Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's happened to Luke Chambers 10:35 - Dec 2 with 1956 viewsColin_Viljoen

Our Captain, our leader, he just seems to have disappeared! In the past he was always visable in the press, always articles about how he looked after all the players, how much he bought everybody together! Luke seems to have withdrawn from getting involved with anything to do with the team.
What's happened to Luke Chambers on 10:37 - Dec 2 with 1936 viewshomer_123

Both on and off the pitch.

(OK that's a bit harsh to be fair)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 10:46 - Dec 2 with 1878 viewsGlasgowBlue

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 10:37 - Dec 2 by homer_123

Both on and off the pitch.

(OK that's a bit harsh to be fair)

Both Chambers and Ward are shadows of the players who started the season so well. Perhaps they are missing the men in front of them, Edwards and Sears?

Some of our best goals came from Ward and Chambers putting good balls in from the flanks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 10:58 - Dec 2 with 1785 viewshype313

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 10:46 - Dec 2 by GlasgowBlue

Both Chambers and Ward are shadows of the players who started the season so well. Perhaps they are missing the men in front of them, Edwards and Sears?

Some of our best goals came from Ward and Chambers putting good balls in from the flanks.

Ward's effectiveness diminished when Sears's form started to drop off and Gwion helped Luke out quite a bit so he's missing him at the moment, which is why both full backs are struggling imo.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 10:59 - Dec 2 with 1777 viewsTractorJack

They're in their mid 30s.
What's happened to Luke Chambers on 10:59 - Dec 2 with 1773 viewsSitfcB

Hates Lambert.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 11:01 - Dec 2 with 1759 viewsGarv

Definitely. I don't think Chambers' game has changed that much, but crucially he hasn't got the likes of Bishop and Edwards ahead of him. As often seems to be the case, we lack so much movement.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 11:28 - Dec 2 with 1642 viewsWallingford_Boy

I don't care about the lack of media coverage, in fact I am sooooooooooooo bored of players talking to the press all the time, saying the same stuff.

His dip in form on the pitch is to be expected. He did well earlier in the season playing the sides at the bottom, with less quality on the wings (and less pace), but he has struggled recently aganst better players.

With KVY not due back for a long time yet, I'd like to see Donaciean given a run, but I think thats fairly unlikely. Chambo is definitely PL's fave.

RIP Sir Bobby

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 15:40 - Dec 2 with 1397 viewsBlueBadger

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 11:28 - Dec 2 by Wallingford_Boy

I don't care about the lack of media coverage, in fact I am sooooooooooooo bored of players talking to the press all the time, saying the same stuff.

His dip in form on the pitch is to be expected. He did well earlier in the season playing the sides at the bottom, with less quality on the wings (and less pace), but he has struggled recently aganst better players.

With KVY not due back for a long time yet, I'd like to see Donaciean given a run, but I think thats fairly unlikely. Chambo is definitely PL's fave.

Plus, Donacien isn't very good.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 15:53 - Dec 2 with 1322 viewsclive_baker

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 10:58 - Dec 2 by hype313

Ward's effectiveness diminished when Sears's form started to drop off and Gwion helped Luke out quite a bit so he's missing him at the moment, which is why both full backs are struggling imo.

I think maybe we're guilty of expecting a little too much from them too. First and foremost Chambers and Ward are consistent and reliable fullbacks who can defend and are comfortable enough on the ball, which isn't a given at this level. It's felt like a while since we've had a pair of reliable, 7/10 street wise full backs. Defensively I thought we looked solid enough yesterday, McGuinness was a beast in the air and my MOTM behind Cornell.

The issue is we're also relying on 2 defenders in their mid 30's for attacking and creative intent, which is perhaps a bit of an ask. Chambers has looked lively going forward but really we should have a balanced 6 in front of the back 4 that can look after that side of things and create a few chances against an Oxford. Dobra put himself about to be fair, not a lot stuck with Drinan and his movement isn't in the same league as Norwood. I felt really sorry for him, he was so isolated up there. Bennetts on the left was so poor. Lankester didn't do enough in behind Drinan either and wasn't close enough to him to support. Not enough quality across too much of our side offensively last night. We really need Norwood, Edwards, Bishop, Downes etc back. They're tier 1 in our squad. Last night was largely tier 2 and 3.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 16:15 - Dec 2 with 1267 viewslongtimefan

Both are definitely not contributing going forward as much, though I agree with others that it’s most likely due to the others that are missing. My more significant worry is that Ward in particular has recently looked far less assured in defence. Most of the goals conceded in recent matches have come from exploiting gaps on our left side. I don’t think the same point could be levelled at Chambers who has continued to do a pretty good job defensively this season.
What's happened to Luke Chambers on 16:20 - Dec 2 with 1241 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chambo has had some decent games lately. Last night he was quiet though - we didn't get to see his usual runs forward very often as we were pinned back in our half for much of the game. Same for ward really last night - but yes he's not been anywhere near as good since he got injured.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What's happened to Luke Chambers on 19:21 - Dec 2 with 1057 viewslmfcblue

Probably can’t stand Lambert
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024