Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o 22:04 - Jan 26 with 2739 viewsunstableblue

... the manager!

We all want him gone. But the lads put in one hell of a shift tonight, and there was a lot to respect about the performance.

The Wolf and Downes were excellent.

Dozzell an enigma.

McGuinnes would do sh!t things and then brilliant things.

Drinan did well again.

Better from Chambo and Ward but I’m afraid there heads aren’t right.

But I’m afraid there were too many committed challenges and displays tonight for Marcus to be able to say ‘Lamberts lost the team’.

Not the binary match we all needed.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:53 - Jan 26 with 343 viewsTractorWood

Ward?

He was 40 yards out of position for the goal and then got caught out from the kick off after conceding!

Drinan works hard but fundamentally you could put a Labrador upfront to chase around pointlessly. He offers nothing else.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 22:54]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:54 - Jan 26 with 327 viewstractordownsouth

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:50 - Jan 26 by RegencyBlue

Plenty of effort but no quality whatsoever against what I thought was a very ordinary Sunderland side.

Yeah, the thing that isn't being discussed enough is that Sunderland and Peterborough were both sh1te themselves. Yet we still manage to lose to them.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:55 - Jan 26 with 324 viewsHerbivore

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:30 - Jan 26 by unstableblue

Of course he has to go Joe! But end of McCarthy, Hurst, Jewell, the players were barely functioning on the pitch. Tonight they were putting their bodies on the line and in some cases putting in a massive shift. Downes ran a marathon.

All I’m saying is that it wasn’t Barnsley at home

Barnsley at home as in Mick's last game? When we actually won?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:56 - Jan 26 with 317 viewsreusersfreekicks

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:55 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

Players didn't stop performing for MM
I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:57 - Jan 26 with 308 viewsChrisd

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:15 - Jan 26 by ArnieM

The lads might well have battled hard , but whichever way you want to view it , that’s 6 loses in last 7 home games now....that’s relegation form however you look at it. We can’t buy a goal. We haven’t had our strongest 11 out there all season due to the ridiculous injury and re injury rate at this club. There are huge problems behind the scenes , which manifest themselves on the pitch.

Spot on Arnie. If this is allowed to continue we might be looking nervously over our shoulders at those clubs behind us over the coming weeks and months.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:58 - Jan 26 with 310 viewstractordownsouth

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:55 - Jan 26 by Herbivore

Yep, it proves the point sadly. Without meaning to go all BlueBadger, Evans seems happier with defeats and improved performances than he does with slightly drab 1-0 victories.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 23:02 - Jan 26 with 298 viewsHerbivore

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:56 - Jan 26 by reusersfreekicks

Players didn't stop performing for MM

Exactly. The OP is a weird one, still obsessively negative about anything to do with Mick but comparatively tentative in his criticisms of Lambert. Odd, given the absolute gulf in their respective performances as our manager.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 23:03 - Jan 26 with 287 viewsMeadowlark

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 22:15 - Jan 26 by ArnieM

The lads might well have battled hard , but whichever way you want to view it , that’s 6 loses in last 7 home games now....that’s relegation form however you look at it. We can’t buy a goal. We haven’t had our strongest 11 out there all season due to the ridiculous injury and re injury rate at this club. There are huge problems behind the scenes , which manifest themselves on the pitch.

We've got the biggest and probably best paid squad in the league FFS.
However, we do not have a team.
I don't think we have a team leader either!
Login to get fewer ads

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 23:07 - Jan 26 with 270 viewsChrisd

I hate to say it, but that was not the performance of a team who’ve given up o on 23:03 - Jan 26 by Meadowlark

We've got the biggest and probably best paid squad in the league FFS.
However, we do not have a team.
I don't think we have a team leader either!

Throw in the highest paid manager in L1 too!!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024