Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Key workers 12:33 - Jan 6 with 4331 viewsBluefish

How many should there be in a supposed full lockdown? Just been for my school visit and we have 30% of the school attending stating they are keyworker parents.

The teachers are running on fumes 3 days into the start of a term. The shambolic government have no idea what they are doing to these people

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Key workers on 16:57 - Jan 6 with 630 viewsBlueBadger

Key workers on 16:36 - Jan 6 by HotShotHamish

The guidelines are perfectly clear for each Employer. You have to apply to be considered an 'essential' business.
If successful you then get letters to give to staff to then give to the schools.
Many manufacturing & distribution businesses are classed as essential.

It is entirely up to each school as to who they accept, and they have the right to stop any child attending who's parents do not have the correct paperwork

As usual with this echo chamber I see most posters seem to blame everything on the government and most claim to have far more knowledge then they actually do.

Just another usual day on the TWTD forum.

Hmmmmmmmm....new poster, first ever post to complain about people criticising Boris for being wishy-washy and unclear and also, saying it's 'business as usual'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Key workers on 17:02 - Jan 6 with 621 viewsBluefish

The guidelines are perfectly clear for each Employer. You have to apply to be considered an 'essential' business.
If successful you then get letters to give to staff to then give to the schools.

It is entirely up to each school as to who they accept, and they have the right to stop any child attending who's parents do not have the correct paperwork

As usual with this echo chamber I see most posters seem to blame everything on the government and most claim to have far more knowledge then they actually do.

Boris is a useless cockwomble, pass it on

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Key workers on 17:39 - Jan 6 with 598 viewsm14_blue

Hi Hamish,

How well do you think the government has handled the return of schools after Christmas?
Key workers on 17:45 - Jan 6 with 591 viewsgordon

Key workers on 16:33 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

Did you make the same arguments when hospitality closed? Why should your business have a position where you stay open just because it's essential for your business to carry on operating? It was essential for hospitality and local shops to stay open to continue operating but they aren't. Is your business in some way special compared to those?

There were 1041 deaths today.

A half-hearted lockdown isn't going to solve this. It's awful I know and I am lucky that I can WFH and I know it's not simple.

A decision has to be made though because what currently constitutes a key worker won't get the rates down by the looks of it.

SB
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 16:34]

Yes - we're headed for an awful few weeks - when you think that when the first lockdown was imposed on the 21st March daily deaths were at about 30 and subsequently climbed to about 1,000 a day during the lockdown.

This time we've locked down with deaths at around 900 a day. For lots of reasons there won't be an proportionate increase, but I think we're looking at 2,000 + deaths a day in about 2 weeks and then a slower fall from that peak over a couple of months.
Key workers on 17:47 - Jan 6 with 587 viewsDanTheMan

Key workers on 17:39 - Jan 6 by m14_blue

Hi Hamish,

How well do you think the government has handled the return of schools after Christmas?

Brand new poster who's first post is moaning about the forum.

I'm sure they aren't just an existing banned user...

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Key workers on 18:45 - Jan 6 with 553 viewsCBBlue

Key workers on 16:30 - Jan 6 by bluelagos

3 teachers I just asked stated they have:

30 out of 270, 20 out of 90 and 140 out of 560 who are key worker kids.

So 30% feels a little bit high but not a million miles away.

One school has tightened things up. Down side is Williamson has announced kids with no laptops can go in so they are expecting it to go up not down.

(What I was told, not seen it myself)

Our local primary only had 11 out of 200 in today but then we're quite lucky to have a demographic where many of the mums are either SAHMs or work part-time and plenty of dads can WFH.

Personally my husband has been working throughout as he's in manufacturing (not classed as essential and many others there were furloughed). Luckily my place of work has either been closed or when we re-opened they were very clear they would work around childcare responsibilities operating reduced hours if necessary.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Key workers on 19:12 - Jan 6 with 547 viewsFixed_It

Impressive that they managed to do all of that between 8.00pm on Monday and 9.00am on Tuesday, given that was the turnaround given by our 'decisive' leader.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Key workers on 19:30 - Jan 6 with 528 viewsjas0999

Key workers on 12:37 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

Our school requires documented proof that the parent is considered a key worker before the child is allowed to attend.

Doesn't seem likely that 30% are actually key workers unless the demographics of your area dictate that (ie. you are right next to a large hospital or something).

How are you assigning blame to the government? Is it because the definition of key worker is too loose? Should some ire be directed at the parents if they are taking advantage of the situation?

SB

It’s a tough one in my opinion.

Is a cleaner a key worker? At first though no. But what if they clean a school, police station or hospital etc.

A delivery driver? A supermarket worker? Keeping the country going. Key.
Login to get fewer ads

Key workers on 19:42 - Jan 6 with 523 viewsBLUEBEAT

The letter we’ve just been issued to show to Police when stopped has us listed as ‘critical workers’

Does that mean we still have to keep working even if ‘key workers’ stop?

Poll: W or W

Key workers on 19:43 - Jan 6 with 522 viewsLeoMuff

Key workers on 12:37 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

Our school requires documented proof that the parent is considered a key worker before the child is allowed to attend.

Doesn't seem likely that 30% are actually key workers unless the demographics of your area dictate that (ie. you are right next to a large hospital or something).

How are you assigning blame to the government? Is it because the definition of key worker is too loose? Should some ire be directed at the parents if they are taking advantage of the situation?

SB

Our children’s primary school asked for no evidence at all that we were key workers which I was quite surprised at.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Key workers on 13:35 - Jan 7 with 469 viewsbluelagos

Key workers on 16:30 - Jan 6 by bluelagos

3 teachers I just asked stated they have:

30 out of 270, 20 out of 90 and 140 out of 560 who are key worker kids.

So 30% feels a little bit high but not a million miles away.

One school has tightened things up. Down side is Williamson has announced kids with no laptops can go in so they are expecting it to go up not down.

(What I was told, not seen it myself)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-55565537

The laptop thing.

Another Twtd exclusive :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Key workers on 13:39 - Jan 7 with 465 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If it hasn't been mentioned yet then kids without laptops can attend to I believe!

[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 13:41]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Key workers on 13:43 - Jan 7 with 453 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Key workers on 13:35 - Jan 7 by bluelagos

The laptop thing.

Another Twtd exclusive :-)

We really did score the same on that test....should have looked at the end of the thread first!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Key workers on 13:54 - Jan 7 with 434 viewsjeera

"As usual with this echo chamber I see most posters seem to blame everything on the government and most claim to have far more knowledge then they actually do.
Just another usual day on the TWTD forum."

Utter drivel.

How about offering a few words of your own without the snidey swipes?

A significant amount of food that was intended for school meals has been thrown away this week though because there was too little notice for the suppliers.

How'd you feel about that? Is that the fault of the posters on here too or do you think maybe some dodgy decision making by those who supposed to be in charge may have contributed?

Bearing in mind all this waste despite the rows last summer about helping out with feeding the poorest children during the holidays. We couldn't afford that but we can afford to just throw tons away?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Key workers on 13:56 - Jan 7 with 431 viewsjeera

Key workers on 16:46 - Jan 6 by bluelagos

All I can see is people giving opinions and sharing anecdotal evidence. Not seen one poster claiming to know all the answers and/or asserting their experiences are uniform or more valid than others'.

Yes but that doesn't sound good in the head of an embittered returning poster does it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Key workers on 14:10 - Jan 7 with 419 viewsbluelagos

Key workers on 13:43 - Jan 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

We really did score the same on that test....should have looked at the end of the thread first!

We were discussing it 18 hours before the BBC :-)

There's a few times we've been ahead of the media. Last night on the various Capitol agro threads there were posts showing tweets that were ahead of anything on Skynews and/or the BBC at that time.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024