Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting 13:19 - Mar 1 with 3853 viewsBelsteadCav

But He’ll just get a fine

Imagine if that was your horse, I’d be livid.

They should ban him and his horses from Cheltenham straight away, hit him where it hurts.

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:21 - Mar 1 with 2933 viewsJ2BLUE

It's funny how there are always incredibly detailed explanations to explain the exact moment the photo was captured.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:22 - Mar 1 with 2924 viewsGuthrum

Ah, so it wasn't photoshopped after all?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:22 - Mar 1 with 2916 viewsBelsteadCav

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:22 - Mar 1 by Guthrum

Ah, so it wasn't photoshopped after all?

Nope, it’s real

Makes me sick

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:23 - Mar 1 with 2908 viewsBelsteadCav

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:21 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

It's funny how there are always incredibly detailed explanations to explain the exact moment the photo was captured.

How can anyone believe that load of bull s#*t

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:24 - Mar 1 with 2908 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:21 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

Excuse straight from the Wayne Hennessey playbook of believable explanations

But it’s definitely not a cruel sport, those horses are treated like kings etc etc

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:26 - Mar 1 with 2890 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

They should ban him. Not his horses. That wipes out a huge amount of the runners for the festival. The owners have horses for Cheltenham so for them to be punished isn’t fair.

I’m in a group chat with someone who knows alot about the yard so hear stuff about how he is. He’s not a nice bloke. I’m horrified to say that this will get worse before it gets better.

Also for anyone that thinks this is an example of horse racing, it isn’t. This is one tosspot. Just look at the response of everyone else about this, fans, the media etc. Twitter is full of stable lads and lasses posting pictures of them with their horses. One awful picture from one awful human should not be used to tarnish the sport and i really fear it will.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:27 - Mar 1 with 2877 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:24 - Mar 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But it’s definitely not a cruel sport, those horses are treated like kings etc etc

Here we go..

I expect he'll get his licence.... on 13:29 - Mar 1 with 2857 viewsBloots

....suspended.

Whether that's in time for Cheltenham or not, I'm not sure.

This is just one of the many issues in his yard though.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:31 - Mar 1 with 2827 viewsJ2BLUE

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:24 - Mar 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Two wrongs don't make a right but consider this:

1) Factory farmed animal with barely enough space to move, fed an unnatural diet and pumped with growth hormones so it can be killed quicker.

or

2) Horse living in stables with plenty of optimal food and able to run free every day of its life. Usually much loved by their owners and handlers as well.

I realise 2 isn't every horse but does seem to be the majority and I realise it would be better if horses and other animals were left alone but unless you've gone vegan this seems an odd fight to pick.

Truly impaired.

I expect he'll get his licence.... on 13:32 - Mar 1 with 2832 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I expect he'll get his licence.... on 13:29 - Mar 1 by Bloots

....suspended.

Whether that's in time for Cheltenham or not, I'm not sure.

This is just one of the many issues in his yard though.

I was told about four things. For the last three weeks, one a week has been leaked (believed to be by an ex stable staff). First the lockdown party video, then the story of him shagging the stable girl and his wife fighting her, then this picture with the horse.

There’s one to come. It’s this last one that will end him as a trainer. And rightly so.

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:33 - Mar 1 with 2798 viewswkj

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:26 - Mar 1 by The_Romford_Blue

They should ban him. Not his horses. That wipes out a huge amount of the runners for the festival. The owners have horses for Cheltenham so for them to be punished isn’t fair.

I’m in a group chat with someone who knows alot about the yard so hear stuff about how he is. He’s not a nice bloke. I’m horrified to say that this will get worse before it gets better.

Also for anyone that thinks this is an example of horse racing, it isn’t. This is one tosspot. Just look at the response of everyone else about this, fans, the media etc. Twitter is full of stable lads and lasses posting pictures of them with their horses. One awful picture from one awful human should not be used to tarnish the sport and i really fear it will.

There needs to be a review and possible regulation. The fact that it could happen, even in small numbers, is something the organisers of the sport should be investing heavily into making sure it doesn't happen.

I would not be broken hearted if using animals in sport was banned as well you know, but if they are used then the organisers have as big a duty of care for the animals as the handlers do.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:41 - Mar 1 with 2749 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:33 - Mar 1 by wkj

There needs to be a review and possible regulation. The fact that it could happen, even in small numbers, is something the organisers of the sport should be investing heavily into making sure it doesn't happen.

I would not be broken hearted if using animals in sport was banned as well you know, but if they are used then the organisers have as big a duty of care for the animals as the handlers do.

I totally agree with you. The welfare of the horses is undoubtedly the most important aspect of the sport. There’s no ifs buts or maybes about that.

The slight issue here is that because he’s an Irish trainer, it’s the Irish regulation that have to look into it. But the IHRB are notoriously not as harsh as the BHA (British Horse Racing Authority). The BHA can block his runners from Cheltenham if they chose to but that’s the owners who are being punished. What needs to happen is the IHRB suspend his license and then his assistant can take over and the owners not be punished for such a disgusting action. Whether they do that whilst the investigation goes on, I don’t know.

For me, the betting element of the sport in matters like this is irrelevant. I have the odds on fav antepost trained by Elliott for a race for well into 4 figures in 17 days time. I’ve been on him literally 11 months. I can’t help but feel that the bet may end up gone. And if that happens, it happens. I’ll be gutted but I’ll understand. The welfare of the horses is the priority here. However. I expect that the owners being punished for his 150 horses is unlikely with the majority of them being aimed at Cheltenham. With that in mind, I’d be hoping he is suspended or steps down and leaves his assistant to take over. I’d hope in the long term a proper regulator comes in to stop isolated incidents like this occurring.

Although of course.... on 13:51 - Mar 1 with 2703 viewsBloots

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:41 - Mar 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I totally agree with you. The welfare of the horses is undoubtedly the most important aspect of the sport. There’s no ifs buts or maybes about that.

The slight issue here is that because he’s an Irish trainer, it’s the Irish regulation that have to look into it. But the IHRB are notoriously not as harsh as the BHA (British Horse Racing Authority). The BHA can block his runners from Cheltenham if they chose to but that’s the owners who are being punished. What needs to happen is the IHRB suspend his license and then his assistant can take over and the owners not be punished for such a disgusting action. Whether they do that whilst the investigation goes on, I don’t know.

For me, the betting element of the sport in matters like this is irrelevant. I have the odds on fav antepost trained by Elliott for a race for well into 4 figures in 17 days time. I’ve been on him literally 11 months. I can’t help but feel that the bet may end up gone. And if that happens, it happens. I’ll be gutted but I’ll understand. The welfare of the horses is the priority here. However. I expect that the owners being punished for his 150 horses is unlikely with the majority of them being aimed at Cheltenham. With that in mind, I’d be hoping he is suspended or steps down and leaves his assistant to take over. I’d hope in the long term a proper regulator comes in to stop isolated incidents like this occurring.

...the vast majority of his horses are owned by Michael O'Leary (the Ryanair one, not our new chairman) so there is a little part of me that would laugh if Gigginstown did suffer.

I know it's not "sporting", but I can't stand O'Leary.

I expect he'll get his licence.... on 14:00 - Mar 1 with 2663 viewsSimonds92

I expect he'll get his licence.... on 13:32 - Mar 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I was told about four things. For the last three weeks, one a week has been leaked (believed to be by an ex stable staff). First the lockdown party video, then the story of him shagging the stable girl and his wife fighting her, then this picture with the horse.

There’s one to come. It’s this last one that will end him as a trainer. And rightly so.

Rumour has it, it has something to do with a item associated to cattle.
I expect he'll get his licence.... on 14:09 - Mar 1 with 2625 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I expect he'll get his licence.... on 14:00 - Mar 1 by Simonds92

Rumour has it, it has something to do with a item associated to cattle.

Not a million miles off.

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 14:11 - Mar 1 with 2628 viewseireblue

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:31 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

1) Factory farmed animal with barely enough space to move, fed an unnatural diet and pumped with growth hormones so it can be killed quicker.

or

2) Horse living in stables with plenty of optimal food and able to run free every day of its life. Usually much loved by their owners and handlers as well.

I realise 2 isn't every horse but does seem to be the majority and I realise it would be better if horses and other animals were left alone but unless you've gone vegan this seems an odd fight to pick.

Always worth a glance. https://www.horsedeathwatch.com/
In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 14:22 - Mar 1 with 2591 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 13:31 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

or

Whilst your points on factory farming are valid there’s a huge dose of whataboutery there. Ignoring that though I’d argue that food production is a just a tad different to something that only happens for the purposes of entertainment and gambling

Surely all sport is only there..... on 14:28 - Mar 1 with 2571 viewsBloots

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 14:22 - Mar 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Whilst your points on factory farming are valid there’s a huge dose of whataboutery there. Ignoring that though I’d argue that food production is a just a tad different to something that only happens for the purposes of entertainment and gambling

....for entertainment and gambling?

You can't really construct any argument about anything without an element of whataboutery, otherwise everything in life would have to be judged in isolation.

That would be very confusing.

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 14:38 - Mar 1 with 2544 viewsJ2BLUE

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 14:22 - Mar 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Sorry but 'whataboutery' is just an example of how low standards of debate have sunk. It's like saying this is what I want to talk about and you're not allowed to point out any contradictions in my stance because I said so. When people on here use that word I tend to just zone out. Both sides of political threads on here abuse it to try and set the rules of the debate. Sometimes comparisons are perfectly fair.

I realise some people use one thing to justify another. I made it clear I wasn't doing that while still comparing the two.

You say it's different but the animals still suffer those conditions and I dare say your meat consumption kills many animals per year in the name of food. People don't have to bet on and watch horse racing. People also don't have to eat animals when there are plants.

Again, let me repeat that in an ideal world all animals including horses would be left to themselves in the wild. Just feels odd people cherry picking what to oppose while justifying their own choices.

Truly impaired.

Surely all sport is only there..... on 14:38 - Mar 1 with 2540 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Surely all sport is only there..... on 14:28 - Mar 1 by Bloots

....for entertainment and gambling?

You can't really construct any argument about anything without an element of whataboutery, otherwise everything in life would have to be judged in isolation.

That would be very confusing.

Other sports don’t generally feature dead animals on a near daily basis though. Plus I’m fairly confident that football for example would still be massively popular without gambling whereas horse racing would pretty quickly die a death as far as being mainstream entertainment goes

Again a fair point on whataboutery, but going ‘yeah but what about x’ to avoid scrutiny on y is clearly nonsense, particularly where y is far more pointless than x

Although I did win £200 at Newmarket once so there is that I suppose

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 14:41 - Mar 1 with 2528 viewsJ2BLUE

In Horse racing, Money talks... Elliot is disgusting on 14:11 - Mar 1 by eireblue

Always worth a glance. https://www.horsedeathwatch.com/

To be fair it's a different ball game getting criticised by actual vegans. You are right of course. In an ideal world we would not use animals for anything including sport.

I do agree with Rommers/Ryorry that they have very good lives but being in the wild would probably be their preference so I have to acknowledge that.

Truly impaired.

I won't be getting into an argument..... on 14:43 - Mar 1 with 2517 viewsBloots

Surely all sport is only there..... on 14:38 - Mar 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Other sports don’t generally feature dead animals on a near daily basis though. Plus I’m fairly confident that football for example would still be massively popular without gambling whereas horse racing would pretty quickly die a death as far as being mainstream entertainment goes

Again a fair point on whataboutery, but going ‘yeah but what about x’ to avoid scrutiny on y is clearly nonsense, particularly where y is far more pointless than x

Although I did win £200 at Newmarket once so there is that I suppose

...about it.

You have your view, and that's OK by me.

I have a different view, with plenty of caveats, which I'm comfortable with. I like horse racing.

Lambert is gone.

I'm happy.

I won't be getting into an argument..... on 14:44 - Mar 1 with 2501 viewsJ2BLUE

I won't be getting into an argument..... on 14:43 - Mar 1 by Bloots

...about it.

I have a different view, with plenty of caveats, which I'm comfortable with. I like horse racing.

Lambert is gone.

I'm happy.

What if you bet on a horse and then realised Lambert was the jockey?

Truly impaired.

He's too fat, but.... on 14:48 - Mar 1 with 2488 viewsBloots

I won't be getting into an argument..... on 14:44 - Mar 1 by J2BLUE

What if you bet on a horse and then realised Lambert was the jockey?

...there was a horse called "Not Normal".

It ran 5 times, never won and failed to finish twice.

True story.

I won't be getting into an argument..... on 14:57 - Mar 1 with 2453 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I won't be getting into an argument..... on 14:43 - Mar 1 by Bloots

...about it.

Lambert is gone.

I'm happy.

Amen to that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024