Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already 15:36 - Jan 7 with 2107 viewsElderGrizzly

A shame there is that Nazi thread showing all their real affiliatons!
Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:42 - Jan 7 with 611 viewsClapham_Junction

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 16:59 - Jan 7 by Darth_Koont

On a related note, the British, less extreme but equally screwy version of that is a number of the commentariat like Hodges, Nawaz etc. are using the Capitol siege to equate the left with Trump and his goons. The obsessive, grifting weirdos.

Amazingly, I think the UK media *might* be even worse than our politicians.

I think the UK media (or more specifically the print media) has always been worse than the politicians, at least in my lifetime. It's only in the last five years or so that the Sun, Mail and Express have managed to drag the Tories to the position they're in. The only paper that seems to have significantly shifted from being vaguely sensible to being an embarrassment is the Telegraph.
Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:42 - Jan 7 with 616 viewsDubtractor

This made me think of this thread.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:44 - Jan 7 with 607 viewsSteve_M

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:28 - Jan 7 by tractordownsouth

Nawaz seems to have gone off the rails recently - he's taken himself (and potentially others) down a dangerous rabbit hole by legitimising Trump's baseless election fraud claims.

Nawaz is demonstrating exactly how he was so-easily radicalised by radical Islamists.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:48 - Jan 7 with 595 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:35 - Jan 7 by DanTheMan

He reminds me a little of some ex-evangelicals who then hate any Christian with a burning passion.

I don’t think he believes in much TBH. Here’s a good article on him from a while back and this quote stood out:

https://newrepublic.com/article/128436/maajid-nawaz-really-believe

Ashraf Hoque, a friend from Nawaz’s college days, is more blunt. “He is neither an Islamist nor a liberal,” he said. “Maajid is whatever he thinks he needs to be.”

IMO whatever he needs to be to be in the spotlight and/or cash in. Unfortunately he was feted and elevated by a few too many people when he was saying things that served their purposes.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:48 - Jan 7 with 591 viewsmonytowbray

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:44 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

Nawaz is demonstrating exactly how he was so-easily radicalised by radical Islamists.

Is that his background? I don’t know much about him bar the odd comment I see from him on Twitter. He’s never said much to make me think he’s a voice I want/need to hear though.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 17:49]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:48 - Jan 7 with 596 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:44 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

I've followed him for some time on twitter and his tone changed noticeably when he went on hunger strike over the Uighur issue in China.

It was uncomfortable to watch as he appeared to be having a breakdown on social media.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:56 - Jan 7 with 576 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:42 - Jan 7 by Clapham_Junction

I think the UK media (or more specifically the print media) has always been worse than the politicians, at least in my lifetime. It's only in the last five years or so that the Sun, Mail and Express have managed to drag the Tories to the position they're in. The only paper that seems to have significantly shifted from being vaguely sensible to being an embarrassment is the Telegraph.

You’re probably right. Although as a public, we do seem to be a lot more critical of politicians across the spectrum than the media as a whole.

It’s not about the right wing loons in the tabloids and broadsheet columns either. Objectively speaking, even supposedly neutral or even left-leaning organisations like the BBC and the Guardian do a lot of good stuff. But their journalism at times is breathtakingly bad for organisations that can and do know how to achieve high standards.

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 18:28 - Jan 7 with 545 viewsSteve_M

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:48 - Jan 7 by monytowbray

Is that his background? I don’t know much about him bar the odd comment I see from him on Twitter. He’s never said much to make me think he’s a voice I want/need to hear though.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 17:49]

There's an article here with some background. A couple of things stand out:

1). How everything he does is very full on, that's clearly innate;
2). How sanguine the writer is about the overlap with very right-wing organisations.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/02/maajid-nawaz-how-a-former-islam

In general people who repent (if that's not too biblical a word here) from extremism should be heard but there's a narcissism about Nawaz it seems. I found Ed Husain's book The Islamist far more reflective although it is years since I read it.

Login to get fewer ads

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 18:38 - Jan 7 with 538 viewsmonytowbray

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 18:28 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

There's an article here with some background. A couple of things stand out:

1). How everything he does is very full on, that's clearly innate;
2). How sanguine the writer is about the overlap with very right-wing organisations.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/02/maajid-nawaz-how-a-former-islam

In general people who repent (if that's not too biblical a word here) from extremism should be heard but there's a narcissism about Nawaz it seems. I found Ed Husain's book The Islamist far more reflective although it is years since I read it.

I think narcissists typically thrive in scenarios where they can be the loudest voice regardless of what they’re shouting.

I saw someone say recently (on here or Twitter) that these despot world leaders we currently have would rather have the biggest room in a burnt down house than live in a nice house where all the bedrooms are the same size. A similar principle exists on a smaller scale for journalists who pick the wrong side of history. Who cares if the rollercoaster ends with a guillotine when the ride is so good?

TWTD never forgets…

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 19:25 - Jan 7 with 509 viewsSteve_M

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 18:38 - Jan 7 by monytowbray

I think narcissists typically thrive in scenarios where they can be the loudest voice regardless of what they’re shouting.

I saw someone say recently (on here or Twitter) that these despot world leaders we currently have would rather have the biggest room in a burnt down house than live in a nice house where all the bedrooms are the same size. A similar principle exists on a smaller scale for journalists who pick the wrong side of history. Who cares if the rollercoaster ends with a guillotine when the ride is so good?

There’s been polling done which shows the same effect, I think some of it was Brexit-related but that may be wrong but, yes, some people would rather everyone ended up poorer than people they didn’t like becoming a bit better off.

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 19:34 - Jan 7 with 503 viewsmonytowbray

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 19:25 - Jan 7 by Steve_M

There’s been polling done which shows the same effect, I think some of it was Brexit-related but that may be wrong but, yes, some people would rather everyone ended up poorer than people they didn’t like becoming a bit better off.

I believe I saw that poll too.

It was called “The 2019 General Election.”

TWTD never forgets…

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 19:44 - Jan 7 with 491 viewsSwansea_Blue

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:04 - Jan 7 by m14_blue

6 months ago I thought Nawaz was ok but you were right, he’s a professional contrarian rent-a-gob whose entire schtick is creating ludicrous false equivalencies.

I’d never heard of him until Glassers posted some of his tweets. Now I know what he is; he’s been a right c0ck about all this, supporting the conspiracy theories.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 19:48 - Jan 7 with 483 viewsmonytowbray

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 19:44 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Blue

I’d never heard of him until Glassers posted some of his tweets. Now I know what he is; he’s been a right c0ck about all this, supporting the conspiracy theories.

But we must allow these people airtime because “balance”.

“The truth is not the midpoint between a fact and a lie.”
- https://bylinetimes.com/2020/11/10/us-election-2020-the-power-of-populist-lies-a
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 19:49]

TWTD never forgets…

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 19:50 - Jan 7 with 480 viewsGuthrum

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:42 - Jan 7 by Clapham_Junction

And historically before that, in a lot of cases.

Worth reading up on Horatio Bottomley, the worst kind of media demagogue and shyster.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 21:20 - Jan 12 with 352 viewsmonytowbray

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 17:04 - Jan 7 by m14_blue

6 months ago I thought Nawaz was ok but you were right, he’s a professional contrarian rent-a-gob whose entire schtick is creating ludicrous false equivalencies.

And there we have it.

When can we collectively wake up and follow the money together?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:21]

TWTD never forgets…

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 21:28 - Jan 12 with 332 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 21:20 - Jan 12 by monytowbray

And there we have it.

When can we collectively wake up and follow the money together?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:21]

The feckers that’ve been pushing Nawaz for years know who he is.

That’s why they push him.

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 21:47 - Jan 12 with 319 viewsmonytowbray

Trump's goon squad on The Hill are spinning conspiracies already on 21:28 - Jan 12 by Darth_Koont

The feckers that’ve been pushing Nawaz for years know who he is.

That’s why they push him.

Nice bit of identity politics for deflection too.

It’s rumoured Rebeckah Mercer loves gay people for that very reason.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024