Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Younger Generation 14:22 - Nov 25 with 719 viewsMetal_Hacker

I really do feel for them when they see the likes of those old enough and to have witnessed 3 of our biggest moments in my generation and very unlikely at present to witness times like it ever again

Now being a mere 50+ I was unfortunate enough to be living in Great Yarmouth in 78 and was treated to an FA Cup Final , I was 10 years of age. We moved to Ipswich and lived on Cox Lane where my old man (as already mentioned ) ran the General Gordon and was treated to tickets for both legs of the UEFA Cup Final in 80-81. Years later I had moved to Nottingham but kept close ties to mates in Ipswich who got me a ticket for the Play Off Final

Amazing times and more than a distant memory

The young kids must wonder wtf us older folk bang on about at times

If only they knew ...sad sad times

Poll: If it were one or the other

The Younger Generation on 14:29 - Nov 25 with 679 viewsDanTheMan

As someone who is (just) in their 30s, I've had basically one small moment of joy watching Ipswich as a child and followed by a slow but steady decay.

2/10 overall I'd say.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Younger Generation on 14:32 - Nov 25 with 664 viewsJackPITFC

The Younger Generation on 14:29 - Nov 25 by DanTheMan

As someone who is (just) in their 30s, I've had basically one small moment of joy watching Ipswich as a child and followed by a slow but steady decay.

2/10 overall I'd say.

Early 20's myself and as bad as it sounds Shefki Kuqi with his swallow dive and the one season from Murphy are the only shining lights, yet somehow i still commit to a season ticket season upon season.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 14:33]
The Younger Generation on 14:35 - Nov 25 with 649 viewsMetal_Hacker

The Younger Generation on 14:32 - Nov 25 by JackPITFC

Early 20's myself and as bad as it sounds Shefki Kuqi with his swallow dive and the one season from Murphy are the only shining lights, yet somehow i still commit to a season ticket season upon season.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 14:33]

This is it .....kills me thinking some of you guys haven't had those experiences and then wondering what we're banging on about

I'd be quite happy right now having a cup run

The Younger Generation on 14:38 - Nov 25 with 641 viewshoppy

The Younger Generation on 14:35 - Nov 25 by Metal_Hacker

This is it .....kills me thinking some of you guys haven't had those experiences and then wondering what we're banging on about

"I'd be quite happy right now having a cup run"

Explain yourself a bit more, for the benefit of the younger members, that may not know what one of those is?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The Younger Generation on 14:39 - Nov 25 with 629 viewsMetal_Hacker

The Younger Generation on 14:38 - Nov 25 by hoppy

"I'd be quite happy right now having a cup run"

Explain yourself a bit more, for the benefit of the younger members, that may not know what one of those is?

The Younger Generation on 14:52 - Nov 25 with 591 viewsFrimleyBlue

The Younger Generation on 14:35 - Nov 25 by Metal_Hacker

Hang on. You mean we've not always gone out in the first round?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The Younger Generation on 14:56 - Nov 25 with 578 viewswkj

My favourite memory recently was on my birthday when we beat Crystal Palace 3-0. Nouble decided he wanted to be a footballer that day, but the thing I enjoyed most was getting food poisoning from the burger van near planet blue and making it home just in time to avoid staining my undies.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The Younger Generation on 15:01 - Nov 25 with 561 viewsblueislander

There are one or two of us on here who go further back. Beating both Real Madrid and Barcelona at Portman Road. Winning the !st Division , 2 promotions to the !st Division , and even getting promoted from the 3rd Division South.
Login to get fewer ads

The Younger Generation on 15:06 - Nov 25 with 542 viewsallezlesbleus

I am the same age as you and completely agree.

I was fortunate enough to go to most home games from 76 onwards, including many special European Cup nights. We used to go expecting to beat whoever we were playing and frequently did.

Fast forward to now and my son who is 19, has the "highlight" of a League Cup semi final 1st leg victory. Shocking how our great club has declined.

I also agree about a half decent cup run.......but can't see that happening with Evans in charge.

Sad times.
The Younger Generation on 15:55 - Nov 25 with 475 viewsTJS

I started going regularly in 1992.
I was a bit in awe of the older generation of supporters who had seen the amazing teams of the 70's and early 80's
Now its come full circle and the teams of the 90's and early 2000's seem light years away from where we are now.
The Younger Generation on 16:02 - Nov 25 with 463 viewsGeoffSentence

The Younger Generation on 14:52 - Nov 25 by FrimleyBlue

Hang on. You mean we've not always gone out in the first round?

Some of us can remember the days when we always got through the third round of the FA Cup.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Younger Generation on 16:07 - Nov 25 with 449 viewshype313

It's been a complete roller-coaster for me, starting out in the turgid years between 85-91 and they were bad, forget how bad the John Duncan era was, to then have that promotion winning team, inaugural PL season, some big scalps, going to Liverpool in the FA Cup 3rd round that was a great night, the 9-0 drubbing, the agony of the late 90's play off defeats followed by the ecstacy of 2000 and then the year or two after of success, European nights, beating Inter Milan, the Royle years were a fun ride, but it's been nothing but abject depression since 2008.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Younger Generation on 16:07 - Nov 25 with 447 viewsronnyd

The Younger Generation on 14:56 - Nov 25 by wkj

My favourite memory recently was on my birthday when we beat Crystal Palace 3-0. Nouble decided he wanted to be a footballer that day, but the thing I enjoyed most was getting food poisoning from the burger van near planet blue and making it home just in time to avoid staining my undies.

Sure it wasn't the ten pints you had before the burger?
The Younger Generation on 16:08 - Nov 25 with 439 viewsronnyd

The Younger Generation on 14:56 - Nov 25 by wkj

Sure it wasn't the ten pints you had before the burger?

EDIT, Sorry about the echo, Fat fingers and steamed up specs.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 16:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024