Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark McGuiness - Boom 22:48 - Oct 27 with 2109 viewsMaySixth

just what we needed

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 23:26 - Oct 27 with 2040 viewseddiespearitt03

All we need is KVY back in the team and more poke up front.
Mark McGuiness - Boom on 23:35 - Oct 27 with 2012 viewsBlueBadger

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 23:26 - Oct 27 by eddiespearitt03

And a competent manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 00:34 - Oct 28 with 1933 viewsEireannach_gorm

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 23:35 - Oct 27 by BlueBadger

And a competent manager.

Now you're being silly.
Mark McGuiness - Boom on 09:26 - Oct 28 with 1598 viewsKieran_Knows

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 23:35 - Oct 27 by BlueBadger

And a competent manager.

You HATE it when we win, don't you?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 09:30 - Oct 28 with 1582 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Certainly a step up, very comfortable on the ball, good pace and presence.

Wasn't a pitch perfect performance from him, but he and Woolfenden need to be the pairing, such a step up on Nsiala/Wilson.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 12:23]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 11:37 - Oct 28 with 1459 viewsMaySixth

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 09:30 - Oct 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

Wasn't a pitch perfect performance from him, but he and Woolfenden need to be the pairing, such a step up on Nsiala/Wilson.

It's a good position to be in with four decent centre backs

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 11:40 - Oct 28 with 1445 viewsChrisd

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 09:30 - Oct 28 by TheTrueBlue1878

He also appears good in both boxes on set pieces, so hopefully he'll chip in with a few goals.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 11:46 - Oct 28 with 1435 viewsHullblue

I feel like this board has a weakness for young centre backs who are comfortable on the ball sometimes.

He looked great for 95% of the game last night and you can tell he's going to be a player - BUT... He also let them in twice - once by over-committing and once just being beaten for strength (I think - can't remember exactly). They were unlucky not to score, and if they had we'd be having very different conversations about McGuiness.

Completely agree that he and Woolfie make us look much more comfortable playing out from the back, and hopefully those two incidents were just him learning about league football, but I'm not completely convinced by him defensively yet. Hopefully he'll shut me up on Saturday.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 11:48 - Oct 28 with 1411 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I just want to spread a little bit of Woolf love, too. His first touch and control last night was incredible considering he's a Central Defender and has been out for an age.
Mark McGuiness - Boom on 11:54 - Oct 28 with 1379 viewsSE1blue

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 11:46 - Oct 28 by Hullblue

I feel like this board has a weakness for young centre backs who are comfortable on the ball sometimes.

He looked great for 95% of the game last night and you can tell he's going to be a player - BUT... He also let them in twice - once by over-committing and once just being beaten for strength (I think - can't remember exactly). They were unlucky not to score, and if they had we'd be having very different conversations about McGuiness.

Completely agree that he and Woolfie make us look much more comfortable playing out from the back, and hopefully those two incidents were just him learning about league football, but I'm not completely convinced by him defensively yet. Hopefully he'll shut me up on Saturday.

As someone whose formative football years were in the 80s, the lowered socks were enough to convince me that he's going to be excellent.

I agree with your observations. He was out-muscled inside the box and when he over committed himself I was convinced we were going behind. One game does not a player make.

BUT...in many ways he reminded me of Tony Mowbray. Solid player with a good understanding of position. At no point was he not close to his targets and he seemed to be a leading/guiding figure even though this was his debut. I think there's a lot more to come from him yet.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 11:56 - Oct 28 with 1366 viewsreusersfreekicks

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 11:46 - Oct 28 by Hullblue

This
Mark McGuiness - Boom on 12:21 - Oct 28 with 1306 viewsHullblue

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 11:54 - Oct 28 by SE1blue

As someone whose formative football years were in the 80s, the lowered socks were enough to convince me that he's going to be excellent.

I agree with your observations. He was out-muscled inside the box and when he over committed himself I was convinced we were going behind. One game does not a player make.

BUT...in many ways he reminded me of Tony Mowbray. Solid player with a good understanding of position. At no point was he not close to his targets and he seemed to be a leading/guiding figure even though this was his debut. I think there's a lot more to come from him yet.

Haha - completely agree that the socks help.

The way he strides around, turns and plays with his head up looks so natural as well. It's a much more reassuring experience than watching Toto or Wilson, and it will help us drag the opposition out of position.

I can see your Mogga comparison on the leadership front but in the way he plays I would say he's more like a right footed Mark Venus.

I just hope these qualities aren't overshadowed by defensive errors - let's see how Saturday goes, presuming he's picked again.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 12:28 - Oct 28 with 1284 viewsaardvaark

Mark McGuiness - Boom on 23:26 - Oct 27 by eddiespearitt03

BANG ON

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024