Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last year it was postponing games...... 09:31 - Jan 15 with 2014 viewsitfcjoe

.....at every opportunity and the relentless negativity brought with it.

Now it's Covid, wanting the season stopped.

It's a football manager who doesn't want to play football - it sucks the life out of everything. Football is supposed to be a release from things.

Would it kill Lambert to try and be positive and bullish about things, we follow football to escape the monotony life has become with Covid - we don't want it rammed down our throat. We want to continue playing and get this season done as we are in a privileged position to be allowed to do so.

He's gone on for months on end (and rightly) that we should be being tested more with help from the authorities. That has now been put in place and he wants it cancelled.

If PL doesn't want to play, then step aside. He's financially comfortable and surely has no pressure to work - plenty of other people have taken an early retirement through choice due to this.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Last year it was postponing games...... on 10:21 - Jan 15 with 512 viewsTJS

Last year it was postponing games...... on 09:53 - Jan 15 by thebooks

I reckon you’re being a bit unfair. He was obviously knocked for six by COVID, and I think this is just a genuine opinion 🤷🏻‍♂️

From a personal health point of view I do feel sorry for Paul Lambert.
I know this wouldn't be popular but if he's really struggling couldn't he have a few months off on full pay with someone else put in temporary charge of the first team - and I don't mean just the assistant manager
We could do worse than let Terry Butcher have a go with Dyer as assistant.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 10:23]
I remember when he first joined.... on 10:23 - Jan 15 with 513 viewsLankHenners

I remember when he first joined.... on 10:01 - Jan 15 by Bloots

....and whilst I (obviously) knew he would be hopeless I had to admire his enthusiasm.

He was running up and down the line, practically kicking every ball, shouting (hopeless tactics) at the players, trying (but failing) to organise them.

At least he was making an effort.

But now he literally doesn't give one single toss.

It's embarrassing.

I despise him for what he is doing to our club.

The PR Paul stuff when he first came in was always a bit dim because he was genuinely trying to give the place the lift however he’s clearly been going through the motions for ages. He’s far too comfortable in his position and is content to just make excuse after excuse rather than try and work something out properly.

Like in the article Joe linked above, whenever he’s asked about injuries he just shrugs his shoulders and mutters that he doesn’t know anything about it. Doesn’t really make sense from a ‘keeping the opposition in the dark’ perspective given the club publicly volunteered the injury information earlier in the week.

This is before you even get to the performances, behaviour towards local journalists, sacking the only fitness coach we had etc.

At least Jewell had the decency to admit he’d failed and long overstayed his welcome.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Last year it was postponing games...... on 10:24 - Jan 15 with 502 viewsGuthrum

He's only 51. Not sure what other decent jobs will be available after Town and perhaps he's not that keen on golf. The strength of his accent possibly limits media possibilities (south of the border, at least). Maybe he doesn't want to retire yet?

Tho you'd think he would show more enthusiasm in that case.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Last year it was postponing games...... on 10:41 - Jan 15 with 462 viewsunstableblue

Whilst I do get some of Lambert's arguments and point of view, and it seems he's had quite a bad bout of Covid so he has a different perspective. And yes this Pandemic is bad, and i have a feeling we are a LONG LONG way from getting the country back to normality.

But I do think elite sport is providing a huge boost to people in lockdown - I can't remember enjoying a Premiership as much as this year - and Lambert's job is to motivate and prepare Ipswich Town to perform their very best when they cross the white line. I really think his position and demeanour is negative to the team, and does not support his key objective, to win games, progress the team, and entertain fans.

I think with effective procedures, testing, risk mitigation elite sports can be made safe - albeit as I stated this is a fine balance, especially with the new variants. But I think you personal view Paul, should not be in the public domain, given the effect on players and fans.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Last year it was postponing games...... on 10:54 - Jan 15 with 440 viewsPinewoodblue

Last year it was postponing games...... on 10:24 - Jan 15 by Guthrum

He's only 51. Not sure what other decent jobs will be available after Town and perhaps he's not that keen on golf. The strength of his accent possibly limits media possibilities (south of the border, at least). Maybe he doesn't want to retire yet?

Tho you'd think he would show more enthusiasm in that case.

Age wise he fits neatly between Dyer and Butcher; yet when you listen to him it is easy to think it is about time he retired.

I’m convinced that, unlike the two mentioned, everything he does is to protect his own interest, he isn’t, and never will, be Ipswich through and through.

Should the season end early he will again dodge an Evans escape clause.

Evans needs to sit down with Lambert and judge if he is fit to continue. Sounds to me that he needs a rest, the club can’t afford him to be anything less than 100% committed to the cause.

Hand the reigns over, for the next six weeks, to Dyer and Butcher, you know it makes sense.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Last year it was postponing games...... on 11:24 - Jan 15 with 401 viewsRobTheMonk

I don't like him, but I wouldn't call him out in this case. Players may be young and fit, but lots of managers and coaches are not going to find it as easy to fend it off.

I'd like to see football continue myself from a purely selfish perspective because we all love it. But begrudingly, I can see where Lambert's coming from this time.

Respectfully disagree with the tone of this one, Joe.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 11:27]
I remember when he first joined.... on 11:26 - Jan 15 with 402 viewsSouperJim

I remember when he first joined.... on 10:12 - Jan 15 by itfcjoe

Yep, when we went down we looked in decent shape to bounce back in my view (as evidenced by the start?)

He's a shadow of that man who walked in, it's dire to watch. The only time he had that enthusiasm again was in the wake of the new contract in January - he was bouncing around again (and we put a run of decent form together)

As pointless as his red was at Norwich, and I personally found the behaviour embarrassing, he at least had a bit of something about him

I was (un)fortunate enough to go to the Portsmouth game. Lambert was like a coatstand on the touchline second half. Barely moved, barely spoke. When he first came in, I was impressed with how animated he was, screaming orders, kicking every ball. What's changed?

As I said on a thread the other day, all the noises that come out of the club are negative. Despite what he says, we get our excuses in early and repeat them often. This mentality clearly translates itself to what we see on the pitch. We lack and positive attitude, self-belief and a will to win. As soon as the going gets tough, we fold.

He's just done, and it's so painfully obvious that it makes the fact that he is still here embarrassing.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

He's probably right though on 11:33 - Jan 15 with 391 viewsDyland

It's just all a bit rich coming from him, isn't it. Regarding the difference between now and last March we can give him the benefit of the doubt that he's had the virus this time round and it's knocked him sideways.

Where there is no doubt is that he should have been fired long ago.

Football should be stopped for a couple of weeks at least so there's no travel. And during this time Lambert should be moved on so someone with a bit of nous, enthusiasm, plan, tactics, clue, man-management, can get to grips with things before it's too late. Oh, it already is.

And ffs posters going on about Evans, yes I know the buck stops with him and he's a calamitous owner.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Last year it was postponing games...... on 12:11 - Jan 15 with 350 viewsSamWhiteUK

"If PL doesn't want to play, then step aside."

Exactly what I thought reading the article. Enough with the excuses. Same goes for Fat Sam. Quite happy to play when it suits them, then they get a contract, things go poorly, and suddenly it's boo hoo Covid. If you don't feel safe, it's not the job for you.
Last year it was postponing games...... on 12:26 - Jan 15 with 326 viewsitfcjoe

Last year it was postponing games...... on 10:41 - Jan 15 by unstableblue

Whilst I do get some of Lambert's arguments and point of view, and it seems he's had quite a bad bout of Covid so he has a different perspective. And yes this Pandemic is bad, and i have a feeling we are a LONG LONG way from getting the country back to normality.

But I do think elite sport is providing a huge boost to people in lockdown - I can't remember enjoying a Premiership as much as this year - and Lambert's job is to motivate and prepare Ipswich Town to perform their very best when they cross the white line. I really think his position and demeanour is negative to the team, and does not support his key objective, to win games, progress the team, and entertain fans.

I think with effective procedures, testing, risk mitigation elite sports can be made safe - albeit as I stated this is a fine balance, especially with the new variants. But I think you personal view Paul, should not be in the public domain, given the effect on players and fans.

I was just listening to a Football Ramble podcast whilst out and about, and there was something mentioned about Ally McCoist as a commentator and basically said they love listening to people who clearly love football - I think that's part of it. Football should be a distraction from all the sh*t in the world, and all we here is moan, moan, moan.

Look at managers like Klopp, as much as he is obviously really good, people love him because he loves the game - he looks like he is enjoying himself. He's so downtrodden and it brings everyone elses moods down around him

I remember when he first joined.... on 12:28 - Jan 15 with 323 viewsitfcjoe

I remember when he first joined.... on 11:26 - Jan 15 by SouperJim

I was (un)fortunate enough to go to the Portsmouth game. Lambert was like a coatstand on the touchline second half. Barely moved, barely spoke. When he first came in, I was impressed with how animated he was, screaming orders, kicking every ball. What's changed?

As I said on a thread the other day, all the noises that come out of the club are negative. Despite what he says, we get our excuses in early and repeat them often. This mentality clearly translates itself to what we see on the pitch. We lack and positive attitude, self-belief and a will to win. As soon as the going gets tough, we fold.

He's just done, and it's so painfully obvious that it makes the fact that he is still here embarrassing.

Yep, you did not hear a peep out of him after we went behind vs Pompey.

Even when you look at the Plymouth game, when their guy gets sent off the incident is right in front of Lambert and Taylor and they don't even react. I'm not saying I want to see him haranguing refs all the time, because Taylor doing that annoyed me in itself as was all he did - but just show you care.

Last year it was postponing games...... on 13:18 - Jan 15 with 289 viewsParky

Last year it was postponing games...... on 10:13 - Jan 15 by Garv

He's hardly going to say "yeah, they'll play, 100%" is he?

Lambert shagger.
Last year it was postponing games...... on 13:22 - Jan 15 with 284 viewsclive_baker

He can't be arsed.

The bloke's on nice money and quite enjoys it, but would rather not have the distraction of 'managing' a football club that goes with it. His actions through the first lockdown demonstrate that perfectly. He's completely disengaged. He's going through the motions.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024