Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superbowl fans 19:18 - Feb 7 with 2146 viewsbluelagos

Anyone got any good links to match previews.

Like an "idiots guide for brits with a very limited interest/knowledge but there's fck all else to get excited about at the moment so I might just watch a bit" type viewer.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Superbowl fans on 00:31 - Feb 8 with 682 viewsunstableblue

Superbowl fans on 00:24 - Feb 8 by Ryorry

Really nice work that!

Massive defensive stand from the chiefs there... to keep at 3-7

Game changing

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Huge moment (n/t) on 00:31 - Feb 8 with 672 viewsunstableblue

Superbowl fans on 00:29 - Feb 8 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Huge defensive effort from KC

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Superbowl fans on 00:35 - Feb 8 with 654 viewschrismakin

Superbowl fans on 00:31 - Feb 8 by unstableblue

Massive defensive stand from the chiefs there... to keep at 3-7

Game changing

How on earth they managed to stop that, amazing effort

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Superbowl fans on 00:50 - Feb 8 with 633 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Superbowl fans on 00:13 - Feb 8 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Gronk!!

x2!!!
Superbowl fans on 00:52 - Feb 8 with 629 viewsJ2BLUE

Superbowl fans on 00:21 - Feb 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Given he’s on record as saying he wants to be playing at 45 I doubt he’ll retire, regardless of the outcome

Yea I know but it would be the perfect ending wouldn't it? Winning the Super Bowl in the home stadium in your first season away from the Patriots. Almost certain to get MVP as well if they win.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Superbowl fans on 01:21 - Feb 8 with 602 viewstampa_bay

Superbowl fans on 20:11 - Feb 7 by Ryorry

Cheers (Churchman too) - I'd like a different team to win this year, so will root for Tampa Bay! 👍 🏉

Thanks. I’ll do my best.
Superbowl fans on 01:26 - Feb 8 with 589 viewsJ2BLUE

I love Romo. Brilliant commentator. Always makes me laugh.

Truly impaired.

Superbowl fans on 01:29 - Feb 8 with 582 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Superbowl fans on 00:52 - Feb 8 by J2BLUE

Yea I know but it would be the perfect ending wouldn't it? Winning the Super Bowl in the home stadium in your first season away from the Patriots. Almost certain to get MVP as well if they win.

That would probably be wise, the last 2 great ageing QB’s (Manning and Brees) both played beyond their sell by date and looked a shell of themselves by the end, although Manning did manage to go out on a high still. But I genuinely think Brady means it, he gets off on proving the doubters wrong and that would just be another instance of it

You could be onto something though, it would be an ideal ending for him

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Superbowl fans on 01:31 - Feb 8 with 577 viewsJ2BLUE

Superbowl fans on 01:29 - Feb 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That would probably be wise, the last 2 great ageing QB’s (Manning and Brees) both played beyond their sell by date and looked a shell of themselves by the end, although Manning did manage to go out on a high still. But I genuinely think Brady means it, he gets off on proving the doubters wrong and that would just be another instance of it

You could be onto something though, it would be an ideal ending for him

Yea I felt for Brees.

Time for a double cappuccino. I'm getting old...

Truly impaired.

Superbowl fans on 01:40 - Feb 8 with 561 viewsThe_Last_Baron

What's this nonsense at half time?

Like the look of Tom Brady, seems like a tough man who would make a great soldier.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Superbowl fans on 02:41 - Feb 8 with 522 viewschrismakin

Would someone mind sending me some details about American Football, i.e seasons, etc

I've really enjoyed watching this and would like to do so more, but no idea when seasons start etc, is it like football i,e league season, or just cup games?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Superbowl fans on 02:43 - Feb 8 with 520 viewsJ2BLUE

Superbowl fans on 02:41 - Feb 8 by chrismakin

Would someone mind sending me some details about American Football, i.e seasons, etc

I've really enjoyed watching this and would like to do so more, but no idea when seasons start etc, is it like football i,e league season, or just cup games?

Starts in September. 16 game regular season (think it's moving to 17 soon). Then the play offs ending with the Super Bowl.

Truly impaired.

Superbowl fans on 03:01 - Feb 8 with 501 viewsLamby95

Superbowl fans on 02:41 - Feb 8 by chrismakin

As the season is obviously finishing tonight I'd recommend watching some documentaries to learn more. I've been going through the all or nothing series on amazon prime and it gives a great insight to the sport as a whole. The first season follows the Arizona Cardinals when they were coached by Bruce Ariens (coach of Bucs tonight).

Another great documentary is last chance u on netflix, about American football but at community college and players trying to make their way to a top college and then the NFL. I watched it about 2 and a half years ago and then brought Madden off the back of it and have loved it ever since. Gives you a great Sunday evening September to January with 3 games shown on Sky back to back to back
Superbowl fans on 05:02 - Feb 8 with 452 viewsChurchman

Superbowl fans on 03:01 - Feb 8 by Lamby95

As the season is obviously finishing tonight I'd recommend watching some documentaries to learn more. I've been going through the all or nothing series on amazon prime and it gives a great insight to the sport as a whole. The first season follows the Arizona Cardinals when they were coached by Bruce Ariens (coach of Bucs tonight).

Another great documentary is last chance u on netflix, about American football but at community college and players trying to make their way to a top college and then the NFL. I watched it about 2 and a half years ago and then brought Madden off the back of it and have loved it ever since. Gives you a great Sunday evening September to January with 3 games shown on Sky back to back to back

I’d agree with this. I would add that highlights programmes are a good way of getting into it. The BBC programme during the season is good for that and there’s plenty of stuff out there. I first took note of it in the early 80s when there used to be an hour each week of highlights on channel 4. My mate and I got into a habit of watching and then started watching Superbowls accompanied by partners and other chums and a lot of beer! A good laugh but where did the stamina go?

My buddy took an early liking to the Washington Redskins and I sort of adopted the Chicago Bears who were and still are rubbish, though they did smash everyone in 85. No, it’s of course not the same as ITFC, but I look out for their results.

One of the good things about the game is each year the poorest teams get first pick of players combining out of the colleges. It means there is a balance and allows poor teams to become good ones. For years Tampa and Kansas were rubbish, but not now. Cleveland who just a few years ago won one game in two seasons made the play offs this year.

Sometimes a team like New England wins regularly thanks to a good coach, QB and organisation, but it’s rare and they have to fade in the end. I do like this idea against U.K. football which is only geared towards the rich getting richer.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 5:05]
Superbowl fans on 05:06 - Feb 8 with 448 viewsParsley

Superbowl fans on 03:01 - Feb 8 by Lamby95

Upvote for Last Chance U! Interesting to note how few players make it to NFL, level but fascinating sports documentary. I still can't get my head around how different the US sport system is compared to the university/academy system in the UK.

Bucs and Ipswich fan here, feel like that is probably a small Venn diagram. Feel like I need to get this out somewhere, hope you'll understand but this has been probably my favourite season as a sports fan for the bucs but also my least favourite season for my home team Ipswich. I can't tell you how frustrating it is that it doesn't look like ITFC emulating it any time soon. Might try and write something up to summarise the NFL/EFL experience .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024