Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A twtd post that made the news 16:07 - Dec 1 with 511 viewsFrimleyBlue

Dont know if it's something that can be found. But what was the forum post that was totally made up that made it to the news.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A twtd post that made the news on 16:07 - Dec 1 with 501 viewswkj

It was something to do with a factual post about Bury St Edmunds.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A twtd post that made the news on 16:08 - Dec 1 with 494 viewsSitfcB

Saab. Pothole.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A twtd post that made the news on 16:09 - Dec 1 with 477 viewsSpruceMoose

A twtd post that made the news on 16:08 - Dec 1 by SitfcB

Saab. Pothole.

Not 12th_Man then...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A twtd post that made the news on 16:09 - Dec 1 with 461 viewsTieDyedIn95

The one about the consortium from Holland trying to buy the club off of Evans, led by a former Swansea season ticket holder. That got all over the internet and it was entirely made up, much like the Evans Out protest last season which was made up by a joker on Twitter who somehow got it covered on the local news.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

A twtd post that made the news on 16:13 - Dec 1 with 433 viewshype313

Wasn't the Ronnie Moore story made up on here to hit the sports sections of the national press?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A twtd post that made the news on 16:19 - Dec 1 with 384 viewsSitfcB

A twtd post that made the news on 16:09 - Dec 1 by SpruceMoose

Not 12th_Man then...

👀

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A twtd post that made the news on 16:19 - Dec 1 with 387 viewsBlueBadger

https://imgur.com/QF7D6

A bit small, you'll probably end to zoom it in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A twtd post that made the news on 16:21 - Dec 1 with 358 viewsKeno

I think it was Cotty who started a rumour but us signing a couple of young players from Real Madrid that ended up with DD asking Jim about them in a press conference

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

A twtd post that made the news on 16:21 - Dec 1 with 353 viewsSpruceMoose

A twtd post that made the news on 16:19 - Dec 1 by BlueBadger

https://imgur.com/QF7D6

A bit small, you'll probably end to zoom it in.

Name of J2's sex tape.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A twtd post that made the news on 16:22 - Dec 1 with 348 viewsSwansea_Blue

A twtd post that made the news on 16:09 - Dec 1 by TieDyedIn95

The one about the consortium from Holland trying to buy the club off of Evans, led by a former Swansea season ticket holder. That got all over the internet and it was entirely made up, much like the Evans Out protest last season which was made up by a joker on Twitter who somehow got it covered on the local news.

This one probably -
The Dutch Consortium. Few thoughts. by IpswichTownNL 8 Apr 2017 11:30
This week I was talking to an Ipswich mate when he mentioned he heard a rumour that ‘Town would get a Dutch manager that was currently not working in the Eredivisie (Dutch PL)’. I asked where he heard this and his answer was ‘a gas station in Cardiff’. I obviously laughed it away and told him that there would only be one manager in the Dutch Championship (Jupiler League) that I would want to see at Town; Maurice Steijn. He’s the current manager of VVV-Venlo a club that I support since I can walk.

I didn’t put much thought into the whole thing. This week the rumours of a ‘Dutch consortium’ came about and I still didn’t think much of it. Last night at the VVV game we were talking about Steijn and how he hasn’t renewed his contract yet despite VVV going up in a matter of days. I told a mate I heard a rumour that Town would get a Dutch Manager and that it might be Steijn. He immediately said ‘Well, in that case ‘The Carpet King’ has be involved. And that actually makes sense.

Who’s ‘The Carpet King’? His name is John van Zweden. A former ADO den Haag Hooligan who bought 1/5 of Swansea City about 25 years ago for 50k. Fast forward 25 years and last year van Zweden sold his interest in Swansea for about 20 million pound. Van Zweden and Steijn are very good mates. I also know van Zweden has a huge soft spot for Ipswich. I follow him on twitter where I repeatedly seen him talk about Ipswich with Tom van Hulsen (writher of the book ‘Game Changers’ on Muhren and Thijssen) about how the club should be in in the Premier League and just last night he tweeted that Steijn would be a perfect manager for Town.

He’s also a bit of controversial person. Like I said he’s former Hooligan with ‘f*ck you money’ and pretty much behaves that way. He called the current Chinese owner of ADO a gook and what not. He’s called The Carpet King (actually The Wall Paper King, but I like Carpet King better, lol) because he — still — has a wallpaper and carpet shop in The Hague.

So, if there is such a thing as a Dutch Consortium odds are likely van Zweden is involved. Obviously 20 Million Pounds isn’t going to get you anywhere but maybe he got some people interested in repeating the Swansea story at Ipswich. I would like him being involved in Town very much over some Chinese or Arab fellow. He’s a proper football man that for sure.

With regard to Steijn. Good manager. Though as nails and doesn’t seem to have any favourites in a team. I haven’t disagreed with his starting line up once in 3 years.

So, make of this what you want. Probably not much but thought it was worth sharing.

van Zweden was a former co-owner/shareholder before they sold to the current American owners. A lot of fans down here hate him as he seems to like to wind up fans on social media and seems to be getting loads of freebies still even though he sold up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A twtd post that made the news on 16:40 - Dec 1 with 280 viewswkj

A twtd post that made the news on 16:09 - Dec 1 by SpruceMoose

Not 12th_Man then...

You don't miss a beat do you babe

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024