Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) 11:04 - Nov 19 with 4761 viewsBluefish

Well said

Bound to not be controversial on here at all

Do naughty words count if they are not towards the manager? In fact those were even naughty words, they were just letters

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 14:55 - Nov 19 with 711 viewsBlueBadger

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 12:21 - Nov 19 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m gonna say it.. the world has gone mad.

It’s a word in a song ffs.

There's a lot of songs with a lot of offensive words in them.

THOSE songs don't get their offensive words aired on the radio either.

Meh.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 16:51 - Nov 19 with 649 viewsMonkeyAlan

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 14:55 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

There's a lot of songs with a lot of offensive words in them.

THOSE songs don't get their offensive words aired on the radio either.

Meh.

It's a Xmas classic. Has charted every year since 2005, someone obviously doesn't find it offensive. Get over it man.
Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 16:55 - Nov 19 with 635 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 16:51 - Nov 19 by MonkeyAlan

It's a Xmas classic. Has charted every year since 2005, someone obviously doesn't find it offensive. Get over it man.

What does it matter? Unless you feel the need to shout faggot repeatedly over the Christmas period this isn't a big deal at all. Especially as the pre-watershed version is often played already anyway. Factor in that the people who own the song also also quite ok with the pre-watershed version, I really don't see why anyone could get worked up over it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 17:03 - Nov 19 with 619 viewsMonkeyAlan

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 16:55 - Nov 19 by Swansea_Blue

What does it matter? Unless you feel the need to shout faggot repeatedly over the Christmas period this isn't a big deal at all. Especially as the pre-watershed version is often played already anyway. Factor in that the people who own the song also also quite ok with the pre-watershed version, I really don't see why anyone could get worked up over it.

Agreed. Let's all just get over it instead of trying to create yet another thing to get all PC over. The world has gone mad, and not just recently.
Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 17:06 - Nov 19 with 617 viewsHerbivore

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 17:03 - Nov 19 by MonkeyAlan

Agreed. Let's all just get over it instead of trying to create yet another thing to get all PC over. The world has gone mad, and not just recently.

The only person struggling to get over stuff here is you it seems.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 17:55 - Nov 19 with 583 viewsHARRY10

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 17:06 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

The only person struggling to get over stuff here is you it seems.

" In a more blatant rebuttal of calls for a boycott of Radio 1, the band retweeted a post by actor-turned-right-wing-commentator Laurence Fox.

In it, he wrote: “Here we go again. The cultural commissars at the @bbc are telling you what is and isn’t appropriate for your ignorant little ears. Wouldn’t it be nice if we sent the (proper) version to the top of the charts? #DefundTheBBC. RT."

But rather than an endorse his message, they captioned the re-tweet: “F*** off you little herrenvolk s****.”

Well said them
Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 09:22 - Nov 20 with 503 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our local radio station played it this morning. Watershed version. What I hadn't appreciated before I that the word slag is also scrubbed out in the preceding verse. Not replaced with an alternative, just made indecipherable, which works for Shane Macgowan as you assume he was too pissed to speak properly.

Funny how people aren't too worried about that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 09:33 - Nov 20 with 490 viewsbluelagos

For those keen to hear/avoid said lyrics, Radio 1 is changing the lyrics, Radio i2 s playing the original and Radio 6 are leaving each DJ to choose.

Some very impressive fence sitting from the beeb.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 09:39 - Nov 20 with 484 viewshaynes_toe1

Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 12:52 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

This is true, but in some respects I'd find it more problematic if the song just used the word "gay" as an insult. Faggott is a nasty and offensive word, but is the insult meant to be that he is gay or is she just using a nasty and offensive word? I think it's a bit of a grey area, but have no issue with it being edited if it does cause offence to the gay community.

I think this is spot on.

The point is are the gay community actually offended or are they not bothered and people are simply raising a problem on their behalf, without asking them what their thoughts are?

If the gay community are offended then by all means edit. If they're not, carry on.
Fairytale of New York (contains naughty words) on 10:51 - Nov 20 with 449 viewsTJS

I can't see how playing an edited version is remotely an issue.
I'm sure you are still free to download /listen to/buy the unedited version if it's that important to you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024