Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) 15:46 - Jan 4 with 3095 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 19:24 - Jan 4 with 676 viewsPendejo

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 17:03 - Jan 4 by MonkeyAlan

Yes. These players need a rocket. They have it too cushy. Only interested in their fancy house, range Rover, flashy watches, latest tattoos etc. Oh, and their contract when it's up. Once sorted they revert back to type

Isn't what Doug and Hurst tried to do it so effectively, effective in that it ripped the spirit out of the club and brought us to the third tier.

Nice new grounds for hopping...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 19:32 - Jan 4 with 665 viewsHerbivore

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 19:24 - Jan 4 by Pendejo

Isn't what Doug and Hurst tried to do it so effectively, effective in that it ripped the spirit out of the club and brought us to the third tier.

Nice new grounds for hopping...

I'm guessing none of the people who think you get the best out of people by being a dick and treating your employees like crap have ever actually worked in management.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 22:17 - Jan 4 with 624 viewsEireannach_gorm

Barton is probably a better manager than Lambert but I would not have him because of his toxic personality. It's an indictment of the position the club is in that he is even seen as a viable option.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 10:24]
Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 23:20 - Jan 4 with 598 viewsjaykay

what has done as a manager . for people to think he is any good.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 23:23 - Jan 4 with 598 viewsBlueBadger

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 19:32 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

I'm guessing none of the people who think you get the best out of people by being a dick and treating your employees like crap have ever actually worked in management.

Or jobs.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 08:16 - Jan 5 with 547 viewsDanTheMan

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 19:32 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Or they have and are really bad at it. I know at least one person who is this way.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 08:17 - Jan 5 with 543 viewsjeera

Fleetwood and he will be parting company for a reason.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 08:34 - Jan 5 with 526 viewsHerbivore

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 08:16 - Jan 5 by DanTheMan

Or they have and are really bad at it. I know at least one person who is this way.

It's mad. Nobody wants to work for a total dickhead whose only tactic is to make you afraid to make mistakes. There are whispers that this is how Lambert manages the team and we can see how that's panned out, not to mention how Hurst went about destroying it. You get the best out of people by earning their respect and getting them to buy into what you're doing. That doesn't mean the kid gloves treatment all the time but it's a lot more sophisticated that coming in and kicking a few arses and reading the riot act.

Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 08:56 - Jan 5 with 511 viewsPJH

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 08:17 - Jan 5 by jeera

Fleetwood and he will be parting company for a reason.

He now seems to be favourite for Sheff W job so that could be the reason.
Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 09:02 - Jan 5 with 506 viewstractorboy1978

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 08:34 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

It's mad. Nobody wants to work for a total dickhead whose only tactic is to make you afraid to make mistakes. There are whispers that this is how Lambert manages the team and we can see how that's panned out, not to mention how Hurst went about destroying it. You get the best out of people by earning their respect and getting them to buy into what you're doing. That doesn't mean the kid gloves treatment all the time but it's a lot more sophisticated that coming in and kicking a few arses and reading the riot act.

Absolutely. It's about respect not intimidation and you don't win respect by treating all people the same.

It doesn't take too much digging to find that even the most outwardly intimidating (but successful) football managers (like Clough and Ferguson) had highly developed people skills.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 9:07]
Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 09:20 - Jan 5 with 487 viewsWallingford_Boy

Yeah because previous "hard managers" have worked out well -

Keane
McCarthy
Hurst (Doig)
Lambert

Can we just appoint a nice man next please?

RIP Sir Bobby

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 11:13 - Jan 5 with 455 viewsBryanPlug

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 09:20 - Jan 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Keane
McCarthy
Hurst (Doig)
Lambert

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 11:15 - Jan 5 with 456 viewsHerbivore

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 09:20 - Jan 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Keane
McCarthy
Hurst (Doig)
Lambert

Not sure it's right to lump Mick in with those others either in terms of approach or success. Mick was an excellent man manager.

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 11:22 - Jan 5 with 446 viewsclive_baker

Keane
McCarthy
Hurst (Doig)
Lambert

I'm not sure it's about being hard, I think it's more about not being hot headed and having the emotional intelligence to read a situation.

MM was 'hard' I guess, but he can manage people. He struck the right balance between respect and compassion. Sean Dyche is 'hard' but he can evidently manage people and get results. Hurst isn't hard at all, he's just a gobsh1te. Same for Lambert.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 14:34 - Jan 5 with 408 viewsBlueBadger

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 17:43 - Jan 4 by rfretwell

Who has the better win record? oh, JB's at 40%? At tinpot Fleetwood? My god, no contest there then!

'Better than Lambert' is quite the low bar for employing someone.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 15:52 - Jan 5 with 384 viewsSwansea_Blue

Would you take Joey Barton as manager instead of Paul Lambert? (n/t) on 11:22 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

I'm not sure it's about being hard, I think it's more about not being hot headed and having the emotional intelligence to read a situation.

MM was 'hard' I guess, but he can manage people. He struck the right balance between respect and compassion. Sean Dyche is 'hard' but he can evidently manage people and get results. Hurst isn't hard at all, he's just a gobsh1te. Same for Lambert.

Yep.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024