Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln 12:19 - Feb 26 with 2802 viewsOsborneOneNil

He was the man being targeted by the US Consortium to take over as Town manager, apparently.

Interesting timing.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:08 - Feb 26 with 774 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:51 - Feb 26 by hype313

The problem we have is that there has been so much nonsense and bluster in-between snippets of truth, people are now sweeping everyone with the same brush.

Yeah, I get that.

A lot is people re-hashing rumours they see. The Appleton part hasn't been spoken about, and now he's signed at Lincoln, I thought I'd mention it.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:09 - Feb 26 with 772 viewsPlums

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:04 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Think they're more advanced than initially appeared and more likely to happen, as I understand it. Always scope for these things falling down, of course, we've all seen that with deals before.

Whether Appleton signing a new deal is related to any interest from here - or from elsewhere - I've no idea. Teams towards the top of the table tie their managers down to new deals at that point, as we know from our own situation just over a year ago!

That’s true but as a rough calculation, if Appleton’s on say £200k pa, that’s a £800k investment (multiply by approx 1.5 if football managers are on similar terms to an FTE elsewhere) from a club with very limited resources (their squad is on its knees through injury, fatigue and a lack of depth). It’s a big move that they won’t have taken lightly.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:09 - Feb 26 with 772 viewsJ2BLUE

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:06 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

Not sure if I should answer that, tbh. The stick you receive isn't worth it.

Mate, this is stuff I heard a while back.......

I apologise for the attitude.

The likes of ITK Dobbo give everyone a bad name and it's easy to become sceptical.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Philip..... on 13:09 - Feb 26 with 756 viewsBloots

Think they're more advanced than initially appeared and more likely to happen, as I understand it. Always scope for these things falling down, of course, we've all seen that with deals before.

Whether Appleton signing a new deal is related to any interest from here - or from elsewhere - I've no idea. Teams towards the top of the table tie their managers down to new deals at that point, as we know from our own situation just over a year ago!

....are we talking "Evans gone" or are we talking "external investment, place on the board"?

Many thanks,

Mr Potato Head.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:10 - Feb 26 with 747 viewschrismakin

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:09 - Feb 26 by J2BLUE

The likes of ITK Dobbo give everyone a bad name and it's easy to become sceptical.

It dont help when Phil the master of the contacts is let down by his contacts and didnt know if any take over talks until recently. I've always thought if something is going on Phil would be the first to know.

So now I dont trust Phil.

Booooooo

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:11 - Feb 26 with 733 viewshype313

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:08 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah, I get that.

A lot is people re-hashing rumours they see. The Appleton part hasn't been spoken about, and now he's signed at Lincoln, I thought I'd mention it.

Cheers, to be fair to you, you haven't posted def info klaxons all over the place, I'm sure you have good sources, appreciate some calm, positive comments.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:16 - Feb 26 with 679 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cheers man, appreciate the apology.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:16 - Feb 26 with 680 viewsitfcjoe

Appleton was heavily linked with Bristol City job so would imagine it is that which has caused this new deal in the main

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:17 - Feb 26 with 660 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:11 - Feb 26 by hype313

Cheers, to be fair to you, you haven't posted def info klaxons all over the place, I'm sure you have good sources, appreciate some calm, positive comments.

Yeah no worries.

Thanks bud
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:23 - Feb 26 with 621 viewschrismakin

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:16 - Feb 26 by itfcjoe

Appleton was heavily linked with Bristol City job so would imagine it is that which has caused this new deal in the main

I see this brett guy also followed BC. Do you think they tried to purchase them but got turned down so looked into town instead

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:25 - Feb 26 with 598 viewshype313

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:23 - Feb 26 by chrismakin

I see this brett guy also followed BC. Do you think they tried to purchase them but got turned down so looked into town instead

I doubt it, the BC owner is a billionaire, look what he's done with Bristol Bears Rugby in the space of 3 years, doubt they would have seen that as a viable option.

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:26 - Feb 26 with 588 viewsPlums

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:23 - Feb 26 by chrismakin

It’ll be top banter if the takeover is actually Lincoln!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:27 - Feb 26 with 582 viewschrismakin

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:25 - Feb 26 by hype313

I doubt it, the BC owner is a billionaire, look what he's done with Bristol Bears Rugby in the space of 3 years, doubt they would have seen that as a viable option.

Ah ok. Must just be the friendship with the chairman then

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:28 - Feb 26 with 576 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Ahem, wasn't ITK Dobbo the one that essentially broke this story on twitter? If this actually happens then a lot of people will be eating humble pie.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:40 - Feb 26 with 488 viewsCoco

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:16 - Feb 26 by itfcjoe

Also nobody knows what clause are in a contract. If it states he is free to leave if a club with good parking links to Gatwick comes in then the length is irrelevant.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 14:13 - Feb 26 with 436 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 13:28 - Feb 26 by abracaDOBRA_

Ahem, wasn't ITK Dobbo the one that essentially broke this story on twitter? If this actually happens then a lot of people will be eating humble pie.

Maybe, but the news/rumours were strong before he broke that on Twitter.
Philip..... on 14:16 - Feb 26 with 423 viewsPhilTWTD

Philip..... on 13:09 - Feb 26 by Bloots

....are we talking "Evans gone" or are we talking "external investment, place on the board"?

Many thanks,

Mr Potato Head.

Evans no longer in charge.
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 14:18 - Feb 26 with 413 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 14:13 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

Maybe, but the news/rumours were strong before he broke that on Twitter.

Were they? I'm sure the first I heard it was from him on twitter, and he was getting a right bashing for it. It then filtered it's way onto here and then obviously people with contacts did their digging. And at first Phil/ Joe hadn't even heard anything about it.
Philip..... on 14:21 - Feb 26 with 390 viewshype313

Philip..... on 14:16 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Evans no longer in charge.

Sounds imminent.

Fingers at the ready Phil?

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 382 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:56 - Feb 26 by lazyblue

of course he wasn't, this is getting really boring now.

https://theathletic.com/2413249/2021/02/26/exclusive-us-investors-on-cusp-of-ips
Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 14:33 - Feb 26 with 368 viewsOsborneOneNil

Appleton signs new 5 year deal @ Lincoln on 12:29 - Feb 26 by MattinLondon

Not really interesting. Lincoln obviously want to tie him down and the takeover isn’t happening and is essentially rubbish spread by Twitter.

Alright Matt. Got any expert view on the potential takeover now then? Still rubbish?

lolz
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024