Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. 09:59 - Nov 16 with 4378 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Who plays the anchor role next 3 games (Shrewsbury, Hull, Charlton).

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:19 - Nov 16 with 1137 viewsclive_baker

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:22 - Nov 16 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think by my opinion there is lot that will be heading for the exit door in the summer.

I think expiring contracts are; Wright, Chambers, Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien, Ward, Skuse, Huws, Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam, Judge, El Mizouni, Edwards, Sears, Jackson, Drinan

I understand some of them have options

Dozzell/Bishop/Edwards/El Mizouni/Drinan - only ones I'd be looking to renegotiate there.

EDIT: Chambers and Ward - should have been added.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 12:23]

It's going to depend largely on which division we're in next season. If we're looking at the Championship, no salary cap and a new sense of excitement off the back of promotion and pent up demand to watch some footie at Portman Road we could well be more forthcoming with contracts for the likes of Chambers, Nydam, Edwards etc. Salary cap is going to play a big role in it all if we're still in L1. We'll need to make some tough decisions. The only ones I'm particularly keen to keep are Dozzell, Jackson and Bishop, to be honest.

Ward, Skuse & Chambers aren't getting any younger, Nydam has never fulfilled his early potential, and I wouldn't lose sleep over any of the others.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:22 - Nov 16 with 1130 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:49 - Nov 16 by JackPITFC

So you wouldn't extend Chambers? ridiculous if you ask me.

Apologises, should have added Chambers/Ward to the list. Don't know why I didn't.

First and foremost I would go and get Eoghan O'Connell from Rochdale as a priorty when his deal expires in the summer. Been impressed with him on occassions we have played them.

Ward, Kenlock, O'Connell, Woolfenden, Chambers, Ndaba, KVY are good defensive options.

Oh and by the way, I wasn't asking you
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 12:22]

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:23 - Nov 16 with 1113 viewsDarth_Koont

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:19 - Nov 16 by clive_baker

It's going to depend largely on which division we're in next season. If we're looking at the Championship, no salary cap and a new sense of excitement off the back of promotion and pent up demand to watch some footie at Portman Road we could well be more forthcoming with contracts for the likes of Chambers, Nydam, Edwards etc. Salary cap is going to play a big role in it all if we're still in L1. We'll need to make some tough decisions. The only ones I'm particularly keen to keep are Dozzell, Jackson and Bishop, to be honest.

Ward, Skuse & Chambers aren't getting any younger, Nydam has never fulfilled his early potential, and I wouldn't lose sleep over any of the others.

Nydam has been particularly unlucky with Hurst and then injury.

Prior to that he was looking better than Downes. We need to see him back to fitness anyway but I think it would be madness to think about getting rid before he’s even had a chance to re-establish himself.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:25 - Nov 16 with 1108 viewsHerbivore

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:22 - Nov 16 by TheTrueBlue1878

I think by my opinion there is lot that will be heading for the exit door in the summer.

I think expiring contracts are; Wright, Chambers, Wilson, Nsiala, Donacien, Ward, Skuse, Huws, Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam, Judge, El Mizouni, Edwards, Sears, Jackson, Drinan

I understand some of them have options

Dozzell/Bishop/Edwards/El Mizouni/Drinan - only ones I'd be looking to renegotiate there.

EDIT: Chambers and Ward - should have been added.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 12:23]

You'd let Jackson go but keep Drinan? Madness. Jackson was our best forward last season, Drinan has played half a league game for us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:26 - Nov 16 with 1114 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:19 - Nov 16 by clive_baker

Salary Cap will be huge if we don't go up.

Bishop and Dozzell where funds would go if had to. Can't imagine El Miz or Nydam collecting big dough yet.

If we had to let the likes of Chambers/Ward to go to fund keeping the youth I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:29 - Nov 16 with 1100 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:25 - Nov 16 by Herbivore

You'd let Jackson go but keep Drinan? Madness. Jackson was our best forward last season, Drinan has played half a league game for us.

Drinan will be on peanuts.

Could we afford to keep Jackson, I don't know.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 12:31]

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:49 - Nov 16 with 1069 viewsgetawig

McGavin should be given the chance but Lambert will get Nolen and Judge into the midfield.
Going forward I would tweak the formation into a 4231 with Andre and McGavin as the 2 Edwards Bishop Lankester the 3 behind Norwood if fit
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:58 - Nov 16 with 1033 viewsHerbivore

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:29 - Nov 16 by TheTrueBlue1878

Drinan will be on peanuts.

Could we afford to keep Jackson, I don't know.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 12:31]

I like that you're working on the assumption we're still going to be stuck in League 1. And to think you were backing Lambert until relatively recently.

Login to get fewer ads

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 13:10 - Nov 16 with 1027 viewsm14_blue

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:00 - Nov 16 by Bluefish

I wouldn't want to change the system but I would want to change the manager. Perhaps try and get a real one in before then

Do you not rate Lambert?
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 13:13 - Nov 16 with 1021 viewshoppy

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:04 - Nov 16 by catch74

So you’ve finally nailed your colours to the mast, you’re a Lambert outer!?

Every day is a learning day...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 14:09 - Nov 16 with 994 viewsjayessess

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:49 - Nov 16 by JackPITFC

So you wouldn't extend Chambers? ridiculous if you ask me.

Ridiculous?
He's 35, isn't it about time we moved on?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 14:16 - Nov 16 with 990 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 12:58 - Nov 16 by Herbivore

I like that you're working on the assumption we're still going to be stuck in League 1. And to think you were backing Lambert until relatively recently.

We won't be stuck here, its where we belong right now.

He'll be here for a long time yet.

Whats wrong with backing the manager 'until recently'?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 14:21 - Nov 16 with 980 viewsHerbivore

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 14:16 - Nov 16 by TheTrueBlue1878

We won't be stuck here, its where we belong right now.

He'll be here for a long time yet.

Whats wrong with backing the manager 'until recently'?

It's not "where we belong" at all.

I hope you're wrong.

It's been obvious for a long time that he's utterly hopeless, bizarre that you've only seemed to see it in recent weeks.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 14:31 - Nov 16 with 976 viewsBluefish

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 11:02 - Nov 16 by SomethingBlue

Given that won't happen, what's your midfield for Shrewsbury?

I believe in playing the players to fit the system so

McGavin Huws Bishop

Huws is not on form but nowhere near as bad as people have made him out this season but importantly adds size to the midfield.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 15:23]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 14:33 - Nov 16 with 971 viewsjayessess

It'll be McGavin-Nolan-Bishop if they're fit.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 15:21 - Nov 16 with 951 viewsGarv

For me it's McGavin, Nolan and probably Lankester, based on his goal threat. Could use Judge instead for a bit more experience.

Brain fart - must have assumed Bishop was injured.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 15:22]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 15:35 - Nov 16 with 936 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 14:21 - Nov 16 by Herbivore

It's not "where we belong" at all.

I hope you're wrong.

It's been obvious for a long time that he's utterly hopeless, bizarre that you've only seemed to see it in recent weeks.

Of course we do, we were one of the worst Championship teams in 18/19 after the Hurst reign of horror, which set this club back many year.

We finished 11th in League 1 last year and looked pretty average over the course of the season.

Explain to me how we don't belong here.

Hurst ruined us that summer, and Lambert could do very little, naive to think otherwise. We had a great start last year and fell away after Xmas, and seriously fell away which is when my eyebrows were raised.

BUT I liked what he did in the summer, and I remain hopeful that it will and still could by the way. We've had another good start to the season. Next 8 the litmus test for me.

I don't know why it is 'bizarre' that I have a different opinion to you, it is very much allowed. Although most on here know your approach when someone does differ in opinion unfortunately.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 15:39]

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 15:40 - Nov 16 with 927 viewsBluefish

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 15:35 - Nov 16 by TheTrueBlue1878

Of course we do, we were one of the worst Championship teams in 18/19 after the Hurst reign of horror, which set this club back many year.

We finished 11th in League 1 last year and looked pretty average over the course of the season.

Hurst ruined us that summer, and Lambert could do very little, naive to think otherwise. We had a great start last year and fell away after Xmas, and seriously fell away which is when my eyebrows were raised.

BUT I liked what he did in the summer, and I remain hopeful that it will and still could by the way. We've had another good start to the season. Next 8 the litmus test for me.

I don't know why it is 'bizarre' that I have a different opinion to you, it is very much allowed. Although most on here know your approach when someone does differ in opinion unfortunately.

It is bizarre that after 2 years here he has failed in the ultimate way both time. Relegated in last place without any fight at all was 0/10. Managing to finish 11th in this division with our resources was beyond worst case comprehension at best he is 1/10. This season we are still far from conniving probably around 5/10

How cannyou still not be sure? If we finish 10th will you still need another season? Perhaps 7th will show plenty of progress

Is your jury still out on keane or Jewell as well? They didn't have as long for you to decide

It is a nonsense the bloke is a fraud and destroying this club at a time where the salary cap threatens our future

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 15:57 - Nov 16 with 900 viewsHerbivore

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 15:35 - Nov 16 by TheTrueBlue1878

Championship performance isn't really relevant, it's a much better league. Rotherham went down with fewer points a couple of years before us and went straight back up. It's unusual for relegated sides not to challenge at the top end these days. And we managed to keep our sqaud together and actually add to it.

We finished 11th because we have a clueless clown for a manager. This squad ought to have been top 6 as a bare minimum, really should have been top 2. And that's not because we're particularly amazing, it's because this leave is dross. Wycombe got out of it with a bunch pub players through being organised, ffs.

It's bizarre you've kept faith with Lambert for so long. He's done a terrible job here but you've continued to cheerlead for him up until the last few weeks. He's not shown anything different in these last few weeks though, it's all been there to see for a year or so now. That's why I find it bizarre you've now changed your tune somewhat.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 16:26 - Nov 16 with 877 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 15:57 - Nov 16 by Herbivore

Championship performance isn't really relevant, it's a much better league. Rotherham went down with fewer points a couple of years before us and went straight back up. It's unusual for relegated sides not to challenge at the top end these days. And we managed to keep our sqaud together and actually add to it.

We finished 11th because we have a clueless clown for a manager. This squad ought to have been top 6 as a bare minimum, really should have been top 2. And that's not because we're particularly amazing, it's because this leave is dross. Wycombe got out of it with a bunch pub players through being organised, ffs.

It's bizarre you've kept faith with Lambert for so long. He's done a terrible job here but you've continued to cheerlead for him up until the last few weeks. He's not shown anything different in these last few weeks though, it's all been there to see for a year or so now. That's why I find it bizarre you've now changed your tune somewhat.

Why is it bizarre for someone to change their opinion, I don't understand that point of view.

Listen I'm still along long way away from throwing full tantrums like yourself or Bluefish, but I wouldn’t be upset should Lambert leave tomorrow.

But the reality is, he won't be sacked sitting 3rd in the league, it's not going to happen. He's earnt himself at least the next 8 games.

Doncaster and Lincoln were poor outtings, Sunderland much much better, but as I said the next 8 are the biggest in Lamberts time here, and will give us a measuring stick as to where we are.

Just relax a little, it's normal for people to have different opinions, and it's perfectly ok, and certainly not 'bizarre'.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2020 20:43]

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 16:27 - Nov 16 with 867 viewsBluefish

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 16:26 - Nov 16 by TheTrueBlue1878

Why is it bizarre for someone to change their opinion, I don't understand that point of view.

Listen I'm still along long way away from throwing full tantrums like yourself or Bluefish, but I wouldn’t be upset should Lambert leave tomorrow.

But the reality is, he won't be sacked sitting 3rd in the league, it's not going to happen. He's earnt himself at least the next 8 games.

Doncaster and Lincoln were poor outtings, Sunderland much much better, but as I said the next 8 are the biggest in Lamberts time here, and will give us a measuring stick as to where we are.

Just relax a little, it's normal for people to have different opinions, and it's perfectly ok, and certainly not 'bizarre'.

It isnt normal to still be indifferent about someone doing so much damage and someone so incapable

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 16:28 - Nov 16 with 863 viewsHerbivore

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 16:26 - Nov 16 by TheTrueBlue1878

That's not really addressed anything I've said, but hey ho. Enjoy the rest of your day. Lambert out.

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 16:37 - Nov 16 with 861 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 10:51 - Nov 16 by tractorboy1978

Well he did more in that one game than Huws has done all season. If we don't trust him now, when are we going to?

Mcgavin 2nd half v Pompey he played really well. His Corners were threatening .
Playing with that confidence he is a 1st team player.
Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 17:04 - Nov 16 with 837 viewsBlueBadger

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 14:33 - Nov 16 by jayessess

It'll be McGavin-Nolan-Bishop if they're fit.

There is no no way Lambert isn't going to try to shoe-horn Judge in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 17:08 - Nov 16 with 830 viewsjayessess

Just thought, Dozzell suspended, Downes & Skuse out. on 17:04 - Nov 16 by BlueBadger

There is no no way Lambert isn't going to try to shoe-horn Judge in.

Edwards and Judge on the flanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024