Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown 21:44 - Nov 4 with 3075 viewsvapour_trail

Latest govt uturn.

Definitely more of a priority than kids sports.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:46 - Nov 4 with 2248 viewsjeera

Will be a relief to a lot of landlords I suppose.

If kids are dipped into a pool of disinfectant before returning home they should be safe enough?

It is hard to fathom when they've been together in school all week.

Are they allowed to do sports in school still?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:47 - Nov 4 with 2249 viewsSitfcB

The Majestic Wine Warehouse is deemed an essential shop and allowed to stay open...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:54 - Nov 4 with 2210 viewsvapour_trail

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:47 - Nov 4 by SitfcB

The Majestic Wine Warehouse is deemed an essential shop and allowed to stay open...

So is Wilkos I found out today. And Homebase.

Not really a lockdown this is it. And not likely to work.

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:56 - Nov 4 with 2197 viewsvapour_trail

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:46 - Nov 4 by jeera

Will be a relief to a lot of landlords I suppose.

If kids are dipped into a pool of disinfectant before returning home they should be safe enough?

It is hard to fathom when they've been together in school all week.

Are they allowed to do sports in school still?

They’re allowed but it is hugely scaled back.

My boy plays for a good football team, they’re all in good nick generally, but a load of them came back from lockdown 1 overweight and unfit. They’re the active kids. The obesity issues we have in kids are going to be massively ramped up over this winter.

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:58 - Nov 4 with 2187 viewswkj

Definately a uturn, but one I actually support. It is also something that needs to stay in effect after the lockdown as the pub industry needs this kind of level playing field with the supermarkets.

Kids sports however, needs to be looked at - if school is okay, then so should social exercise and recreation.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 22:01 - Nov 4 with 2185 viewsjeera

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:56 - Nov 4 by vapour_trail

My boy plays for a good football team, they’re all in good nick generally, but a load of them came back from lockdown 1 overweight and unfit. They’re the active kids. The obesity issues we have in kids are going to be massively ramped up over this winter.

Kids need to be tearing about, agree with that.

That's what they're designed for.

I used to be one and can categorically say I am no longer designed for too much activity!

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 22:01 - Nov 4 with 2183 viewsvapour_trail

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:58 - Nov 4 by wkj

Definately a uturn, but one I actually support. It is also something that needs to stay in effect after the lockdown as the pub industry needs this kind of level playing field with the supermarkets.

Kids sports however, needs to be looked at - if school is okay, then so should social exercise and recreation.

It mixes bubbles so I get the logic. But:

So will opening pubs for collections. We’re doing that.

But not opening gyms where transmission is negligible. we’re not doing that.

So is opening non essential shops like wilkos. We’re doing that.

Not a lockdown, not a strategy. A shambles.

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 22:04 - Nov 4 with 2172 viewswkj

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 22:01 - Nov 4 by vapour_trail

It mixes bubbles so I get the logic. But:

So will opening pubs for collections. We’re doing that.

But not opening gyms where transmission is negligible. we’re not doing that.

So is opening non essential shops like wilkos. We’re doing that.

Not a lockdown, not a strategy. A shambles.

I agree, when BoZo came in on Sunday I was talking to Spruce and said "How is this a lockdown" - I really don't see it really changing much at all.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 23:20 - Nov 4 with 2092 viewsBlueBadger

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:54 - Nov 4 by vapour_trail

Like a lot of what the current government are doing, it's a display of being seen to do something, rather than ACTUALLY doing something.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 23:25 - Nov 4 with 2078 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:54 - Nov 4 by vapour_trail

Wilkos and Homebase were allowed to open in the full lockdown in March and April. Home repairs were, and are, considered essential.

But no, its so ambiguous, that a lot of people will ignore it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 23:38 - Nov 4 with 2059 viewsjeera

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 23:25 - Nov 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Wilkos and Homebase were allowed to open in the full lockdown in March and April. Home repairs were, and are, considered essential.

They were closed for March and April and reopened with restrictions come May.

Edit: Homebase closed through choice apparently. My mistake.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 23:41]

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 23:41 - Nov 4 with 2048 viewsvapour_trail

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 23:25 - Nov 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Not where I live.

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 23:52 - Nov 4 with 2041 viewsJ2BLUE

I was about to say can I ask a stupid question but actually I think the rules are so unclear that it's not that stupid.

Where do we stand with pubs and coffee shops? Pubs can now sell takeaway beer and the likes of Costa are open for drive through and takeaway. Same as McDonald's. So are these places exclusively for key workers and those returning from essential shopping/appointments or is it perfectly acceptable to go and drive through Costa, park up and drink your coffee in the car park?

I realise this isn't exactly vital stuff but is it allowed?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 23:55 - Nov 4 with 2029 viewsvapour_trail

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 23:52 - Nov 4 by J2BLUE

I was about to say can I ask a stupid question but actually I think the rules are so unclear that it's not that stupid.

Where do we stand with pubs and coffee shops? Pubs can now sell takeaway beer and the likes of Costa are open for drive through and takeaway. Same as McDonald's. So are these places exclusively for key workers and those returning from essential shopping/appointments or is it perfectly acceptable to go and drive through Costa, park up and drink your coffee in the car park?

I expect so. The pubs that initially opened round my way in June quickly built up a cohort of pissheads remaining in close proximity.

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 07:32 - Nov 5 with 1853 viewstextbackup

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 21:56 - Nov 4 by vapour_trail

I really don't understand this "its cold so we cant exercise"

if anything winter exercise is easier to crack on with than hot sticky summer exercise

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 07:33 - Nov 5 with 1847 viewstextbackup

shops like that were open in the first one also

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 07:47 - Nov 5 with 1824 viewsvindicatedblue

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 23:38 - Nov 4 by jeera

They were closed for March and April and reopened with restrictions come May.

Edit: Homebase closed through choice apparently. My mistake.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 23:41]

B & Q were allowed to open from the get go but closed for a few weeks whilst they put in place what they believed were the best safety measures. First it was click and collect in the car park. Then it was a queueing system in store and restrictions on numbers.

This time they have all these measures in place so it’s easier to stay open.
Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 07:57 - Nov 5 with 1814 viewsWeWereZombies

It is going to boil down to drive through pubs for key workers only.

And that is all that will be allowed, if you want something from the supermarket then you have to ring them up and get it delivered to the pub, then persuade a key worker to collect it for you. Which they will do if your kids are prepared to run alongside their car carrying their beer.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:10 - Nov 5 with 1792 viewsvapour_trail

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 07:32 - Nov 5 by textbackup

if anything winter exercise is easier to crack on with than hot sticky summer exercise

Eh? Sticky summer exercise?

In the same way that it’s easier to have snowball fights in the summer.

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:16 - Nov 5 with 1772 viewsvindicatedblue

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:10 - Nov 5 by vapour_trail

Eh? Sticky summer exercise?

In the same way that it’s easier to have snowball fights in the summer.

For me, the sweet spot is Late September though to the end of October. Then March and early April.

Not too hot or cold. A nice breeze and a little drizzle. Get my best times in those months.

A scorching hot day is great for the first ten minutes, then it’s a fcukin hard slog.
Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:25 - Nov 5 with 1756 viewsbluelagos

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:16 - Nov 5 by vindicatedblue

For me, the sweet spot is Late September though to the end of October. Then March and early April.

Not too hot or cold. A nice breeze and a little drizzle. Get my best times in those months.

A scorching hot day is great for the first ten minutes, then it’s a fcukin hard slog.

Speaking as a top endurance athlete/cyclist* - am with you. Spring/Autumn perfect for exercise. Summer heat of day is a fcker, as is the freezing cold days of winter.

* I maybe slightly over playing my hand here.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:26 - Nov 5 with 1750 viewsvindicatedblue

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:25 - Nov 5 by bluelagos

Speaking as a top endurance athlete/cyclist* - am with you. Spring/Autumn perfect for exercise. Summer heat of day is a fcker, as is the freezing cold days of winter.

* I maybe slightly over playing my hand here.

I prefer the term “elite athlete” 😁
Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:27 - Nov 5 with 1754 viewsDubtractor

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 07:32 - Nov 5 by textbackup

Its not hard to understand boss.

People, old or young, are far more likely to want to get outside when it is light and warm, than if it is dark cold and wet.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:27 - Nov 5 with 1757 viewsitfcjoe

I guess if they are open they need more trade than those passing on essential journeys.

But this lockdown going to be totally different, and pointless - in the first one the roads were dead for weeks, that won't be the case on this one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:47 - Nov 5 with 1733 viewstextbackup

Pubs now allowed to sell takeaway beer in lockdown on 08:27 - Nov 5 by Dubtractor

Its not hard to understand boss.

People, old or young, are far more likely to want to get outside when it is light and warm, than if it is dark cold and wet.

so that's just a piss poor excuse to get out of exercising then. summer bodies are made in the winter.
nothing better than a 5am wake up, cold and horrible, then hammer a workout to wake u up ready for the day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024