Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sears 15:52 - Jan 30 with 742 viewsGarv

Is he finished?

Constantly offside and the one time had the chance to run into space and shoot he well and truly sliced it. As I think Stu Watson or Andy Warren said recently I've no confidence in him anymore when he's going through one on one.

Neat and tidy and picks up positions well but no pace or shooting ability left.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sears on 15:53 - Jan 30 with 717 viewsCoco

did you ever have confidence in him? Always been a poor footballer, just had a hot few months once.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Sears on 15:53 - Jan 30 with 713 viewsMrTown

Really needs a partner up there, he falls into the no.10 role but leaves no out and out striker.

Would be looking for Norwood for Judge a little later.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Sears on 15:53 - Jan 30 with 692 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Still better than Aaron Drinan.
Sears on 15:54 - Jan 30 with 690 viewsstiff_talking

Mick removed him from the team.

Lambert brought him back once Evans had let Mcgoldrick, Waghorn, Garner, and Murphy go!
Sears on 15:54 - Jan 30 with 674 viewsDubtractor

Based on this game, he has done as much, if not more, than Judge and Thomas to be fair to him.

I don't disagree with the general assessment though.

His biggest issue for me is lack of positional discipline. Part of the reason we bossed the ball so well in the first 20 was that he was in midfield for a lot of it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sears on 15:55 - Jan 30 with 652 viewsCoco

Sears on 15:54 - Jan 30 by stiff_talking

Mick removed him from the team.

Lambert brought him back once Evans had let Mcgoldrick, Waghorn, Garner, and Murphy go!

Lambert also started Jordan Roberts as the lone front man in every game until the window opened - ahead of Jackson and Sears....

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Sears on 15:56 - Jan 30 with 621 viewsjayessess

When we've got the ball to him, he's held it up well I think. He hasn't had pace or shooting ability for going on half a decade.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sears on 15:56 - Jan 30 with 614 viewsgordon

Would actually be really good in the no. 10 role, good at finding pockets of space and good awareness on the ball. Agree not suited to be a lone striker. In general I think we could make Harry Kane look pretty ordinary in this formation.
Login to get fewer ads

Sears on 15:57 - Jan 30 with 610 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sears on 15:53 - Jan 30 by Coco

did you ever have confidence in him? Always been a poor footballer, just had a hot few months once.

Yes when he first came in and played regularly as a striker.

Did alright as a wide player for a time too.

However, when he has hardly played it is little surprise he looks rusty.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sears on 15:58 - Jan 30 with 573 viewstractordownsouth

Sears on 15:55 - Jan 30 by Coco

Lambert also started Jordan Roberts as the lone front man in every game until the window opened - ahead of Jackson and Sears....

He had a good spell as a wide forward when Lambert first came in but he can't play up front on his own and he's finished for us now. I expect a new manager (if we get one) will get rid of him.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sears on 16:00 - Jan 30 with 536 viewsGarv

Sears on 15:53 - Jan 30 by Coco

Well maybe you're right. As a Championship player (when he signed) you can't really ask for a better partner than Daryl Murphy, and that was his best time is a town shirt so that probably helped.

The season after that he started well too but since being converted to a wide player he's gradually declined. Really don't think his cruciate injury helped. His best attribute was probably his pace which he's lost most of.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sears on 16:06 - Jan 30 with 449 viewslmfcblue

been finished for years
Sears on 16:20 - Jan 30 with 373 viewsBlueBadger

Like Jackson, he's at his best playing off the last shoulder and with a target man.
You can get away with him in a wide forward position if the service is there, but the former is the best way to play him.

All us fools can see that. Our incompetent manager can't.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 16:24]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024