Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... 15:51 - Jan 6 with 1450 viewsunstableblue

People were reminiscing of the 86-87 season, and Kevin Wilson came up.

I remember he joined in the 85-86 season... when still in Div 1 Premier League.... his first game was a classic 3-2 against Gillingham in the FA Cup, where he scored. No one had any idea about him.. but became a favourite. Before moving to Chelsea

The team that day:
Paul Cooper
George Burley
Terry Butcher
Romeo Zondervan
Russell Osman
Ian Cranson
Steve McCall
Mark Brennan
Kevin Wilson
Jason Dozzell
Mich DAvray

Which really is not bad

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 15:56 - Jan 6 with 1420 viewsgainsboroughblue

Correct but a season out. It was 84-85. That was a cracking match v Gillingham who brought a very large following down with them.

We had played Derby in a two legged Milk Cup tie in which I remember being very impressed with him. Ferguson obviously thought so as he was signed a few months later.

If he hadn't have been cup-tied we may have not squandered so many chances in the semi-final and we would have been at Wembley v Sunderland instead.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 15:56 - Jan 6 with 1415 viewsWD19

The first game at Portman Road I *really* remember was his hat-trick against Stoke in 1985.

I had attended loads of games and stood in the North Stand many times in seasons beforehand, but for some reason that day my Dad sat us in the Pioneer stand and I took a lot more of the game in.

Stoke had about 5 fans present.......and a flag.
Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 15:58 - Jan 6 with 1391 viewsgainsboroughblue

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 15:56 - Jan 6 by WD19

The first game at Portman Road I *really* remember was his hat-trick against Stoke in 1985.

I had attended loads of games and stood in the North Stand many times in seasons beforehand, but for some reason that day my Dad sat us in the Pioneer stand and I took a lot more of the game in.

I genuinely think Peter Fox picked the ball out of the net more at Portman Road than anywhere else. We did seem very adept at knocking 5 past Stoke in the 80s.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 15:59 - Jan 6 with 1375 viewsitfcjoe

That was the day before I was born.....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 16:06 - Jan 6 with 1341 viewshype313

Kevin Wilson was my favorite player as a 7 year old, might be rose tinted glasses, but he seemed so clinical, I suppose 34 in 97 games is none too shabby.

David Lowe was also another favorite of mine.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 17:01 - Jan 6 with 1276 viewshomer_123

Kevin Bloody Wilson.....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 20:13 - Jan 6 with 1129 viewsHorsham

My first game. All the can actually remember was Paul Cooper punching the ground after Stoke scored...that and my Dad going on a lot about Eric Gates.
Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 09:45 - Jan 7 with 993 viewsMonkeyAlan

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 16:06 - Jan 6 by hype313

Kevin Wilson was my favorite player as a 7 year old, might be rose tinted glasses, but he seemed so clinical, I suppose 34 in 97 games is none too shabby.

David Lowe was also another favorite of mine.

Kevin Wilson and David Lowe often get over looked when good players are talked about on here. Both were excellent for us during their time here. I used to go and watch Kevin Wilson when he moved to Chelsea because my mate was a Chelsea fan. Played well for them as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 09:48 - Jan 7 with 982 viewshype313

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 09:45 - Jan 7 by MonkeyAlan

Kevin Wilson and David Lowe often get over looked when good players are talked about on here. Both were excellent for us during their time here. I used to go and watch Kevin Wilson when he moved to Chelsea because my mate was a Chelsea fan. Played well for them as well.

A good friend of mine is a Chelsea fan and he also thought he was a very good player, again, found himself in the shadows of Kerry Dixon.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 10:13 - Jan 7 with 963 viewsmikeybloo88

What year was it he scored that cracker to beat Liverpool at PR? Wasn't it that which got him picked and capped for Northern Ireland?
Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 10:57 - Jan 7 with 935 viewsbracknell_blue

My recollection of that season was, as someone living in London and not being able to go to PR very often, was going to the away match at Palace. The things that stand out were:
1) I had been out on a pub crawl round the City and adjoining areas with some guys from work - one team had an annual crawl and it became a badge of honour to be invited. Usually meant you could hold your beer. Hence I had a stonking hangover.
2) Kevin Wilson scored a hat trick
3) Looked like we were going to take all 3 points but Palace bought on some unknown as a sub, who scored 2 late goals to get a draw. One Ian Wright.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 11:09 - Jan 7 with 922 viewssolemio

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 09:48 - Jan 7 by hype313

A good friend of mine is a Chelsea fan and he also thought he was a very good player, again, found himself in the shadows of Kerry Dixon.

I was aware of Dixon when he was 9 years old. He played in the best Junior School football team I ever saw. He was the build of a good sized 14 year old. They had another outstanding player who was the son of Dave Pacey who played for Luton in the 1959 Cup Final. Pacey was certainly appropriately named.

The school team I was in charge of that year won all our matches except the one against the Dixon/Pacey team, but we were by far most pleased with our 2 - 1 defeat to that team. Many schools conceded double figures against them.
Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 11:24 - Jan 7 with 913 viewsSuperCoops

Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 10:13 - Jan 7 by mikeybloo88

What year was it he scored that cracker to beat Liverpool at PR? Wasn't it that which got him picked and capped for Northern Ireland?

I assume you're thinking of his goal in February 1986, but I'm sure the Northern Ireland thing didnt happen until the following season when he was a Division 2 player.
Speakingof Kevin Wilson..... on 07:44 - Jan 8 with 773 viewsOsborneOneNil

Mark Brennan, he was one of my favourite players. Classy midfielder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024