Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taffy come home 13:04 - Oct 19 with 2622 viewsHARRY10

"A temporary national lockdown will be put into place in Wales, the Welsh first minister, Mark Drakeford, has announced.

The Welsh government believes a two-week “firebreak” — from Friday at 6pm until Monday 9 November — is vital to help bring the virus under control. "

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/19/wales-to-go-into-national-firebrea

who is next ?
Taffy come home on 13:07 - Oct 19 with 2588 viewsMonkeyAlan

It will delay it, that's all.
Taffy come home on 13:10 - Oct 19 with 2584 viewsHARRY10

Taffy come home on 13:07 - Oct 19 by MonkeyAlan

That's mostly the idea, so hospitals are not swamped
Taffy come home on 13:13 - Oct 19 with 2570 viewsSarge

Thoughts and prayers with the people of Wales
Taffy come home on 13:14 - Oct 19 with 2565 viewsSwailsey

Yeah good point - why bother?

Let’s just bin off hospitals too. And soap.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Taffy come home on 13:30 - Oct 19 with 2530 viewsfactual_blue

Hello my anal Keno.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Taffy come home on 13:33 - Oct 19 with 2520 viewsHARRY10

Taffy come home on 13:13 - Oct 19 by Sarge

Thoughts and prayers with the people of Wales

what does praying do ?

asking some imagined deity to change his mind ?
Taffy come home on 13:38 - Oct 19 with 2512 viewstonybied

Taffy come home on 13:10 - Oct 19 by HARRY10

That's mostly the idea, so hospitals are not swamped

Why do very little people understand this? We all know another lockdown won't get rid of the virus! It will just bring it back under a manageable level again now that we're heading into flu season.

The NHS is mostly under massive strain in any normal flu season, with covid on top of that the NHS will break, pure and simply it can't cope with the numbers we will be getting soon, and there will be many needless deaths.
Taffy come home on 13:40 - Oct 19 with 2509 viewsfactual_blue

Taffy come home on 13:38 - Oct 19 by tonybied

Why do very little people understand this? We all know another lockdown won't get rid of the virus! It will just bring it back under a manageable level again now that we're heading into flu season.

The NHS is mostly under massive strain in any normal flu season, with covid on top of that the NHS will break, pure and simply it can't cope with the numbers we will be getting soon, and there will be many needless deaths.

I don't think such knowledge is confined to dwarves and midgets.

Quite heightist of you to make that suggestion.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Taffy come home on 14:02 - Oct 19 with 2490 viewsHARRY10

Taffy come home on 13:40 - Oct 19 by factual_blue

I don't think such knowledge is confined to dwarves and midgets.

Quite heightist of you to make that suggestion.

I think he may be getting his government departments muddled up,

confusing the NHS with the Gnome Office
Taffy come home on 14:18 - Oct 19 with 2467 viewsSwansea_Blue

Taffy come home on 13:38 - Oct 19 by tonybied

Because all they do is look at media and social media by ring libertarians who couldn't give a feck about pulic health.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a difference this "lockdown" will have. It's nowhere near as wide reaching as the first one.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Taffy come home on 14:44 - Oct 19 with 2432 viewstonybied

Taffy come home on 14:18 - Oct 19 by Swansea_Blue

Because all they do is look at media and social media by ring libertarians who couldn't give a feck about pulic health.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a difference this "lockdown" will have. It's nowhere near as wide reaching as the first one.

A big bearing on whether this will work is how serious people take it and actually stick to the rules. I guess Wales will be a bit of a guinea pig with this new 'lockdown'. I suspect the rest of the UK will follow suit sooner or later if it's shown to help.
Taffy come home on 14:56 - Oct 19 with 2416 viewsJ2BLUE

Delaying it is a good tactic when you're heading into winter, have several vaccines with a chance of succeeding and are developing/finding new treatments.

With every day that passes, very clever people increase our chances of survival and we get a little closer to being back to normal. I'm happy to buy them some time.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Taffy come home on 16:04 - Oct 19 with 2382 viewsSarge

Taffy come home on 14:18 - Oct 19 by Swansea_Blue

Is it not? Everyone is to stay home, everything is closed and you can’t see anyone. Schools are closed because of half term so it’s fairly similar to last time isn’t it? Only last time was 3 weeks which became several months whereas this is 2 weeks but actually 17 days.
Taffy come home on 16:35 - Oct 19 with 2342 viewsSwansea_Blue

Taffy come home on 16:04 - Oct 19 by Sarge

Is it not? Everyone is to stay home, everything is closed and you can’t see anyone. Schools are closed because of half term so it’s fairly similar to last time isn’t it? Only last time was 3 weeks which became several months whereas this is 2 weeks but actually 17 days.

Sure, schools will have half term but they are not being closed for the remaining days (although yrs 9 upwards will be kept off); universities still allowed to do face to face teaching (they were shut last time); nurseries open; a possibility we may keep some kids clubs going (depending on activity); no restrictions on leaving the house for exercise unlike last time.

It's a bit of a mish mash; it's a good way towards the first lockdown in fairness, probably 70-80%.

Taffy come home on 16:37 - Oct 19 with 2337 viewsMonkeyAlan

Taffy come home on 13:14 - Oct 19 by Swailsey

Yeah good point - why bother?

Let’s just bin off hospitals too. And soap.

They will still get over run. People find excuses to see others. That's what l mean. People are fed up and don't take notice.
Taffy come home on 16:52 - Oct 19 with 2317 viewsParisBlue

Taffy come home on 16:37 - Oct 19 by MonkeyAlan

They will still get over run. People find excuses to see others. That's what l mean. People are fed up and don't take notice.

I think the lockdown was better observed in Wales than over the border to be fair.

And I expect it will be again.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Taffy come home on 17:01 - Oct 19 with 2305 viewsSwansea_Blue

Taffy come home on 14:44 - Oct 19 by tonybied

A big bearing on whether this will work is how serious people take it and actually stick to the rules. I guess Wales will be a bit of a guinea pig with this new 'lockdown'. I suspect the rest of the UK will follow suit sooner or later if it's shown to help.

Agreed. Last time the messaging was clearer and I think that helped. It seems to be fairly clear again from what I've seen, so hopefully people will adhere to it. Although there is fatigue here too.

From a personal perspective, people have been pretty good. It's mostly just people in shops with no spatial awareness who are breaching the rules (the elderly, ironically given the higher risk, seem to be by far the worse in that regard). There have been a few issues with pubs, but I suspect you'll always get that.

Taffy come home on 18:17 - Oct 19 with 2273 viewsbluelagos

Wonder why do the Welsh call it a firebreak?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Taffy come home on 18:25 - Oct 19 with 2261 viewsCoastalblue

Taffy come home on 18:17 - Oct 19 by bluelagos

Wonder why do the Welsh call it a firebreak?

Firebreak, circuit breaker, those in power seem desperate to avoid the 'lockdown' word again.

By this time next year we'll be looking at a fluffy pillow or something similar.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Taffy come home on 18:33 - Oct 19 with 2250 viewsHARRY10

Taffy come home on 18:25 - Oct 19 by Coastalblue

Firebreak, circuit breaker, those in power seem desperate to avoid the 'lockdown' word again.

By this time next year we'll be looking at a fluffy pillow or something similar.

or maybe an Australian deal (delay ?)

yes, that's it

Wales is to get an Australian delay
Taffy come home on 20:08 - Oct 19 with 2210 viewsTractorWood

Because they don't want to call it a lockdown. They also don't want to call it a circuit breaker as that's what Boris called it. Albeit he stole it from Singapore.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Taffy come home on 20:51 - Oct 19 with 2181 viewsronnyd

Taffy come home on 14:02 - Oct 19 by HARRY10

I think he may be getting his government departments muddled up,

confusing the NHS with the Gnome Office

Well, we do have to protect our Elf Service.
Taffy come home on 09:26 - Oct 20 with 2089 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think it's because they want to convey that it's quite different from the first lockdown when we went into it with no idea how long it would last. It's short, sharp break that (presumably) the modelling has shown will have an impact. Drakeford reinforced that it will only be for the 2 and a bit weeks and won't be extended. He also said we wouldn't see the impact until afterwards it's over. I suppose that makes sense given the length of incubation. It'll be interesting to see if that ends up being the case.

Taffy come home on 11:04 - Oct 20 with 2062 viewsHARRY10

So the Welshman asks his mate if he will go to watch the latest James Bond film when it finally comes out

His mate replies that he is busy

"I've no time to, Dai "
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024