Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s happened to Lambert over the last 2 years? 23:26 - Dec 2 with 2944 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

When he came in, he spoke with the fans, met Blue Action, brought some of the Town legends in like Burley and Wark and generally did everything he could to emphasise the fans being great and the importance of togetherness.

Look at these quotes from a couple of years ago:

Lambert: Important to Listen to Fans 21st Nov 2018 19:33
Town boss Paul Lambert has explained why he asked fans - including the recently-formed Blue Action group - to meet with him at Playford Road last night to discuss the atmosphere at home matches. 22

Fast forward 2 years nearly to the day and he’s slagging off the fans, the local media and creating war with TWTD.

How can he flip from that Paul Lambert to this Paul Lambert? My only explanation is that was all an act to get the fans onside. I never saw it at the time. None of us did. He genuinely seemed to care. But now the mask has slipped and fallen to floor, it makes me angry to think all of that was just an act. Lambert Out.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

What’s happened to Lambert over the last 2 years? on 09:54 - Dec 3 with 381 viewsRyorry

What’s happened to Lambert over the last 2 years? on 08:18 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Lambert sacked the fitness coach after a bust up, so can't see it being that

Ah, right, cheers. As others have said this morning then about his inabilities to actually translate his good intentions into practice (fine words butter no parsnips etc), he's just lashing out, end of tether time for him and us. If only the same applied to ME ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What’s happened to Lambert over the last 2 years? on 10:50 - Dec 3 with 355 viewsChrisd

As other posters have intimated it looks like it was bravado over substance. It was certainly refreshing when he first came in with his high energy and enthusiasm on the touchline, but the job has worn him down and he's not got the tools or the coaching staff to get him out of this hole as the enormity of the task has grown.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

What’s happened to Lambert over the last 2 years? on 11:03 - Dec 3 with 345 viewschrismakin

I have this feeling PL thought he had an easy job, he had a free pass when we got relegated, afterall Hurst had ruined everything Mick had done

I think with us being league 1, he expected easy promotion, this hasn't happened and now he's really struggling and panicking.

IF you can't get ipswich up from league 1 before the salary cap, what hope do you have with any other club going forwards, this will literally be his last job and he knows it

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

What’s happened to Lambert over the last 2 years? on 11:11 - Dec 3 with 334 viewsmrfixit426

Of course it was an act. He is an unpleasant, disingenuous man. It doesn't take much time or effort to look back at how he has behaved at previous clubs, particularly the "big clubs." I posted a comment in the EADT on the day he was appointed saying that the club was now dead, and here we are.

His management record since the split with Culverhouse has been appalling, and I still can't understand how anyone doing the proper research would ever have considered appointing him in the first place.
What’s happened to Lambert over the last 2 years? on 14:12 - Dec 3 with 280 viewsBlueBadger

Like everything he's done over the last two years, it was lip service towards the needs of the club.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What’s happened to Lambert over the last 2 years? on 18:14 - Dec 3 with 232 viewsTrequartista

What’s happened to Lambert over the last 2 years? on 08:34 - Dec 3 by Guthrum

I'm not sure he has specifically had a go at the fans yet. However, banning the bloke who runs the club's biggest fan website and the comments about negativity could both be seen as indirect attacks.

Moreover, the current absence of fans from the ground means Lambert has not been exposed to vocal criticism from them at matches. He hasn't been forced to react to that yet.

Thirdly, the media questioning which has caused him to fly off the handle is closely aligned with the views of many fans (concern at performances/team selections/tactics, dropping down the division, fear of a repeat of last season, wishing not to become mired in League One, etc.) - it is our vicarious mouthpieces which have been assailed. Hard not to take that personally.

Or perhaps he believes that it's only a few troublemakers who are rocking the boat and the "silent majority" still love him.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 8:39]

Yes, i wasn't defending Lambert here at all, my point is how a fact seems to taken on and repeated without questioning. For days i've been reading that he'd slagged off the fans, but couldn't find the quote, and it turns out there isn't one. In fact he seems to realise that wouldn't be a good idea when he says "I’m not blaming anybody" as a direct response.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024