Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game 11:16 - Dec 9 with 3344 viewsIpswich_Crazy

It says my arrival time is 2:30pm, would I be allowed to arrive earlier?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 11:17 - Dec 9 with 2717 viewsKeno

no

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 11:18 - Dec 9 with 2715 viewsWallingford_Boy

Doesn't that defeat the object of an arrival time if you did?

Assume they don't wants fans "milling around" as there is nothing to do before kick off anyway at the moment.

RIP Sir Bobby

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 11:21 - Dec 9 with 2681 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 11:18 - Dec 9 by Wallingford_Boy

Doesn't that defeat the object of an arrival time if you did?

Assume they don't wants fans "milling around" as there is nothing to do before kick off anyway at the moment.

Just wondering.

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 11:26 - Dec 9 with 2657 viewsTractorWood

No. Pandemic init.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 11:26 - Dec 9 with 2657 viewsFrimleyBlue

You could. But you'd be very cold walking up and down the road until you can get in.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 11:38 - Dec 9 with 2617 viewslongtimefan

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 11:26 - Dec 9 by FrimleyBlue

You could. But you'd be very cold walking up and down the road until you can get in.

Mine is a 15 minute window rather than one specific time.

Edit: should have been reply to OP not Frim
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 11:39]
Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 11:43 - Dec 9 with 2586 viewsBloomBlue

Yes you can arrive as early as you want, they just won't let you in until 2:30pm
Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:09 - Dec 9 with 2508 viewsSE1blue

Would you try and go in a shop before it opens?
Would you turn up at 8am for a flight that is at 4pm?
Would you turn up for an interview three hours early and expect the company to see you?

These things are not pandemic related. Your ticket time slot to the football is.

Hope this helps.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Login to get fewer ads

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:35 - Dec 9 with 2450 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:09 - Dec 9 by SE1blue

Would you turn up for an interview three hours early and expect the company to see you?

These things are not pandemic related. Your ticket time slot to the football is.

Hope this helps.

Ok don't get your knickers in a twist! It was just a question... Gosh!

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:42 - Dec 9 with 2432 viewsPinewoodblue

Doubt they would be too concerned if you arrived earlier unless they letting fans in section by section. The last thing they want is everyone to stay in the pub and arrive as late as possible.

We are in a pandemic, rules are made why on earth do people always want to find a way around things and do what they want?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:48 - Dec 9 with 2411 viewsSouperJim

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:09 - Dec 9 by SE1blue

Hope this helps.

Seems like an unnecessarily salty response to a fellow fan asking for some guidance and FWIW you're not entirely correct either.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/how-matchday-will-look-on-saturday/

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:49 - Dec 9 with 2398 viewsSpruceMoose

Why would you want to and no. Don't start fooking around with the rules the second you get the chance to go back. The rules are there for a reason.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:54 - Dec 9 with 2366 viewsSouperJim

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:49 - Dec 9 by SpruceMoose

Why would you want to and no. Don't start fooking around with the rules the second you get the chance to go back. The rules are there for a reason.

Actually you're wrong there.

"If you are successful in the ballot, you will be allocated a ticket which will include an arrival time in 15 minute slots... you also have the option of entering the stadium between 1.30pm and 2pm but please be advised that you will need to go straight to your seat."

Again, I'm not sure why some people are so quick to jump on a fellow fan in such a judgmental way for asking an entirely reasonable question.

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:56 - Dec 9 with 2356 viewsusm

Hahaha, the Board Police have given you your answer.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:57 - Dec 9 with 2350 viewsSpruceMoose

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:54 - Dec 9 by SouperJim

Actually you're wrong there.

"If you are successful in the ballot, you will be allocated a ticket which will include an arrival time in 15 minute slots... you also have the option of entering the stadium between 1.30pm and 2pm but please be advised that you will need to go straight to your seat."

Again, I'm not sure why some people are so quick to jump on a fellow fan in such a judgmental way for asking an entirely reasonable question.

Probably because we've lived through nearly a year of a pandemic where people have acted as if they are special exemptions to many of the rules.

Clearly I was wrong about the time you can arrive. Seeing as I don't have a ticket I'd assume that information was probably already provided to those that do though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:58 - Dec 9 with 2347 viewsPinewoodblue

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:48 - Dec 9 by SouperJim

Seems like an unnecessarily salty response to a fellow fan asking for some guidance and FWIW you're not entirely correct either.

First in last out then.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:00 - Dec 9 with 2337 viewsSouperJim

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 12:57 - Dec 9 by SpruceMoose

Probably because we've lived through nearly a year of a pandemic where people have acted as if they are special exemptions to many of the rules.

Clearly I was wrong about the time you can arrive. Seeing as I don't have a ticket I'd assume that information was probably already provided to those that do though.

Again, nope. That information was not in the confirmation email with your tickets and only appeared on the official website an hour ago.

Even the club shop will be open. I've got an ill-fitting early Christmas present to return.

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:02 - Dec 9 with 2324 viewsSpruceMoose

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:00 - Dec 9 by SouperJim

Again, nope. That information was not in the confirmation email with your tickets and only appeared on the official website an hour ago.

Even the club shop will be open. I've got an ill-fitting early Christmas present to return.

Oh lord. Does that seem like a smart move by the club? I wonder how many people are going to check the website for rules they don't even know exist.

Given that, apologies to Crazy, your question makes more sense now.

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:03 - Dec 9 with 2326 viewsitfcjoe

Here you go

Time of arrival
There will be a staggered arrival time and while the stadium will open up at 1.30pm as usual, that’s near enough where any resemblance to a ‘normal’ matchday ends. If you are successful in the ballot, you will be allocated a ticket which will include an arrival time in 15 minute slots from 2pm until 2.45pm. You are asked to adhere to your time on the ticket please. No one will be turned away if they are late on arrival; it just helps the process and lines up with safety guidelines. You also have the option of entering the stadium between 1.30pm and 2pm but please be advised that you will need to go straight to your seat. So if you arrive at 1.30pm, you will be seated for 90 minutes before kick-off. The kiosks in the concourses will all be closed, as will the FanZone. Every supporter will be asked to go straight to their seat on arrival regardless of time of entry. It’s highly unlikely that you will sitting in your season ticket seat.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:04 - Dec 9 with 2316 viewsSouperJim

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:02 - Dec 9 by SpruceMoose

Oh lord. Does that seem like a smart move by the club? I wonder how many people are going to check the website for rules they don't even know exist.

Given that, apologies to Crazy, your question makes more sense now.

Smart moves and Marcus Evans do not appear to go together, at least not where ITFC is concerned.

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:04 - Dec 9 with 2307 viewsSpruceMoose

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:04 - Dec 9 by SouperJim

Smart moves and Marcus Evans do not appear to go together, at least not where ITFC is concerned.

Oh yes. Silly me.

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:06 - Dec 9 with 2305 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Thanks, SuperJim There was no need for that response it was only an honest question. Apparently, you are allowed to arrive between 1:30 pm and 2 pm but I would have to go to my seat and stay there.

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:09 - Dec 9 with 2292 viewsSE1blue

Fair enough. But did they not send this info to people who got tickets?

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:11 - Dec 9 with 2276 viewsSpruceMoose

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:09 - Dec 9 by SE1blue

Fair enough. But did they not send this info to people who got tickets?

Apparently not. Because...Ipswich?

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:12 - Dec 9 with 2270 viewsSE1blue

Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game on 13:11 - Dec 9 by SpruceMoose

Apparently not. Because...Ipswich?

Wow. Apologies to the OP then. The guidance is as confusing and contradictory as it can be.

Can’t believe the club shop is open.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024