as you like, the football that got them (just) needs a huge overhaul.

About time you gave up the staunch pro-MM knee jerk reaction to everything. It’s really weird and cringey as well as very dated.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 22:37]

Not being funny, but how could he have improved the natjonal side? It's not like international managers can sign players. The point is he did better with the limited squad at his disposal than his predecessor and successor.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The logic of Town fans on 23:00 - Oct 16 with 2950 viewsKeaneish

The logic of Town fans on 22:38 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

Not being funny, but how could he have improved the natjonal side? It's not like international managers can sign players. The point is he did better with the limited squad at his disposal than his predecessor and successor.

Tactics and coaching.

Very harsh on Kenny that given he’s not been in the job long and he has a mountain to climb. I thought MM did ok all things considered but he hasn’t helped the future of ROI football and those stats I first posted which Healy glossed over are horrendous. MM might have stemmed the flow of defeats temporarily by being more defensive minded and scraping draws, but scraping a 3rd place finish in that group is hardly anything to point to, especially not with what Kenny has inherited.

I have a lot of Irish friends who wanted MM to blood more youth to start building a future. Did he do it? No. There’s two years of lost competitive football for a lot of those players and Kenny is two years behind the curve with their progression.

No European Qualification, poor youth progression, a horrendous legacy of results in the last 3-years and no football identity. It’s a mess and everyone should take the blame, The FAI, O’Neill and McCarthy - certainly the former two rather than the latter but they’re all culpable.

The logic of Town fans on 23:03 - Oct 16 with 2944 viewsStokieBlue

The logic of Town fans on 10:33 - Oct 16 by Bluefish

Won't get you though, you are way too sharp to react.......oh

This only works if he's wrong.

Which he isn't.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The logic of Town fans on 23:04 - Oct 16 with 2943 viewspatrickswell

The logic of Town fans on 10:29 - Oct 16 by Bluefish

Not particularly. I have explained this on many occasions, we still have issues. Many of our fans can't cope wit hearing that when we win though.

The thing is, I know Lambert blew it last season, and I was one of those in 2018/19 saying “Where’s the beef?” as we were relegated without much of a fight amid a flurry of PR guestures. That’s all taken as read.

But I can’t bring myself to go, “Oi Lambert! Start failing again, pronto. You’re not fooling anyone with this start” when he’s done a number of things I hoped he would do (settle on a distinctive style of play and dial down un-necessary rotation) and has enjoyed some success with it. The fact that we followed up our least convincing league performance of the season with a thumpingly clinical victory suggests that lessons have been learned and the clean slate of a new season is deserved.
The logic of Town fans on 23:21 - Oct 16 with 2925 viewsMercian

The logic of Town fans on 23:04 - Oct 16 by patrickswell

The thing is, I know Lambert blew it last season, and I was one of those in 2018/19 saying “Where’s the beef?” as we were relegated without much of a fight amid a flurry of PR guestures. That’s all taken as read.

But I can’t bring myself to go, “Oi Lambert! Start failing again, pronto. You’re not fooling anyone with this start” when he’s done a number of things I hoped he would do (settle on a distinctive style of play and dial down un-necessary rotation) and has enjoyed some success with it. The fact that we followed up our least convincing league performance of the season with a thumpingly clinical victory suggests that lessons have been learned and the clean slate of a new season is deserved.

"Mark Robins is through on goal, he misses!" The manager is sacked, he goes on to have some success with Newcastle, bringing home a League Cup and takes Scotland to a quarter final in the Euros. In retrospect he was a good manager but never a great one and he is poorly looked upon at Manchester United and any talk of statues or stands named after him are always met with ridicule.
Ok, Lambert is no Sir Alex but managers do need time to settle in and rarely hit the ground running. I like Lambert and with the right resources think he can be a manager that returns to Ipswich to Championship play-off contenders.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 23:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024