Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" 11:14 - Feb 19 with 3297 viewsMVBlue

Under questioning by Stuart Watson, Lambert refuses to explain his comments, which areas of the club are not working unlike at previous 'big clubs' or which player he was talking about. Phone interview link:
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 11:26]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 11:20 - Feb 19 with 3243 viewsBlueastheycome

Good that Watson is calling his comments out though. He should be made accountable for them and asked to elaborate on them.
Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 11:21 - Feb 19 with 3197 viewsjayessess

There's nothing behind his "structure" comments, other than absolving himself of blame.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 11:23 - Feb 19 with 3176 viewsSamWhiteUK

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 11:21 - Feb 19 by jayessess

There's nothing behind his "structure" comments, other than absolving himself of blame.

Honestly it does feel like he didn't want to talk about it for fear that he'd be caught out
Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 11:26 - Feb 19 with 3147 viewsMVBlue

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 11:20 - Feb 19 by Blueastheycome

Good that Watson is calling his comments out though. He should be made accountable for them and asked to elaborate on them.

One thing that Lambert could have safely said that is wrong at the club is the injury strategy. I think many would agree with that.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 11:37 - Feb 19 with 3067 viewsEdmundo

Lambert knows that he'll be sacked for gross misconduct if he elaborates. I feel for him in that way, but he's not doing his job right either... people in glass houses.
We need a new start, but that starts with the owner appointing a proper CEO, Directors AND then a manager.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 12:15 - Feb 19 with 2966 viewsKropotkin123

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 11:21 - Feb 19 by jayessess

He knows that we, a significant proportion of the supporters, are unhappy about the structure of the club and how this impacts thing. So now he is playing this for all he can. The irony being that part of having a better structure is to mitigate disastrous contracts given to the likes of him - eg, not giving 5 year contracts to a manager that has presided over a relegation in the middle of clear and sustained downturn in results

He came out in public and said comments about the structure of the club. He came out and said he defended an owner and won't do it again. He cannot be allowed to say these things and not explain himself.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 12:32 - Feb 19 with 2850 viewsHarlestonblue

"I've worked at the TOP LEVEL" REALLY?
Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 12:34 - Feb 19 with 2830 viewsFreddy

I'm surprised Stuart kept his cool
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 12:36 - Feb 19 with 2815 viewstownblue

I like the bit where he complains about people refusing to do parts of their job when he's skipped plenty of post match press recently.
Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 12:36 - Feb 19 with 2812 viewshoppy

Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 12:32 - Feb 19 by Harlestonblue

"I've worked at the TOP LEVEL" REALLY?

Kept that one quiet hasn't he? I know. I would've thought he'd have mentioned it before if he had.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 12:41 - Feb 19 with 2773 viewsFreddy

How the hell did Watson keep his cool?
Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 14:00 - Feb 19 with 2598 viewsericclacton

Imposter. Evil little man.
Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 16:14 - Feb 19 with 2299 viewssoupytwist

From now on, every time he says that he's worked at the highest level the interviewer should ask when that was and whether things might have changed since then.

And how Watson managed to resist explaining to PL how journalism works regarding naming your sources I don't know given that PL has just said maybe Watson doesn't know how football works.
Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 16:17 - Feb 19 with 2277 viewsBeckets

Lambert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 12:34 - Feb 19 by Freddy

I'm surprised Stuart kept his cool

Both Phil and Stuart have shown a level of class and professionalism in recent weeks that Lambert could only dream about.
Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 16:18 - Feb 19 with 2271 viewsitfcjoe

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 11:26 - Feb 19 by MVBlue

One thing that Lambert could have safely said that is wrong at the club is the injury strategy. I think many would agree with that.

He's already sacked the Head of Sports Science, his long time fitness guy, Jim henry because Henry wanted players to have longer recoveries and he wanted to rush them back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 17:27 - Feb 19 with 2081 viewsSamWhiteUK

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 16:18 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

He's already sacked the Head of Sports Science, his long time fitness guy, Jim henry because Henry wanted players to have longer recoveries and he wanted to rush them back

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 21:02 - Feb 19 with 1851 viewsParamedic

Labert: "I won't talk about that Stuart" on 17:27 - Feb 19 by SamWhiteUK

All this structure talk. The biggest problem at the club is that we keep appointing poor managers (McCarthy aside). If we could hire a manager who was honest, likeable, ambitious, someone players would run into walls for, who could get the best out of the players we have, things would be 100% better and would give supporters something to be proud of.

AllalallalSunderland

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024