Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. 09:59 - Nov 16 with 4366 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Who plays the anchor role next 3 games (Shrewsbury, Hull, Charlton).

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 17:14 - Nov 16 with 532 viewsBlueBadger

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 17:08 - Nov 16 by jayessess

Edwards and Judge on the flanks.

Nah, it'll be Judge, Huws, Bishop in midfield and Sears and Edwards left and right, respectively.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 19:52 - Nov 16 with 495 viewsJermynblue

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:19 - Nov 16 by clive_baker

It's going to depend largely on which division we're in next season. If we're looking at the Championship, no salary cap and a new sense of excitement off the back of promotion and pent up demand to watch some footie at Portman Road we could well be more forthcoming with contracts for the likes of Chambers, Nydam, Edwards etc. Salary cap is going to play a big role in it all if we're still in L1. We'll need to make some tough decisions. The only ones I'm particularly keen to keep are Dozzell, Jackson and Bishop, to be honest.

Ward, Skuse & Chambers aren't getting any younger, Nydam has never fulfilled his early potential, and I wouldn't lose sleep over any of the others.

I don't think it will be as straightforward as some assume when it comes to deciding which players we offer terms to whose contracts expire at the end of this season, particularly for those where their salary is above the average salary that applied this year. Every player whose contract expires this summer will be planning for next season from 1 January when they can enter in talks with new clubs. They will be concerned to get something sorted early rather than wait until the end of the season. I am sure some will get offers and then the club will have to make a decision on whether to match it and if so what implications that will have regarding the salary cap. For example some clubs in League 1 might target one of our players to be one of their higher earners. A championship club might make an offer for one of our better players. What do we do then? It will be very unlikely that all the players that we want to keep will still be available at the end of the season for the wage that we can pay under the salary cap.
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 20:51 - Nov 16 with 473 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 16:27 - Nov 16 by Bluefish

It isnt normal to still be indifferent about someone doing so much damage and someone so incapable

Lambert needs to get us out of this league this year, and we’ve made a good start, but it’s just a start.

It’s perfectly normal to have my own personal opinions on Lambert. It’s further normal to not be convinced either and to wait to see how things play out.

We don’t all have to be split or divisive whether we are Lambert In or Lambert Out. We don’t have to ram it into the minds of others because people dare not be of the same opinion as you.

It’s ‘perfectly normal’ to be neutral and to watch and analyse how things unfold in front of us this season.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 21:01 - Nov 16 with 466 viewsBluefish

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 20:51 - Nov 16 by TheTrueBlue1878

Lambert needs to get us out of this league this year, and we’ve made a good start, but it’s just a start.

It’s perfectly normal to have my own personal opinions on Lambert. It’s further normal to not be convinced either and to wait to see how things play out.

We don’t all have to be split or divisive whether we are Lambert In or Lambert Out. We don’t have to ram it into the minds of others because people dare not be of the same opinion as you.

It’s ‘perfectly normal’ to be neutral and to watch and analyse how things unfold in front of us this season.

Lambert out

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 23:47 - Nov 16 with 431 viewsreusersfreekicks

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 14:31 - Nov 16 by Bluefish

I believe in playing the players to fit the system so

McGavin Huws Bishop

Huws is not on form but nowhere near as bad as people have made him out this season but importantly adds size to the midfield.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 15:23]

Huws has been terrible
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:10 - Nov 17 with 376 viewsDarth_Koont

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 23:47 - Nov 16 by reusersfreekicks

Huws has been terrible

Terrible is a bit harsh. I think he’s been pretty invisible and not shown spells like Dozzell, Bishop and Nolan have at times. But they all appear to have clear roles when they’ve looked good.

It may be chicken and egg and Huws has to show his role more clearly but he seems to be a general all-rounder in a midfield that rarely dominates but is meant to free up an attacking three. In that scenario, it’s unlikely that the midfield can all be trying stuff on the ball or getting forward.

Whether it’s him still struggling to come back after injury, playing a more subdued role or a combination of the two, we know he’s been capable of much more in the past.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:28 - Nov 17 with 354 viewsPJH

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:10 - Nov 17 by Darth_Koont

Terrible is a bit harsh. I think he’s been pretty invisible and not shown spells like Dozzell, Bishop and Nolan have at times. But they all appear to have clear roles when they’ve looked good.

It may be chicken and egg and Huws has to show his role more clearly but he seems to be a general all-rounder in a midfield that rarely dominates but is meant to free up an attacking three. In that scenario, it’s unlikely that the midfield can all be trying stuff on the ball or getting forward.

Whether it’s him still struggling to come back after injury, playing a more subdued role or a combination of the two, we know he’s been capable of much more in the past.

That is the thing with Huws because IF he is now considered to be fully fit or very close to it then I would be expecting him to have as good as cemented a starting place and then being outstanding-at this level.

He has been a disappointment since his return because with his known ability he should be dominating games at this level, as should Judge be in my opinion.

It is getting to the stage where we have to wonder if he will ever come back to what he was.

If he is fully fit and is playing to instructions then it would seem that his abilities are being wasted.
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:34 - Nov 17 with 337 viewsBluefish

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:28 - Nov 17 by PJH

That is the thing with Huws because IF he is now considered to be fully fit or very close to it then I would be expecting him to have as good as cemented a starting place and then being outstanding-at this level.

He has been a disappointment since his return because with his known ability he should be dominating games at this level, as should Judge be in my opinion.

It is getting to the stage where we have to wonder if he will ever come back to what he was.

If he is fully fit and is playing to instructions then it would seem that his abilities are being wasted.

I think he just looks rusty and rebuilding confidence, as DK says he is different to our other midfielders and should have a role to complement them. I think Downes described him a beast and it shows what have a big player next to you allows you to add to your own game. He is getting far harsher criticism than the others, partly because of the expectation but because of the Mick link for a few. He really hasn't been that bad, he has been inconsistent and average but so has Nolan and many others in the team

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:38 - Nov 17 with 329 viewsDarth_Koont

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:28 - Nov 17 by PJH

Yes, if it’s fitness and/or mental then that’s down to him to resolve if he can.

But it makes sense that he’s given a more general and supporting role compared to the others. We want Dozzell on the ball finding ways through the defence, we want Nolan using his freakish running to get up to the centre forward as much as possible, and we want Teddy running at defenders. In these scenarios, Huws is going to play more of a supporting role and covering gaps.

But I don’t know if that’s definitely the case, I’m just trying to understand why he’s not stood out or made those late-arriving runs he showed when he first joined. On his day, he’s a sublime player but maybe those days have gone.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:48 - Nov 17 with 321 viewsitfcjoe

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:34 - Nov 17 by Bluefish

I think he just looks rusty and rebuilding confidence, as DK says he is different to our other midfielders and should have a role to complement them. I think Downes described him a beast and it shows what have a big player next to you allows you to add to your own game. He is getting far harsher criticism than the others, partly because of the expectation but because of the Mick link for a few. He really hasn't been that bad, he has been inconsistent and average but so has Nolan and many others in the team

The fact he didn't get a minute when Nolan was suspended and we played Judge and Lankester in central roles shows where he is seen at the moment, and sadly that's just going nowhere

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:53 - Nov 17 with 318 viewsPJH

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:38 - Nov 17 by Darth_Koont

Yes, if it’s fitness and/or mental then that’s down to him to resolve if he can.

But it makes sense that he’s given a more general and supporting role compared to the others. We want Dozzell on the ball finding ways through the defence, we want Nolan using his freakish running to get up to the centre forward as much as possible, and we want Teddy running at defenders. In these scenarios, Huws is going to play more of a supporting role and covering gaps.

But I don’t know if that’s definitely the case, I’m just trying to understand why he’s not stood out or made those late-arriving runs he showed when he first joined. On his day, he’s a sublime player but maybe those days have gone.

If those days are gone for him it is obviously because of injury and not age and it would be a pity because he should be outstanding at this level and maybe at the level above- if we ever get back there.

I agree that Dozzell needs to be on the ball as much as possible and Bish running at defenders but Nolan would never be in a starting team of mine if there is much choice in midfield.
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:36 - Nov 17 with 291 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:10 - Nov 17 by Darth_Koont

Huws has been very poor.

Like you say whether that is struggling for confidence I'm not sure.

He's probably what you class as 'fit' now, hasn't had an injury in over 12 months I don't think (touch-wood).

He looks really poor right now though, slow, lethargic, passive.

There is a reason he's a little down the pecking order right now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024