Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, the "3 games to save his job" 14:22 - Feb 1 with 3516 viewshype313

Was complete and utter bunkem then.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:29 - Feb 1 with 589 viewsdavblue

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:26 - Feb 1 by textbackup

lol that's what I men, ive never know if phil was in/out on any manager we've ever had before..... but this one has royally pissed him off

He's gone full on John Rambo, Lambert is the sheriff in this tale.
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:29 - Feb 1 with 584 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:17 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

Look at how it ended under Hurst, he won one game and then got 2 more and stayed in the job for another 3 weeks. As soon as he was sacked Lambert was the only candidate and it was a done deal

But Lambert was on his way out 3 games ago so we could have been doing the replacement bit already. Instead we’ve signed 3 players and shipped out some youngsters on loan

He isn’t going anywhere

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:31 - Feb 1 with 569 viewsclive_baker

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:29 - Feb 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But Lambert was on his way out 3 games ago so we could have been doing the replacement bit already. Instead we’ve signed 3 players and shipped out some youngsters on loan

He isn’t going anywhere

He is.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:32 - Feb 1 with 567 viewstextbackup

He isn’t going anywhere

only hope is that LON has had a say in the loans too

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:32 - Feb 1 with 560 viewshype313

He isn’t going anywhere

That's why I can't square this he has 3 games to save himself line, surely they would have put a number of points that would be required to either fire him or keep him, I'm thinking anything less than 5 would be a sacking, and now it looks like 1 point from 9 is enough, it's madness.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:33 - Feb 1 with 550 viewsdavblue

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 14:41 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, even if ME was giving PL three games to save his job, then his usual form is to get the new man ready and then make the sacking.

Not winning any of the three games has put his position in an ever more perilous position whether ME has made his decision or otherwise. Even if he hasn't I'm confident he has spoken to other potential managers, sounding them out on whether they would be interested as and when the time comes. From the whispers I hear Cook, Cowleys, Pearson and Harris have all been spoken to, probably others.

Phil you are Varys from Game of Thrones, put on a bit of timber and they will be casting you in the remake in years to come.
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:34 - Feb 1 with 539 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:31 - Feb 1 by clive_baker

He is.

Oh no he isn’t

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:35 - Feb 1 with 532 viewsDubtractor

He is.

Def info?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:42 - Feb 1 with 492 viewsistanblue

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:17 - Feb 1 by itfcjoe

Look at how it ended under Hurst, he won one game and then got 2 more and stayed in the job for another 3 weeks. As soon as he was sacked Lambert was the only candidate and it was a done deal

So Hurst was definitely going to be sacked right after the Swansea game if we lost then? Was Lambert already lined up at that point? Was his appointment delayed because Hurst won that game? If so why did Klug take charge of the Millwall away game?

In any case it smacks of a poor way to treat a potential new employee. One minute they're told they're gonna be the new Ipswich manager, the next they're told that maybe they won't be. I guess some managers accept that, but I can imagine some mangers being thoroughly piss*d off with Evans' flip-flopping.
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:44 - Feb 1 with 481 viewsportmanking

He is.

Why are you so confident? Def info?
So, the "3 games to save his job" on 16:01 - Feb 1 with 440 viewsitfcjoe

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 15:42 - Feb 1 by istanblue

So Hurst was definitely going to be sacked right after the Swansea game if we lost then? Was Lambert already lined up at that point? Was his appointment delayed because Hurst won that game? If so why did Klug take charge of the Millwall away game?

In any case it smacks of a poor way to treat a potential new employee. One minute they're told they're gonna be the new Ipswich manager, the next they're told that maybe they won't be. I guess some managers accept that, but I can imagine some mangers being thoroughly piss*d off with Evans' flip-flopping.

I think they all know the game, it's like when/if PL goes he'll know that Evans will have been speaking to him whilst also speaking to others to take his job behind his back - and he can't complain or hold a grudge because the same happened to him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, the "3 games to save his job" on 16:25 - Feb 1 with 374 viewscrossyitfc

He is.

C'mon, give us something. I'm begging
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024