Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land 23:56 - Mar 2 with 140926 viewsMuncher

I’ve been doing a bit of digging at HM Land Registry today and what I have seen backs up what Phil has previously mentioned and leads me to believe the takeover is well underway and likely just waiting EFL approval.

The Playford Road site (2 parcels of land) is the subject of a priority search in respect of an intended purchase by Gamechanger 20 Ltd which was lodged on 23 February by law firm Gateley PLC out of their Birmingham office (first instruction by that client).The Bent Lane site is subject to a similar priority search in respect of part of the site only, meaning the Evans group company is retaining part of it.

A priority search is carried out by solicitors to preserve their place in the queue of potential applications for dealing, it confers a priority period of about 45 days. It is a matter of public record and available to view by professionals who have the requisite portal account. It is typically only done in the immediate anticipation of completing a transaction, it can be done slightly ahead of this, but usually is done on the day of exchange of contracts. I’m a commercial property solicitor so carry out these searches on a regular basis. My best guess (based on the timing of the search) is Evans likely entered into a conditional contract last Tuesday for the sale of the land (and club). You would not carry out such a search unless a deal including the detail had either been agreed or was extremely close. The reason such searches are not carried out lightly is because it prevents the proprietor from entering into other transactions while the priority is lodged. If a deal is not happening you should cancel the search, but all 3 remain in place.

There is no corresponding priority search in respect of the stadium lease and I would not expect there to be as the lease is owned by the club as tenant and I would expect Gamechanger 20 Ltd is acquiring the existing share capital owned by Evans.

I am happy to share screenshots if anyone would like to see, but the searches are in relation to the Playford Road site (title number SK219236 & SK203140) and the bent lane site (SK200320) they appear under the “application enquiry” tab.

EDIT:

I have now have a placed a brief article on my firm's website here discussing it:

https://prettys.co.uk/news/takeover-ipswich-town-football-club-could-be-progress

[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 12:59]
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:31 - Mar 11 with 3103 viewsKieran_Knows

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:28 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

Or whats being hidden from us?

I don't really understand what you quite expect? What are you expecting to hear? Who from?

As it's been pointed out several times, the deal is in motion, just let it play out. If it happens, great. If not, then it doesn't happen.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:32 - Mar 11 with 3104 viewsSomethingBlue

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:28 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

Or whats being hidden from us?

Nah, relax, it's going OK.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:33 - Mar 11 with 3086 viewsWeWereZombies

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:32 - Mar 11 by SomethingBlue

Nah, relax, it's going OK.

Or not, as the case may be...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:00 - Mar 11 with 2969 viewsArnieM

Is there a time when a take over , (any take over), would be best being done , in terms of taxation etc . ie is it best done before the end of a tax year, or right at the end of a tax year?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:09 - Mar 11 with 2926 viewsdirtyboy

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:00 - Mar 11 by ArnieM

Is there a time when a take over , (any take over), would be best being done , in terms of taxation etc . ie is it best done before the end of a tax year, or right at the end of a tax year?

I can answer that question.

It depends.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:10 - Mar 11 with 2918 viewsArnieM

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:09 - Mar 11 by dirtyboy

I can answer that question.

It depends.

on?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:42 - Mar 11 with 2830 viewsdirtyboy

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:10 - Mar 11 by ArnieM

on?

Sorry, I was being awkward.

There are literally, so many variables.

Simply, you could possibly be right in respect of delaying for fiscal tax year to pass, but it's too difficult to tell. MEG is comprised of multiple companies, various year ends and then the possible details of the actual takeover and impact on Evans as an individual.

Who knows, but maybe lol!
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:49 - Mar 11 with 2800 viewsBlueWorldOrder

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:33 - Mar 11 by WeWereZombies

Or not, as the case may be...

Seems to be moving very slowly.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Login to get fewer ads

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:52 - Mar 11 with 2786 viewsDanTheMan

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:49 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

They do move slowly, you just don't usually know about them. They take months.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:54 - Mar 11 with 2773 viewsWeWereZombies

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:52 - Mar 11 by DanTheMan

They do move slowly, you just don't usually know about them. They take months.

And then three come along at once...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:54 - Mar 11 with 2775 viewsSomethingBlue

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:49 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

It really isn't — honestly. People are too attuned to the need for 24/7 news now now now. Big things like this don't work like that.

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:54 - Mar 11 with 2771 viewsJackSted

You do realise this has all been going on for around 7/8 months now.... we only started to hear about this maybe a month ago at best

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:21 - Mar 11 with 2582 viewsMuncher

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:54 - Mar 11 by JackSted

You do realise this has all been going on for around 7/8 months now.... we only started to hear about this maybe a month ago at best

I get the impression that they've kept this under wraps incredibly well, it is likely news of the deal has only leaked once has been agreed.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:32 - Mar 11 with 2531 viewsJackSted

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:21 - Mar 11 by Muncher

I get the impression that they've kept this under wraps incredibly well, it is likely news of the deal has only leaked once has been agreed.

Exactly. I don't see why Brett would've started liking all of ITFC's posts if a deal hasn't already been agreed.

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 16:58 - Mar 11 with 2369 viewsBlueWorldOrder

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:54 - Mar 11 by JackSted

Where has it been stated that this has been going on 8 months?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 17:00 - Mar 11 with 2368 viewsSomethingBlue

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 16:58 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

It's how these things work. It will certainly have been ongoing for many months.

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 17:03 - Mar 11 with 2345 viewsKieran_Knows

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 16:58 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

Do you honestly think this takeover just appeared a couple of weeks back and that was the start of it?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 17:04 - Mar 11 with 2331 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 17:00 - Mar 11 by SomethingBlue

It's how these things work. It will certainly have been ongoing for many months.

Maybe not directly relevant but my work involves setting up commercial partnerships and we often work on things that take 12-18 months to complete, and that's just two organisations agreeing to work together let alone an actual takeover.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 17:18 - Mar 11 with 2283 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Theres a podcast with Jordan Gardner (associate of Brett) and he talks about how he wasn't keen on being part of game changer 20 as wouldn't make money from us etc. Thought it was interesting as his mate pretty much confirms the takeover

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 17:47 - Mar 11 with 2182 viewsBryanPlug

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 17:18 - Mar 11 by abracaDOBRA_

Theres a podcast with Jordan Gardner (associate of Brett) and he talks about how he wasn't keen on being part of game changer 20 as wouldn't make money from us etc. Thought it was interesting as his mate pretty much confirms the takeover

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 19:14 - Mar 11 with 2005 viewsMuncher

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 17:47 - Mar 11 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/sports-industry-clubhouse-why-invest-in-a-

I’m not sure it adds a lot, other than saying they can’t see how you can make money out of a club like Ipswich.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 10:30 - Mar 12 with 1649 viewsMuncher

Daily update, they are still there.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 10:31 - Mar 12 with 1635 viewsMetal_Hacker

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 10:30 - Mar 12 by Muncher

Daily update, they are still there.

Cheers Muncher

Tell em to pull their finger out

Poll: If it were one or the other

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:15 - Mar 12 with 1531 viewsBlueWorldOrder

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 19:14 - Mar 11 by Muncher

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/sports-industry-clubhouse-why-invest-in-a-

I’m not sure it adds a lot, other than saying they can’t see how you can make money out of a club like Ipswich.

Really worrying now.

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:18 - Mar 12 with 1521 viewsKeno

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:15 - Mar 12 by BlueWorldOrder

Really worrying now.

why?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024